Installation Error

MFrancis

Feb 24, 2008, 8:09:24 PM2/24/08
to ArcSWAT
Hi

I am attempting to install the latest version of ArcSWAT for ArcGIS
9.2. All the necessary support programs and service packs were
installed but I continually receive the same error message. It goes:

"C:\Program Files|\Swat\ArcSWAT\SWAT_HRUs.dll assembly. Unable to load
one or more of the requested types. Retrieve the LoaderExceptions
propery for moer information."

How do I retrieve the LoaderExceptions property? Can anyone, who has
had a similar experience, offer me a plausible remedy? Thanks.

willem vervoort

Feb 24, 2008, 9:33:33 PM2/24/08
to MFrancis, ArcSWAT
There is this thread on ArcSWAT user
http://groups.google.com/group/ArcSWAT/browse_thread/thread/98786381cea093f9#

And this thread
http://groups.google.com/group/ArcSWAT/browse_thread/thread/656ef938c0fc9bb4#

Which seems the same problem, did you try their solutions?
Willem

Johanna

Feb 25, 2008, 3:45:53 AM2/25/08
to ArcSWAT
Hi there!

I've got the same problem with this error ( "C:\Program Files|\Swat
\ArcSWAT\SWAT_HRUs.dll assembly...)
and tried all these things you recommended but nothing helped!

Any other ideas??

Regards
Johanna

Sammons, Nancy

Feb 25, 2008, 9:09:45 AM2/25/08
to willem vervoort, MFrancis, ArcSWAT
The links below are for the 9.1 installation. If you
are installing 9.2, you should check that you have
SP4, Build 1420.

MFrancis

Feb 25, 2008, 3:16:17 PM2/25/08
to ArcSWAT
Thanks to everyone who has shown an interest in this particular
problem. The reply posted by Rajith last October looks promising. I've
already attempted a 'repair' through the Add/Remove Programs panel. I
will try 'modify' and activate dotnet from there.

On Feb 24, 9:33 pm, "willem vervoort" <willemvervo...@gmail.com>
wrote:
> There is this thread on ArcSWAT userhttp://groups.google.com/group/ArcSWAT/browse_thread/thread/98786381c...
>
> And this threadhttp://groups.google.com/group/ArcSWAT/browse_thread/thread/656ef938c...
>
> Which seems the same problem, did you try their solutions?
> Willem
>

> On Mon, Feb 25, 2008 at 12:09 PM, MFrancis <mf140...@wcupa.edu> wrote:
>
> >  Hi
>
> >  I am attempting to install the latest version of ArcSWAT for ArcGIS
> >  9.2. All the necessary support programs and service packs were
> >  installed but I continually receive the same error message. It goes:
>
> >  "C:\Program Files|\Swat\ArcSWAT\SWAT_HRUs.dll assembly. Unable to load
> >  one or more of the requested types. Retrieve the LoaderExceptions
> >  propery for moer information."
>
> >  How do I retrieve the LoaderExceptions property? Can anyone, who has
> >  had a similar experience, offer me a plausible remedy? Thanks.- Hide quoted text -

MFrancis

Feb 25, 2008, 3:35:34 PM2/25/08
to ArcSWAT
Hello

I am wondering if the Spybot S&D resident in Windows XP (SP2) is
deleting certain registry entries during ArcSWAT installation. Since
we are getting the same error message, I am curious to know if you
have the S&D resident loaded on your computer too. I also did a
reinstall after exiting the S&D resident but I am wondering if S&D
blacklisted certain registry entries during my first attempt at
installation because the reinstall didn't work either.

Have you had any success otherwise?

MFrancis

Feb 25, 2008, 4:03:54 PM2/25/08
to ArcSWAT
Hi

I installed SP4 after installing ArcGIS 9.2. I have Microsoft.Net 1.1
(including automatic security updates) Microsoft.Net 2.0 (including
MSDN updates) and Microsoft.Net 3.5. I have Visual Basic Express 2005
(including the MSDN service pack) and Visual Basic Express 2008. I
also have the dotnet file.

Now, in addition to the "Unable to load one or more of the requested
types." error message that I receive when attempting to install
ArcSwat, I am getting an error when trying to start VB 2005. It goes:

This application has failed to start because MSVCR80.dll was not
found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem.
However, the error message is repeated even after reinstallation.

Does this latest error message from VB 2005 give anyone any clues as
to what might be going wrong with my ArcSWAT installation?