A Play at Caltech: Pasadena Babylon - Jack Parsons, Alestair Crowley and L Ron Hubbard on stage!!

Lermanet.com Exposing the CON for 15 years!

Feb 17, 2010, 11:36:51 PM2/17/10
Friday, February 19, 2010 at 8:00 PM
Ramo Auditorium
$18 (unreserved seating)

ShareThis

Presented By: Caltech Performing and Visual Arts

Pasadena Babalon is a new stage play dealing with the life of rocket
pioneer Jack Parsons, co-founder of the Jet Propulsion Laboratory
(JPL) and the Aerojet General Corporation.

Theater Arts at Caltech (TACIT) director Brian Brophy (Shawshank
Redemption, Day Without a Mexican, Star Trek: The Next Generation)
will direct the play penned by George Morgan, author of last year's
well-received Rocket Girl.

Babalon takes the audience on a journey through mid-1930s Pasadena up
until Jack's untimely death in 1952. Surrounded by a gallery of
characters from Aleister Crowley, L.Ron Hubbard, Theordore Von Karman,
and many others, the play examines the nature of genius with its
unintended consequences, black magic, military contracts, and the
formation of JPL.

TACIT casts feature Caltech undergraduates, graduate students, staff
members, and JPL engineers.

The play will also be presented on Saturday evening and Sunday
afternoon, and the following weekend on Friday and Saturday.

Discounted pricing for youth, students, and groups of 10 or more are
available.

Learn More: http://events.caltech.edu/events/event-7009.html

------------------

Thanks for the tip to Mark Ebner

Unattractive Meatball #7

Feb 18, 2010, 1:10:01 PM2/18/10
"Lermanet.com Exposing the CON for 15 years!" <arnald...@lermanet.com>
wrote:

>Babalon takes the audience on a journey through mid-1930s Pasadena up
>until Jack's untimely death in 1952. Surrounded by a gallery of
>characters from Aleister Crowley, L.Ron Hubbard, Theordore Von Karman,
>and many others, the play examines the nature of genius with its
>unintended consequences, black magic, military contracts, and the
>formation of JPL.

Hell, I wish I could get to this. That's too far on bicycle.

---
Does belief in astrology cause insanity? http://www.skeptictank.org/edm.htm
Scientology is organized crime: http://www.ustream.tv/channel/la-megaraid-2010

Maureen

Feb 24, 2010, 7:00:33 AM2/24/10
On Feb 17, 10:36 pm, "Lermanet.com Exposing the CON for 15 years!"

<arnaldole...@lermanet.com> wrote:
> Friday, February 19, 2010 at 8:00 PM
> Ramo Auditorium
> $18 (unreserved seating)
>
> ShareThis
>
> Presented By:   Caltech Performing and Visual Arts
>
> PasadenaBabalon is a new stage play dealing with the life of rocket

> pioneer Jack Parsons, co-founder of the Jet Propulsion Laboratory
> (JPL) and the Aerojet General Corporation.
>
> Theater Arts at Caltech (TACIT) director Brian Brophy (Shawshank
> Redemption, Day Without a Mexican, Star Trek: The Next Generation)
> will direct the play penned by George Morgan, author of last year's
> well-received Rocket Girl.
>
> Babalon takes the audience on a journey through mid-1930sPasadenaup
> until Jack's untimely death in 1952. Surrounded by a gallery of
> characters from Aleister Crowley, L.Ron Hubbard, Theordore Von Karman,
> and many others, the play examines the nature of genius with its
> unintended consequences, black magic, military contracts, and the
> formation of JPL.
>
> TACIT casts feature Caltech undergraduates, graduate students, staff
> members, and JPL engineers.
>
> The play will also be presented on Saturday evening and Sunday
> afternoon, and the following weekend on Friday and Saturday.
>
> Discounted pricing for youth, students, and groups of 10 or more are
> available.
>
> Learn More:http://events.caltech.edu/events/event-7009.html
>
> ------------------
>
> Thanks for the tip to Mark Ebner

The play was fabulous. The whole audience were evil SP's!!!

The play had two obvious and successful themes, Jack Parsons research
and success at Cal Tech with his buddies that later started AeroJet,
overshadowed by government interest for R & D. Then, the very well
done interlude at the (OTO Thelema) Lodge where the party was steady
and informational throughout the show. A fictitious fortune teller and
interrogator were interjected into the show to throw some additional
insight into the many asked and still unanswered questions.
(e.g. who are these people coming to the lodge!?)

There were many tidbits of well-researched accounts in the show, and
the characters were good.
Aleister Crowley was a dead ringer, (the actor shaved his head for the
performance)
L Ron Hubbard showed up at the lodge, (introduced as a science fiction
writer), and of course ended up taking off with Betty, Jack's money
and the boat.
(Note: Jack sued: http://www.lermanet.com/scientology-and-occult/parsons-vs-hubbard.htm
)

Mind you, no one could ever be as persuasive and confusing as Hubbard
in real life (go see a stage hypnotist). But the storyline was well-
researched. And the actor adorned in red hair and all
(does he or doesn't he?!)

I had a chance to talk to "L Ron" after the show! He did a few lines
in Hubspeak that were as real as Dr. Evil himself. But there was no
use to mimic the Hubbard as no one in the real world would recognize
him anyway.

"L Ron" did mention a story that was interesting. (This goes back
some, 20 years ago).
A group of friends used to read out of someones leftover Hubbard
book.
And he repeated this line from the book:

"Your hat is your hat. Know it, wear it -- make it real."
This is a Hubbard quote.

One day, he Google's the first sentence (Your hat is your hat). The
VERY FIRST search result is a blog, talking about Robert Heinlein. In
the Heinlein story, it's quoted as: "Time to pick up your hat."

He thought that it was really weird that the first thing you get when
putting in Hubbard was Heinlein.

And he quoted Heinlein, in the performance....

Alot of interesting people attended. The night we attended, there were
members of the OTo,
(verbatim: Hubbard is a lout); Wicca, geophysicists and many CalTech
students of course. Each night there was a party with a question and
answer session, and I'm sorry to have missed out. Alot of input and
information around this mysterious story is said to have taken place.

But I didn't miss out really, because I love to talk :-) and there was
plenty to share before the Q & A even began! A nice group, and a
great school. They all did great!

Maureen
http://www.lermanet.com/scientology-and-occult/

http://groups.google.com/group/alt.religion.scientology/browse_thread/thread/60f0ee45b7ea6d82
Hubbard bought the property which became
Golden Era Studios in 1978. Behind this property
was the Grand Central Rocket Company, a competitor
of Aerojet's. The owner let Parsons store his stash there, long ago.

"The Otherworldly Life of Rocket Scientist John Whiteside Parsons -
Page 297

Strange Angel

"After all his years working with explosives and rockets Parsons had
accumulated a vast collection of rare and volatile chemicals. Far too
unstable to keep in his home laboratory, he had been storing them in a
warehouse owned by the Special Effects Corporation, a Pyrotechnics
company that Parsons often lent his services to, based in Pacoima in
the San Fernando Valley. While visiting his stockpile, Parsons ran
into an old JPL acquaintance Charles Bartley. Bartley had founded the
Grand Central Rocket Company, (1950) a direct competitor with Aerojet
and he
had hired some space at the special effects plant for his own
explosives work - the very space Parsons had been using as a storeroom
for his substances.... "

Maureen

Feb 24, 2010, 4:00:36 PM2/24/10
On Feb 17, 10:36 pm, "Lermanet.com Exposing the CON for 15 years!"
<arnaldole...@lermanet.com> wrote:

Ahh, nice job Tory Christman! She gotz da map!! ~Check it out ~

Scientology Hubbard Parsons Crowley and Black Magic
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tHflIJhevh8

(Real maps here: http://groups.google.com/group/alt.religion.scientology/browse_thread/thread/60f0ee45b7ea6d82
)

---AND! The Huffington Post carries news about the performance -

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/lisa-derrick/pasadena-babalon-jack-par_b_472077.html]Lisa
Derrick: Pasadena Babalon: Jack Parsons and the Dark Side

"And in a way he did did bring about Babalon's destructive force:
Parsons and he his pals worked under the tutelage of Theodore va
Karman whose work was funded by the military."

[...]

-----

Now why did Hubbard show up? And why was he damning all those
'commies?'

---
Maureen

Hartley Patterson

Feb 24, 2010, 4:45:54 PM2/24/10
lerma...@gmail.com wrote:

> "Your hat is your hat. Know it, wear it -- make it real."
> This is a Hubbard quote.
>
> One day, he Google's the first sentence (Your hat is your hat). The
> VERY FIRST search result is a blog, talking about Robert Heinlein. In
> the Heinlein story, it's quoted as: "Time to pick up your hat."

Hubbard and Heinlein aside from being SF writers were also US Navy
Lieutenants, hence the hats. There's lots of them in Starship Troopers.

--
FREEDOM is a trademark owned by
Religious Technology Center

Magoo

Feb 25, 2010, 12:21:56 AM2/25/10

"Maureen" <lerma...@gmail.com> wrote in message

[...]

-----

---
Maureen

Thanks for showing me Cal Tech listed my video! That's kind of
amazing. (Scroll down to the bottom left, below "Huffington Post"
it says "More on Parsons, Hubbard and Crowley. Click on "more" :)
http://tacit.caltech.edu/

Also, thanks for Cal Tech who put it on, all the actors, the writer, and
Mark Ebner for letting us know.
If you live in LA, don't miss this show: It is fantastic!

Best,
Tory/Magoo
www.youtube.com/ToryMagoo44

Maureen

Feb 25, 2010, 12:34:09 AM2/25/10
On Feb 24, 3:45 pm, Hartley Patterson <hptt...@daisy.freeserve.co.uk>
wrote:

> lermanet...@gmail.com wrote:
> > "Your hat is your hat.  Know it, wear it -- make it real."
> > This is a Hubbard quote.
>
> > One day, he Google's the first sentence (Your hat is your hat). The
> > VERY FIRST search result  is a blog, talking about Robert Heinlein. In
> > the Heinlein story, it's quoted as:  "Time to pick up your hat."
>
> Hubbard and Heinlein aside from being SF writers were also US Navy
> Lieutenants, hence the hats. There's lots of them in Starship Troopers.

I think you're right there. The above quote, for Heinlein buffs was
from, "On the Slopes of Vesuvius" - about a bartender being warned by
scientists an attack on NY was imminent.

A quote attributed to Heinlein in the play was:

"The way to make a million dollars is to start a religion."

Maureen