SOLR4 NOT SAVING ON NEW DRIVE

blueflame....@gmail.com

Oct 23, 2017, 3:29:41 AM10/23/17
to Alfresco Technical Discussion
Good day All,

I moved my ALFRESCO/alf_data away from my drive C: to a new drive F: which is an external HDD but i noticed that the SOLR4 indexing is still saving on drive C: instead of the new drive F: even though my contentstore and all others are saving on the new drive F:.

Please what could the problem be and how can i resolve it.

Urgent please..

Thanks,

Ejike

Bopolissimus X Platypus

Oct 23, 2017, 4:22:10 AM10/23/17
to alfresco-techn...@googlegroups.com
solr runs in its own tomcat context. go to your tomcat installation,
change directory to (probably) conf/Catalina/localhost and look at the
solr4.xml file. Edit the three environment entries there to point to
the new location.

I am looking at a linux install so can't help you with exact paths to
tomcat. The subdirectory where the configuration is may also be
different (I've never worked with a windows alfresco install). But
generally the steps above should help you figure things out. You just
need to adjust them so you change directory to wherever windows
installed tomcat.
> --
> Visit this group at
> https://groups.google.com/group/alfresco-technical-discussion.

Gerald Timothy Quimpo bopolissimus_at_gmail.com
http://bopolissimus.*b*l*o*g*s*p*o*t*.com

"(Postgresql) Cursors are biased towards fast-start plans on
the theory that you may not be intending to fetch the whole
result. Queries with ORDER BY and/or LIMIT are
particularly likely to see plan changes as a consequence of
that."

Jeff Potts

Oct 23, 2017, 4:36:14 PM10/23/17
to alfresco-techn...@googlegroups.com
Agreed, that's probably the problem.

Also, look at your solrcore.properties files which live in something like:

$ALFRESCO_HOME/solr4/workspace-SpacesStore/conf

$ALFRESCO_HOME/solr4/archive-SpacesStore/conf

Make sure your data.dir.root is set properly in both of those.

Jeff

On 23 October 2017 at 20:29,  <blueflame.engineering@gmail.com> wrote:
> Good day All,
>
> I moved my ALFRESCO/alf_data away from my drive C: to a new drive F: which
> is an external HDD but i noticed that the SOLR4 indexing is still saving on
> drive C: instead of the new drive F: even though my contentstore and all
> others are saving on the new drive F:.
>
> Please what could the problem be and how can i resolve it.
>
> Urgent please..
>
> Thanks,
>
> Ejike
>
> --
Gerald Timothy Quimpo bopolissimus_at_gmail.com
http://bopolissimus.*b*l*o*g*s*p*o*t*.com

"(Postgresql) Cursors are biased towards fast-start plans on
the theory that you may not be intending to fetch the whole
result.  Queries with ORDER BY and/or LIMIT are
particularly likely to see plan changes as a consequence of
that."

blueflame....@gmail.com

Oct 25, 2017, 5:46:21 AM10/25/17
to Alfresco Technical Discussion
Good day Jeff,

After i have executed the below, Tomcat does not create Solr4 in the new drive F:.

I keep getting the error below when i check my error logs:

Could not load conf for core collection1:Error loading solr config from solr/collection1\conf\solrconfig.xml

2017-10-23 10:13:44,131 ERROR [org.apache.solr.servlet.SolrDispatchFilter] [http-bio-8443-exec-3] null:org.apache.solr.common.SolrException: SolrCore 'collection1' is not available due to init failure: Could not load core configuration for core collection1

            at org.apache.solr.core.CoreContainer.getCore(CoreContainer.java:753)

            at org.apache.solr.servlet.SolrDispatchFilter.doFilter(SolrDispatchFilter.java:307)

            at org.apache.solr.servlet.SolrDispatchFilter.doFilter(SolrDispatchFilter.java:207)

            at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:241)

            at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:208)

            at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperValve.java:220)

            at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(StandardContextValve.java:122)

            at org.apache.catalina.authenticator.AuthenticatorBase.invoke(AuthenticatorBase.java:613)

            at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:170)

            at org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:103)

            at org.apache.catalina.valves.AccessLogValve.invoke(AccessLogValve.java:950)

            at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(StandardEngineValve.java:116)

            at org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:421)

            at org.apache.coyote.http11.AbstractHttp11Processor.process(AbstractHttp11Processor.java:1074)

            at org.apache.coyote.AbstractProtocol$AbstractConnectionHandler.process(AbstractProtocol.java:611)

            at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.JIoEndpoint$SocketProcessor.run(JIoEndpoint.java:314)

            at org.apache.tomcat.util.threads.TaskThread$WrappingRunnable.run(TaskThread.java:61)

            at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

Caused by: org.apache.solr.common.SolrException: Could not load core configuration for core collection1

            at org.apache.solr.core.ConfigSetService.getConfig(ConfigSetService.java:66)

            at org.apache.solr.core.CoreContainer.create(CoreContainer.java:554)

            at org.apache.solr.core.CoreContainer$1.call(CoreContainer.java:261)

            at org.apache.solr.core.CoreContainer$1.call(CoreContainer.java:253)

            at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Unknown Source)

            ... 1 more

Caused by: org.apache.solr.common.SolrException: Error loading solr config from F:/Alfresco/solr4\collection1\solrconfig.xml

            at org.apache.solr.core.SolrConfig.readFromResourceLoader(SolrConfig.java:148)

            at org.apache.solr.core.ConfigSetService.createSolrConfig(ConfigSetService.java:79)

            at org.apache.solr.core.ConfigSetService.getConfig(ConfigSetService.java:61)

            ... 9 more

Caused by: java.io.IOException: Can't find resource 'solrconfig.xml' in classpath or 'F:\Alfresco\solr4\collection1\conf'

            at org.apache.solr.core.SolrResourceLoader.openResource(SolrResourceLoader.java:362)

            at org.apache.solr.core.SolrResourceLoader.openConfig(SolrResourceLoader.java:308)

            at org.apache.solr.core.Config.<init>(Config.java:116)

            at org.apache.solr.core.Config.<init>(Config.java:86)

            at org.apache.solr.core.SolrConfig.<init>(SolrConfig.java:161)

            at org.apache.solr.core.SolrConfig.readFromResourceLoader(SolrConfig.java:144)

            ... 11 more

Please can anyone assist me on this.

On 23 October 2017 at 20:29,  <blueflame....@gmail.com> wrote:
> Good day All,
>
> I moved my ALFRESCO/alf_data away from my drive C: to a new drive F: which
> is an external HDD but i noticed that the SOLR4 indexing is still saving on
> drive C: instead of the new drive F: even though my contentstore and all
> others are saving on the new drive F:.
>
> Please what could the problem be and how can i resolve it.
>
> Urgent please..
>
> Thanks,
>
> Ejike
>
> --
Gerald Timothy Quimpo bopolissimus_at_gmail.com
http://bopolissimus.*b*l*o*g*s*p*o*t*.com

"(Postgresql) Cursors are biased towards fast-start plans on
the theory that you may not be intending to fetch the whole
result.  Queries with ORDER BY and/or LIMIT are
particularly likely to see plan changes as a consequence of
that."

Jeff Potts

Oct 25, 2017, 11:23:11 AM10/25/17
to alfresco-techn...@googlegroups.com
What is "collection1"? Did you define your own core or something?

BlueFlame Engineering

Oct 25, 2017, 1:27:30 PM10/25/17
to alfresco-techn...@googlegroups.com
Hi Jeff,

No i did not define my core at all. Find below content from all the necessary changes and also attached:

SOLR4.XML:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<Context debug="0" crossContext="true">
  <Environment name="solr/home"        type="java.lang.String" value="F:/Alfresco/solr4" override="true"/>
  <Environment name="solr/model/dir"   type="java.lang.String" value="F:/Alfresco/alf_data/solr4/model" override="true"/>
  <Environment name="solr/content/dir" type="java.lang.String" value="F:/Alfresco/alf_data/solr4/content" override="true"/>
</Context>

SOLRCORE_ARCHIVE-SPACESTORE:

#
# solrcore.properties - used in solrconfig.xml
#
# data is in ${data.dir.root}/${data.dir.store}

data.dir.root=F:/Alfresco/alf_data/solr4/index
data.dir.store=archive/SpacesStore
enable.alfresco.tracking=true

#
# Alfresco version
#
alfresco.version=5.0.0

#
# Properties loaded during alfresco tracking
#

alfresco.host=localhost
alfresco.port=8282
alfresco.port.ssl=8443
alfresco.baseUrl=/alfresco
alfresco.cron=0/15 * * * * ? *
alfresco.stores=archive://SpacesStore
#alfresco.index.transformContent=false
#alfresco.ignore.datatype.1=d:content
alfresco.lag=1000
alfresco.hole.retention=3600000
# alfresco.hole.check.after is not used yet
# It will reduce the hole checking load
alfresco.hole.check.after=300000
alfresco.batch.count=1000

# encryption

# none, https
alfresco.secureComms=https

# ssl
alfresco.encryption.ssl.keystore.type=JCEKS
alfresco.encryption.ssl.keystore.provider=
alfresco.encryption.ssl.keystore.location=ssl.repo.client.keystore
alfresco.encryption.ssl.keystore.passwordFileLocation=ssl-keystore-passwords.properties
alfresco.encryption.ssl.truststore.type=JCEKS
alfresco.encryption.ssl.truststore.provider=
alfresco.encryption.ssl.truststore.location=ssl.repo.client.truststore
alfresco.encryption.ssl.truststore.passwordFileLocation=ssl-truststore-passwords.properties

# Tracking

alfresco.corePoolSize=1
alfresco.maximumPoolSize=-1
alfresco.keepAliveTime=120
alfresco.threadPriority=5
alfresco.threadDaemon=true
alfresco.workQueueSize=-1

# HTTP Client

alfresco.maxTotalConnections=200
alfresco.maxHostConnections=200
alfresco.socketTimeout=360000

# SOLR caching

solr.filterCache.size=256
solr.filterCache.initialSize=128
solr.queryResultCache.size=1024
solr.queryResultCache.initialSize=1024
solr.documentCache.size=1024
solr.documentCache.initialSize=1024
solr.queryResultMaxDocsCached=2048

solr.authorityCache.size=128
solr.authorityCache.initialSize=64
solr.pathCache.size=256
solr.pathCache.initialSize=128

solr.ownerCache.size=128
solr.ownerCache.initialSize=64

solr.readerCache.size=128
solr.readerCache.initialSize=64

solr.deniedCache.size=128
solr.deniedCache.initialSize=64

# SOLR

solr.maxBooleanClauses=10000

# Batch fetch

alfresco.transactionDocsBatchSize=100
alfresco.nodeBatchSize=10
alfresco.changeSetAclsBatchSize=100
alfresco.aclBatchSize=10
alfresco.contentReadBatchSize=4000
alfresco.contentUpdateBatchSize=1000

# Warming

solr.filterCache.autowarmCount=32
solr.authorityCache.autowarmCount=4
solr.pathCache.autowarmCount=32
solr.deniedCache.autowarmCount=0
solr.readerCache.autowarmCount=0
solr.ownerCache.autowarmCount=0
solr.queryResultCache.autowarmCount=4
solr.documentCache.autowarmCount=512

solr.queryResultWindowSize=512

#
# TODO
#
# cross language support
# locale expansion
# logging check report ....
#

alfresco.doPermissionChecks=true

#
# Metadata pulling control
#
alfresco.metadata.skipDescendantDocsForSpecificTypes=false
alfresco.metadata.ignore.datatype.0=cm:person
alfresco.metadata.ignore.datatype.1=app:configurations
alfresco.metadata.skipDescendantDocsForSpecificAspects=false
#alfresco.metadata.ignore.aspect.0=

#
# Suggestions
#
solr.suggester.enabled=false
# -1 to disable suggester build throttling
solr.suggester.minSecsBetweenBuilds=3600

#
# Limit the maximum text size of transformed content sent to the index - in bytes
#
alfresco.contentStreamLimit=10000000

SOLRCORE_WORKSPACE-SPACESTORE:

#
# solrcore.properties - used in solrconfig.xml
#
# data is in ${data.dir.root}/${data.dir.store}

data.dir.root=F:/Alfresco/alf_data/solr4/index
data.dir.store=workspace/SpacesStore
enable.alfresco.tracking=true

#
# Alfresco version
#
alfresco.version=5.0.0

#
# Properties loaded during alfresco tracking
#

alfresco.host=localhost
alfresco.port=8282
alfresco.port.ssl=8443
alfresco.baseUrl=/alfresco
alfresco.cron=0/15 * * * * ? *
alfresco.stores=workspace://SpacesStore
[...]

alfresco.corePoolSize=8
[...]

alfresco.transactionDocsBatchSize=500
alfresco.nodeBatchSize=100
alfresco.changeSetAclsBatchSize=500
alfresco.aclBatchSize=100
[...]

alfresco.topTermSpanRewriteLimit=1000

#
# Suggestions
#
solr.suggester.enabled=true
# -1 to disable suggester build throttling
solr.suggester.minSecsBetweenBuilds=3600

#
# Limit the maximum text size of transformed content sent to the index - in bytes
#
alfresco.contentStreamLimit=10000000

Ejike Chiboka
08166516400; 08022224537
BlueFlame Engineering Ltd

On Wed, Oct 25, 2017 at 4:23 PM, Jeff Potts <jeffp...@gmail.com> wrote:
What is "collection1"? Did you define your own core or something?

solr4.xml
solrcore_archive-spacestore.properties
solrcore_workspace-spacestore.properties