Reuters tutorial with Apache 4.0 - Unable to create core: reuters

Lighton Phiri

Jan 6, 2013, 1:54:03 PM1/6/13
to ajax...@googlegroups.com
I am new to Solr and currently trying to follow through the ajax Solr tutorial. I am on Step 1 [1] and getting the errors below. How do I resolve this?

SEVERE: Unable to create core: reuters
org.apache.solr.common.SolrException: Error opening new searcher
at org.apache.solr.core.SolrCore.<init>(SolrCore.java:721)
at org.apache.solr.core.SolrCore.<init>(SolrCore.java:566)
at org.apache.solr.core.CoreContainer.create(CoreContainer.java:850)

Lighton Phiri

Jan 6, 2013, 2:09:01 PM1/6/13
to ajax...@googlegroups.com
Found a similar post [1] and possible workaround --I suppose I may have to generate new 4.0 compatible index.

lewismc

Jan 24, 2013, 10:22:30 PM1/24/13
to ajax...@googlegroups.com
Hi Lighton,
Did you get to the bottom of this? The thread you quoted doesn't seem to have been resolved either and I'm in the same boat as you.
Best
Lewis