Cost and conversion missmatch when Click Type is selected

Johan Wallinder

Sep 6, 2021, 8:58:44 AM9/6/21
to AdWords API and Google Ads API Forum
Hi.

We have discovered a mismatch when we include "segments.click_type" in the ad_group_ad report. Cost and conversion values are less through the API compared what we see in the UI. If we remove Click Type the numbers align equally.
Previously we have seen a simliar mismatch for impressions, but this time impressions are the same in the UI as through the API.

We cannot find any reason for this in the documentation. Do you know why this strange behaviour is occurring (or is it a bug?).

Best Regards
Johan Wallinder // Developer @ Funnel

Google Ads API Forum Advisor

Sep 7, 2021, 3:41:39 AM9/7/21
to johan.w...@funnel.io, adwor...@googlegroups.com
Hi Johan,

Thanks for posting your concern.

To investigate the issue, could you provide the complete request and response logs with request ID generated on your end for the report with and without segments.click_type? You can provide it via Reply privately to author option. If this option is not available, then send it instead on this email address googleadsa...@google.com.

Regards,
Google Logo
Ernie John Blanca Tacata
Google Ads API Team

ref:_00D1U1174p._5004Q2NRolE:ref

Google Ads API Forum Advisor

Sep 10, 2021, 4:22:04 PM9/10/21
to johan.w...@funnel.io, adwor...@googlegroups.com
Hi Johan,

I work with Ernie and will assist you. Thank for sending us privately your logs. When running the report with segments.click with impersonation I received many rows, each with the wanted metrics. Could you try running your report again and checking that you are recording the response correctly?

Regards,

Google Logo
Aryeh Baker
Google Ads API Team

ref:_00D1U1174p._5004Q2NRolE:ref

Johan Wallinder

Sep 13, 2021, 8:10:59 AM9/13/21
to AdWords API and Google Ads API Forum
Hi Aryeh!

Our problem is not missing metrics but rather a mismatch in the data "Cost and conversion values are less through the API compared what we see in the UI".

We hope that you can help us understand this for us!

BR
Johan

Google Ads API Forum Advisor

Sep 14, 2021, 12:30:49 PM9/14/21
to johan.w...@funnel.io, adwor...@googlegroups.com
Hi Johan,

Please forgive me for misunderstanding. I tried the query with segments.click_type, just taking out segments.date and ordering by metrics.clicks desc and the report matched up with a campaign report from "reports" in the UI where you add the "click type" and set the report to 1/1/21 to 4/30/21. Otherwise, every day will be counted separately. The top few rows were the equivalent. If you still find a discrepancy, could you narrow down the query so we can take a look?

maria.r...@funnel.io

Sep 15, 2021, 4:46:18 AM9/15/21
to AdWords API and Google Ads API Forum

Hi Aryeh,

We can see that metrics.clicks are matching between the APIs, we have seen that metrics.conversions and metrics.cost_micros are not alined between the APIs. Could you please take another look?

Kind regards,
Maria Ravander
Developer @ Funnel

Google Ads API Forum Advisor

Sep 16, 2021, 1:08:39 AM9/16/21
to maria.r...@funnel.io, adwor...@googlegroups.com
Hi Maria,

Thank you for the reply.

Could you provide the sample API results where we can see the part of the issue below to further investigate? Please provide it again via Reply privately to author option.
"we have seen that metrics.conversions and metrics.cost_micros are not aligned between the APIs"

Regards,
Google Logo
Ernie John Blanca Tacata
Google Ads API Team

ref:_00D1U1174p._5004Q2NRolE:ref

Johan Wallinder

Sep 17, 2021, 11:07:08 AM9/17/21
to ads...@forumsupport.google, maria.r...@funnel.io, adwor...@googlegroups.com
Hi.

This is how the response looks like when we have enabled the logging in the Python lib. Please advise us how to get the full response and log it!

Response
-------
Headers: {
  "content-disposition": "attachment",
  "request-id": "<removed>"
}
Response: None

Have a nice weekend.
/Johan

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "AdWords API and Google Ads API Forum" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/adwords-api/v5FTU000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000QZIGY300rOXfCkyRQjiD6VuLuF252Q%40sfdc.net.

Google Ads API Forum Advisor

Sep 20, 2021, 4:21:45 PM9/20/21
to johan.w...@funnel.io, maria.r...@funnel.io, adwor...@googlegroups.com
Hi Johan,

If you set logging level to debug and still cannot get a log you may try resolving this with the Python Client Library issue tracker and then coming back to us.

Regards,

Google Logo
Aryeh Baker
Google Ads API Team

ref:_00D1U1174p._5004Q2NRolE:ref

Johan Wallinder

Sep 21, 2021, 7:54:27 AM9/21/21
to Google Ads API Forum Advisor, adwor...@googlegroups.com, Plugin1

Google Ads API Forum Advisor

Sep 21, 2021, 11:23:41 PM9/21/21
to johan.w...@funnel.io, plu...@funnel.io, adwor...@googlegroups.com
Hi Johan,

Thank you for the replies.

Once the issue on logging API transactions will be resolved, then provide to us the information that I am asking below so that we can further investigate and to address it:

Could you provide the sample API results where we can see the part of the issue below to further investigate? Please provide it again via Reply privately to author option.
"we have seen that metrics.conversions and metrics.cost_micros are not aligned between the APIs"

Regards,
Google Logo
Ernie John Blanca Tacata
Google Ads API Team

ref:_00D1U1174p._5004Q2NRolE:ref

Johan Wallinder

Oct 1, 2021, 8:11:56 AM10/1/21
to AdWords API and Google Ads API Forum
Hi Ernie!

The team for Google Ads python lib says that you are able to get the response object from the request-id that we have provided. You can find the request-id from one of our private messages to you. If you don't know how to do that they welcome you to reach out to them for assistance.

Best regards
Johan Wallinder

Google Ads API Forum Advisor

Oct 4, 2021, 5:05:29 AM10/4/21
to johan.w...@funnel.io, adwor...@googlegroups.com

Hello Johan,

Thanks for getting back to us.

On the last thread where you've responded to my colleague (Ernie), the request-id of your then latest provided response log was <removed>. Can you share to us the latest / updated request-id instead? In addition to that, can you also share the full UI screenshot wherein you've mentioned that "we have seen that metrics.conversions and metrics.cost_micros are not aligned between the APIs" so we can compare those with the API results?

Please send the requested details via the Reply privately to author option. If this option is not available, you may send the details directly to our googleadsa...@google.com alias instead.

Regards,

Google Logo
Mark Kevin Albios