BatchJobUtilities Upload taking too long

Rafael Machado

Jan 15, 2016, 2:34:49 PM1/15/16
to AdWords API Forum
Hello,

I'm trying to bach upload some CampaignCriterionOperations with c# BatchJobUtilities.Upload, but sometimes it's taking too long (I've been waiting for an upload of aprox. 500 operations for more than two hours now). The BatchJobUtilities.Upload(Url, operations) gets stucked (It does not advace, but it doesn't break or give an exception either).
What should I do?

Thank you,
Rafael

Yin Niu

Jan 15, 2016, 3:06:00 PM1/15/16
to AdWords API Forum
Hi Rafael,

Do you have the request id that is taking too long?

Thanks,
Yin, AdWords API Team.

Rafael Machado

Feb 3, 2016, 9:19:27 AM2/3/16
to AdWords API Forum
Hello Yin,

Thank you for your attention. I hav a BatchJob with Id 1200430. Is that the Id you need?

Thank you,
Rafael

Anash P. Oommen (AdWords API Team)

Feb 3, 2016, 4:26:25 PM2/3/16
to AdWords API Forum
Hi Rafael,

I suspect that Upload method may not be disposing the HTTP connections correctly in all cases. I'll take a look at it and try to get a fix out for the next release. Meanwhile, you could use this code in your main() to increase the connection limit.

 System.Net.ServicePointManager.DefaultConnectionLimit = 100;

Cheers,
Anash P. Oommen,
AdWords API Advisor.

Rafael Machado

Feb 5, 2016, 7:20:44 AM2/5/16
to adwordsapia...@google.com, AdWords API Forum
Hello Anash,

I have a Web Service (C# with Web API). The user pastes a predefined table and i process the csv into an account, so I'm using the BatchJob inside a async PUT REST API (I've tried synchronous too, but without success). In that case, what is the best approach to the connection limits?

---
You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "AdWords API Forum" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/adwords-api/b00809fa-7fea-49dc-b971-077a6df5d032%40googlegroups.com.

Anash P. Oommen (AdWords API Team)

Feb 5, 2016, 8:45:29 AM2/5/16
to AdWords API Forum, adwordsapia...@google.com
Hi Rafael,

If you have access to Web.config, try adding

<configuration>
  <system.net>
    <connectionManagement>
      <add address="*" maxconnection="100"/>
    </connectionManagement>
  </system.net>
</configuration>

In it.

I'd also recommend upgrading to the newest library version that I plan to push later today. It has some fixes on BatchJobUitlities, hopefully that should address the issues you are facing.

Cheers,
Anash

On Friday, February 5, 2016 at 7:20:44 AM UTC-5, Rafael Machado wrote:
Hello Anash,

I have a Web Service (C# with Web API). The user pastes a predefined table and i process the csv into an account, so I'm using the BatchJob inside a async PUT REST API (I've tried synchronous too, but without success). In that case, what is the best approach to the connection limits?

For more options, visit this group at
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "AdWords API Forum" group.

Rafael Machado

Feb 18, 2016, 4:56:25 PM2/18/16
to Anash Oommen, AdWords API Forum
Hello Anash,

I upgraded to the newest library, but the problem persists... What could I do next?

Thank you,
Rafael

On Fri, Feb 5, 2016 at 11:45 AM, Anash P. Oommen (AdWords API Team) <adwordsapia...@google.com> wrote:
[...]

Biniam Asnake

Feb 23, 2016, 8:44:31 AM2/23/16
to AdWords API Forum
@Anash
How can I increase the connection limit in the Java API?

Anash P. Oommen (AdWords API Team)

Feb 23, 2016, 11:38:53 AM2/23/16
to AdWords API Forum
Hi Biniam,

Could you kindly open a new thread? This one is discussing the .NET library and I don't want the two discussions to get mixed up.

Cheers,
Anash

Biniam Asnake

Feb 24, 2016, 8:23:56 AM2/24/16