Community Dining

paul

Jul 26, 2016, 8:08:44 AM7/26/16
to Advocates for Urban Agriculture
For those who are interested, I have a group I started in March of last year called Community Dining, which aims to connect people through shared meals, stimulate substantive dialogue, and strengthen social bonds.

To explain more about Community Dining, I initially compiled an extensive list of venues such as restaurants, caterers, juice bars, bakeries, grocery stores, and delivery services along with every Midwestern farm I could find (some of the information includes what they feed the animals, how many feet the animals have to roam, what restaurants they supply, and how they are rated) categorized by neighborhood that have a focus on non-factory farm sourcing as well as other like-minded organizations.  I then decided to take all of this information as well as everything I learned from all the books I read on health, wellness, farming, and nutrition and use all of the data I compiled to determine the venues for my events.

Please feel free to check out my website, Facebook group, and upcoming events:

http://communitydining.com/

https://www.facebook.com/groups/communitydining/

Thurs., Aug. 11:  Mix and Mingle with Kitchfix, Gunthorp Farms, and Gotham Greens

https://kitchfixgunthorp.eventbrite.com

Thurs., Aug. 18:  Pop-up Dinner with Farmer Greg Gunthorp, Animal Welfare Approved, and Food Animal Concerns Trust (FACT)

https://jampopup.eventbrite.com

Paul Sippil
pa...@communitydining.com
847-732-2968 (mobile)