Changes between 2.1.2 and 2.2.0-alpha5

Tomáš Procházka

Jul 11, 2016, 12:14:39 PM7/11/16
to adt-dev
It looks that between 2.1.2 and 2.2.0-alpha they are many API changes.
For example we are using custom remote APK signing with this code wich doesn't work now because ZipAlign task require some manifest property now.

There is some more official way how to just override sign task  without re-configuring zip aplign task?

Another change is that 'libraries' was removed from com.android.build.gradle.internal.dependency.VariantDependencies
We are using it for list off all variant dependencies.
There is pubic API for this?

And I also found that com.android.manifmerger.ManifestMerger and import com.android.manifmerger.MergerXmlUtils is missing, maybe just moved to the different package.
I don't check this yet.

Thanks for reply.

Michal Bendowski

Jul 19, 2016, 6:07:47 AM7/19/16
to adt-dev
Hi!

Sorry for a late reply. We missed the ZipAlign problem, thanks for reporting, we'll investigate. VariantDependencies is not a public API so we reserve the right to break it, sorry. What exactly is your use case for using it?

Michal

Tomáš Procházka

Aug 18, 2016, 12:13:20 PM8/18/16
to adt-dev
My colleague tried to reply to this thread but it looks that his reply was not allowed by forum admin or something like this.
By we have tasks which collect list of all dependencies of all variants a publish it to the our server for analysis.
So we need the way how to get list of all resolved dependencies included all transitive dependencies.

Tomáš Procházka

Sep 1, 2016, 11:02:18 AM9/1/16
to adt-dev
I tried to download source code of the build plugin to figure out the solution for this problem, but I found that latest version is your repo is 2.0.0 from the 2015.
It is really weird open source.

Tomáš Procházka

Sep 1, 2016, 11:04:39 AM9/1/16
to adt-dev
Or which branch is latest for gradle plugin?
I tried gradle-dev
Maybe I should use master?
I don't want whole android base, just gradle plugin is enought
But also gradle-dev has 20GiB :-(

Michal Bendowski

Sep 2, 2016, 5:16:03 AM9/2/16
to adt...@googlegroups.com
We release the source code of the plugin after every stable release, so the 2.2 source code is not available yet.

The only way in which we expose the final, effective dependency graph is in "the model". What you can try to do is use Gradle's Tooling API to get the model, i.e. an instance of the AndroidProject class that is in the com.android.tools.build:builder-model Maven artifact. This is how the IDE gets all the dependency information. Other than that you can file a bug at b.android.com to request this information to be more easily accessible from within build.gradle.

HTH,

Michal

Tomáš Procházka

Sep 2, 2016, 5:48:07 AM9/2/16
to adt-dev
Thanks.
So 2.1.3 is already released, which TAG i should use for sources for this plugin?
But would be great if you release sources at least for RC versions to make possible prepare for the changes before final release.

Tor Norbye

Sep 21, 2016, 9:59:32 AM9/21/16
to adt...@googlegroups.com
The source code for 2.2 is now available; use the tags
studio-2.2
or
gradle_2.2.0

-- Tor

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "adt-dev" group.