Installing Adagios in a current Nagios Enviroment

dfs

Aug 3, 2015, 2:48:00 PM8/3/15
to adagios
Heya!

I would like to know if it's possible to install Adagios in a current Nagios enviroment, without breaking it? Instead of doing from scratch,

I´m currently using Nagios Core 3.4.1 on Red Hat 6.3 64bits.

Thanks for the help!
Diogo

Tomas Edwardsson

Aug 3, 2015, 5:44:25 PM8/3/15
to ada...@googlegroups.com
Sure, should work just great. Just to stay on the safe side I would do a backup anyways.

---
Tommi

Confidencialidade: A informação contida nesta mensagem de e-mail,incluindo quaisquer anexos, é confidencial e está reservada apenas à pessoa ou entidade para a qual foi endereçada. Se você não é o destinatário ou a pessoa responsável por encaminhar esta mensagem ao destinatário, você está, por meio desta, notificado que não deverá rever, retransmitir, imprimir, copiar, usar ou distribuir esta mensagem de e-mail ou quaisquer anexos. Caso você tenha recebido esta mensagem por engano, por favor, contate o remetente imediatamente e apague esta mensagem de seu computador ou de qualquer outro banco de dados. Muito obrigado.

JRebello Soundbite

Mar 16, 2016, 2:21:30 AM3/16/16
to adagios
Hello,
I am trying to install adagios over a current nagios environment (nagos 4.0 on centos 6.4).  I believe I have all the packages I need per the adagios install instructions, except for one...when trying to install the adagios package it tells me:
Error: Package: adagios-1.6.1-1.git.143.fc57957.el6.noarch (ok-testing)
           Requires: python-django15
Sort of a newbie so not sure where/how to find the python-django goodness...I installed python but not seeing anything for python-django.
Hoping you could point me in the right direction.
thanks!

arthur sherman

Mar 17, 2016, 11:39:05 AM3/17/16
to adagios
i'm trying to get adagios going w/ nagos 4.1.1 on debian8. problem is livestatus. nagios isn't loading it.
it's not just me. i see lots of problem discussions related to 4.1.1/livestatus. nagios works fine w/o livestatus but
adagios is dependent upon it for any status things. config works, but nothing that needs status data.
it should work w/ 4.0.x
-ams

Páll Sigurðsson

Mar 20, 2016, 8:37:06 AM3/20/16
to ada...@googlegroups.com
We are not very proficient with mk-livestatus (we only use it once it is up and running). Maybe get help on the mk-livestatus mailing lists on how to get it up and running with nagios 4.1.1 and then share back on this list ?

arthur sherman (avraham shir-el)

Mar 20, 2016, 8:54:41 AM3/20/16
to ada...@googlegroups.com
i have been hunting a bit on the mk-livestatus forum. i know that the solution is somewhere in the op5 fork.
tried that a while ago w/o success.
i found one gentleman who had a similar problem about a year ago. he's not active
in that forum though. i am trying to contact him.
will certainly post any solution which i may find.

glad to here from u pall.
the forum has been dormant for a while.

-ams

-ams

arthur sherman

Mar 21, 2016, 8:11:20 PM3/21/16
to adagios
problem solved.
use the op5 fork of mk-livestatus.
the 'make' will complain that it can't find nagios .h include files EVEN IF you include the nagios include dir in the gcc command w/ the -I option.
i had to 'mkdir include' and 'mkdir lib' in the livestatus-master tree, then copy all .h files from the nagios tree ./include and ./lib dirs to those new dirs in the livestatus-master tree.

thanks to abrist from the nagios forum for the tip on copying the .h files from the nagios to the livestatus tree.

then  'make install' worked and puff!
adagios in it's full beauty!

i did this w/ nagios 4.1.1 on debian 8 (jessie).

-ams