Your Daily Reprieve 01.26.16

1 view

Tom Murphy

Jan 26, 2016, 5:14:53 AM1/26/16
to 7AMme...@yahoogroups.com, baffl...@googlegroups.com, txmurphy, Your_Daily_Reprieve, YourDailyReprieve2@googlegroups. com

Your Daily Reprieve for Tuesday January  26, 2016

From Stuart, Florida

“I'd rather look back on life and say 'I can't believe I did that'

than 'I wish I’d did that'.”

~Richard Branson

“And above all, watch with glittering eyes the whole world around you because the greatest secrets are always hidden in the most unlikely places. Those who don't believe in magic will never find it.” ~Roald Dahl

Human beings don't always make rational decisions. But making irrational decisions is precisely what makes us human. These decisions, based on an impulse or a feeling, often lead us to those perfect moments when it feels great to be alive. ~Ryan Sandes

"You will never reach your destination if you stop and throw stones at every dog that barks." Winston Churchill

Big Book Quote

"Once we have taken this step, withholding nothing, we are delighted.
We can look the world in the eye. We can be alone at perfect peace and
ease. Our fears fall from us. We begin to feel the nearness of our
Creator. We may have had certain spiritual beliefs, but now we begin to
have a spiritual experience."

Alcoholics Anonymous, 4th Edition, Into Action, pg. 75

Daily Share!

AA Speaker of the Day

TALBOT HAYGOOD

@ 19th Florida State Convention

1975

http://bit.ly/1P2qZVW

Wee Willie’s

Sobriety First Media

AA CD’s Literature and tapes

https://www.mediafire.com/sobrietyfirst

Celebrate Your Anniversary Here

SHOW HOW IT WORKS!!!

If you are celebrating an anniversary this month,

please send along the date and any message you would

like to share with the other 3000 people on this email list and

perhaps as many as 30000 others who have it forwarded.

You need to remind me every year!

Send your day, your location and number of years to:

tx...@comcast.net

January 2016 Anniversaries

1/1 Skipper Bob V. (Bernardsville, NJ)…..32

1/1 Steve K. (Boston/Stuart, FL)…..18

1/1 Joan B. (Port Charlotte, FL) ...... 27 years

1/1 Joe G. (Riverside, RI)…..29

1/1 Deirdre K. (New Providence, NJ)…..11

1/1 John C. (Los Alamitos, CA)…..11

1/1 Mary Lou K. (Phillips, Maine)…..35

1/1 Dan D. (Creve Coeur, MO)…..1

1/1 Joanie R. (Bedminster, NJ)…..14

1/1 Peter J. (Vancouver BC, Canada)….. 5years

1/2 Gregory B. (NYC, New York)…..4

1/2 Peggy M. (Rye Beach, NH)…..36

1/2 Tara H. (NYC, NY)…..1

1/2 Katherine F. ( Cohassett, MA) ...... 10

1/3 Kare B. (Boston, MA)…..32

1/3 Johnyr (Stuart, FL)…..38

1/5  Heidi O. ()…..19

1/5 Tim G. (Dallas, TX)…..4

1/6 Heather B. (Scotland)…..2

1/6 Ann B. (Greenwich, CT/Stuart, FL)…..37

1/6 Mary B. (Key Largo, FL)…..10

1/6 Richard F. (Annapolis, MD)…..1

1/6 George R. (Stratham, NH)…..4

1/6 Cate N. (Calgary. Alberta, CA)…..6

1/7 Leo D. (Warren, NJ)…..18

1/7 Tom D. (Gold Canyon, AZ (Scituate, MA))…..44

1/7 Kurt D. (Thailand)…..14

1/7 Liz O. (NY, NY)…..12

1/8 Louis S. (Tortola, BVI)…..3

1/8 Alan J. (Roscoe, NY)…..8

1/9 Patrick H. (Long Beach, CA)…..1

1/9 Jason M. (Rye, NY)…..16

1/10 Kelly P. (Methuen, MA)…..27

1/10 Tim S. (Nursling, UK)…..10

1/10 Tom D. (Dallas, TX)…..25

1/10 Sara M. (Fresh Meadows, NY)…..3

1/11 Danielle T. (NYC, NY)…..24

1/11 Austin B. (NYC, NY)…..7

1/11 Larry H. (Yalata, FL)…..10

1/12 Mike L. (Scituate, MA) ........3

1/12 Shahab N. (Havre de Grace, MD)…..13

1/13 Padraic O’. (Whistler, BC_.....3

1/13 Tara M. (Larchmont, NY)…..3

1/13 David S. (Boston, MA)…..30

1/13 Robbi (Port Charlotte, FL/VA)…..34

1/14 Cheryl V. (Netherlands)…..1

1/14 Dot C. (MA)…..3

1/14 Nick M. (Asheville, NC)…..22

1/15 Steven D. (Bernardsville, NJ)…..4

1/15 John M. (Dumaguete, Phillipines)…..19

1/16 Tree A. San Anselmo, CA)…..27

1/16 Jeff W. (Lake City, CO)…..11

1/16 Rob R. (Mesa, AZ)…..8

1/16 Sheila j. (NYC, NY)…..30

1/17 Scott M. (New York City)…..2

1/17 Helen C. (Folkestone, UK)…..44

1/17  Melinda F. (Dothan, AL)…..6

1/17 Gabby M. (Denville, NJ)…..3

1/18 Jerry H. (Winchester, UK)…..17

1/19 Alan S. (Hiawassee, GA)…..3

1/19 Carol L. (Palm Beach /Aspen /New York City)…..25

1/20 Elizabeth J. (Lake Mary, FL)…..29

1/20 Mary Lois (ML) A. (Stuart, FL)…..13

1/20 Jeff L. (Portsmouth, NH)…..2

1/21 Mary Jane H. (Melvile, NY)…..44

1/21 Robby R. (Bernardsville, NJ)…..3

1/22 Gary J. (New Canaan, CT)…..30

1/22 Julie K. (Bridgewater, NJ)…..8

1/23 Lindsay M. (Randolph, MA)…..1

1/23 George McC. (Venice, FL) ...... 47

1/24 Vito (Saratoga Springs, NY)…..24

1/24 Paul B. (Newburyport. MA)…..30

1/24 Melanie K. (NYC, NY)…..5

1/25 Terry O’D. ( Scituate, MA) ..... 41

1/25 Thomas M (Airdrie, Scotland)…..27

1/26 Dana R. (Madison, CT)…..1

1/26 Doug L. (San Diego, CA)…..5

1/27 Bud C. (Marshfield, MA) ....... 27

1/27 Iris F. (Naples, FL)…..18

1/28 Bill S. (Big Flats, NY)…..27

1/28 Lisa G. (Spring Lake, NJ)…..4

1/29 Sandy W. (East Hampton, NY)…..20

1/29 Sandra C. (Port St. Lucie, FL)…..40

1/30 Kurt S. (Philly/ Ponte Vedra, FL)…..22

1/30 Kris W. (Arkansas)…..30

1/31 Bob P. (Fushun, China/Morehead City, NC)….. 32

1434 Total Years of Sobriety

12&12

Step Twelve - "Having had a spiritual awakening as the result of these steps, we tried to carry this message to alcoholics, and to practice these principles in all our affairs."

When alcoholism strikes, very unnatural situations may develop which work against marriage partnership and compatible union. If the man is affected, the wife must become the head of the house, often the breadwinner. As matters get worse, the husband becomes a sick and irresponsible child who needs to be looked after and extricated from endless scrapes and impasses. Very gradually, and usually without any realization of the fact, the wife is forced to become the mother of an erring boy. And if she had a strong maternal instinct to begin with, the situation is aggravated. Obviously not much partnership can exist under these conditions. The wife usually goes on doing the best she knows how, but meanwhile the alcoholic alternately loves and hates her maternal care. A pattern is thereby established that may take a lot of undoing later on. Nevertheless, under the influence or A.A.’s Twelve Steps, these situations are often set right. *

(In adapted form, the Steps are also used by Al-Anon Family Groups)

pp 117-118

Twenty Four Hours

A.A. Thought For The Day

As we became alcoholics, the bad effects of drinking
came more and more to outweigh the good effects. But
the strange part of it is that, no matter what drinking
did to us, loss of our health, our jobs, our money and
our homes, we still stuck to it and depended on it. Our
dependence on drinking became an obsession. In A.A., we
find a new outlook on life. We learn how to change from
alcoholic thinking to sober thinking. And we find out
that we can no longer depend on drinking for anything.
We depend on a Higher Power instead. Have I entirely
given up that dependence on drinking?

Meditation For The Day

I will try to keep my life calm and unruffled. This is
my great task, to find peace and acquire serenity. I must
not harbor disturbing thoughts. No matter what fears,
worries and resentments I may have, I must try to think
of constructive things, until calmness comes. Only when
I am calm can I act as a channel for God's spirit.

Prayer For The Day

I pray that I may build up instead of tearing down.
I pray that I may be constructive and not destructive.

Daily Thought

^*^*^*^*^
(\    ~~  /)
(   \ (AA)/   )
(_   /AA\ _)
  /AA\
^*^*^*^*^

Belonging

"Perhaps one of the greatest rewards of meditation and prayer is the sense of belonging that comes to us.  We no longer live in a completely hostile world.  We are no longer lost and frightened and purposeless.  The moment we catch even a glimpse of God's will, the moment we begin to see truth, justice, and love as the real and eternal things in life, we are no longer deeply disturbed by all the seeming evidence to the contrary that surrounds us in purely human affairs."
c. 1952AAWS, Twelve Steps and Twelve Traditions, p. 105
^*^*^*^*^
Thought to Consider . . .

Veni, vidi, velcro ... I came, I saw, I stuck around.

*~*AACRONYMS*~*

A A  = Adventurers Anonymous

Daily Reflection

RIGOROUS HONESTY

Who wishes to be rigorously honest and tolerant? Who

wants to confess his faults to another and make restitution

for harm done? Who cares anything about a Higher Power,

let alone meditation and prayer? Who wants to sacrifice

time and energy in trying to carry A.A. 's message to the

next sufferer? No, the average alcoholic, self-centered in

the extreme, doesn't care for this prospect—unless he has

to do these things in order to stay alive himself.

TWELVE STEPS AND TWELVE TRADITIONS, p. 24

I am an alcoholic. If I drink I will die. My, what power,

energy, and emotion this simple statement generates in me!

But it's really all I need to know for today. Am I willing to

stay alive today? Am I willing to stay sober today? Am I

willing to ask for help and am I willing to be a help to

another suffering alcoholic today? Have I discovered the

fatal nature of my situation? What must I do, today, to stay

sober?

Pot Luck

"God will never give you more than you can handle - but life will."

Before recovery, life was pretty overwhelming. It seemed that no sooner had I put out one fire that two more started. Without a Higher Power in my life, it was up to me alone to handle everything, and before long I become resentful at how unfair life was. This caused me to drink even more, and after a while my life was completely unmanageable.

When I got sober and started working the program, my life actually got more unmanageable at first. Still without a Higher Power, I tried to solve all the problems of my life and handle all the new emotions I felt. Doing this quickly brought me to a complete surrender, and this was when my sponsor taught me about the importance of working steps one, two and three.

He told me to get up each morning and say, "I can't; God can, let Him." By doing this each day I was taking the first three steps, and that's when I began turning my will and my life over to a Higher Power. The miracle of this was that even though life continued to overwhelm me, I found that with God in my life I began to find ways to deal with it with courage and grace.

Today I know that life will still give me more than I can handle alone, but with God, I can handle it all.

http://www.thewisdomoftherooms.com

http://www.wilsonhouse.org/

34th ALCOHOLICS ANONYMOUS

PHILIPPINES NATIONAL CONVENTION 2016

DUMAGUETE
 NEGROS ORIENTAL

“Home of the Gentle People"
  Friday to Saturday
     FEBRUARY 5 – 7, 2016

BETHEL GUESTHOUSE
RIZAL BOULEVARD

http://aaphilconv2016.weebly.com/

FEBRUARY 19-21, 2016

"Happy Joyous and Free"

http://www.yumaroundup.org/wp/

International AA Convention in Costa Rica

international convention art

***Save The Date***
May 6,7, & 8 2016

Manuel Antonio, Costa Rica

Click here to join the Facebook Group

For more information

Email Jason G or Russell B

http://www.costaricaaa.com/international-aa-convention-in-costa-rica/

Unity & Service Conference

The Secret is U.S.

(Unity + Service)

September 2 - 4, 2016

Concord, CA

Join us as we foster Unity and Service by sharing our stories and experience. Our panelists from around the country will be focusing on the following topics:

 Applying Spiritual Principles - Sharon C., CA

 A.A. Myths and Misconceptions - Phyllis H., NY

 A.A. Hot Topics and Controversies - Billy N., NJ

 Successful Relationships - Debbie D., CA

 The Home Group - Don L., WA

www.UnityAndServiceConference.org

Seniors in Sobriety

10th International Conference

November 3-6, 2016 San Diego, CA

http://seniorsinsobriety.org/sis/

Speaker Recordings

Wee Willie’s

Sobriety First Media

AA CD’s Literature and tapes

https://www.mediafire.com/sobrietyfirst

*****

The Lights are On

http://xa-speakers.org/

AA Speaker Tapes

http://www.aaspeakers.org/AA_Speaker_Tapes

Recovery Speakers

http://recoveryspeakers.com/

ARCHIVES

Daily Meditations Group Home

http://groups.google.com/group/Your_Daily_Reprieve?hl=en

Daily Meditations Archive

Blog

http://todaysreprieve.blogspot.com/

Your Daily Reprieve is now on Facebook

It is a PRIVATE GROUP

https://www.facebook.com/groups/yourdailyreprieve/

To be added, email: tx...@comcast.net

Please share your wisdom, anecdotes and travels with other members of Your Daily Reprieve.

Twitter

https://twitter.com/YourDailyReprie

AA Membership Survey

http://www.aa.org/pdf/products/p-48_membershipsurvey.pdf

Meditation Resources

http://www.peterrussell.com/TV/3Min.php

*****

Loving Kindness Meditations

With Music

http://www.excelatlife.com/mp3/direct_download.php?file=lovingkindnessmusic.mp3

Voice only

http://www.excelatlife.com/mp3/direct_download.php?file=lovingkindness.mp3

*****

Free Guided Meditations

http://marc.ucla.edu/body.cfm?id=22

Resources

Great Minds Quotes

https://twitter.com/GreatestQuotes

BIG BOOK SEARCH ENGINE:

http://www.whytehou se.com/big_ book_search/

Twenty Four Hours a Day

Since 1954, Twenty-Four Hours a Day has become a stable force in the recovery of many alcoholics

throughout the world. With over nine million copies in print (the original text has been revised),

 this "little black book" offers daily thoughts, meditations, and prayers for living a clean and sober life.

A spiritual resource with practical applications to fit our daily lives.

Copyright 1975 Hazeleden Foundation

Tammy’s recovery links

http://www.bluidkiti.com/forums/

NEW!

Twisted Thinking Making Sense Out of Nonsense:

Change Happens by Changing Your Perception

 by Georgia Hughes

amazon.com/author/georgiahughes

AA Photo Archives

http://www.rewritables.net/cybriety/aa_photos.htm

Heard at A Meeting

https://twitter.com/heardinameeting

Breast Cancer Site

Take a minute and click to provide free mammograms

http://www.thebreastcancersite.com/

MEN FIGHTING CANCER TOGETHER

America’s largest volunteer men’s cancer support group

and advocacy national nonprofit organization.

http://malecare.org/

Big Book Quotes

The Universe

https://www.facebook.com/scherie.dee