Network visualization- node coloring attribute

Haeran Song

Aug 31, 2021, 7:19:23 PM8/31/21
to ORA Google Group
Hello-

My name is Haeran, I am a Ph.D student of University of Pittsburgh, Social Work department, currently working on my dissertation using egocentric SNA.

I was trying to color nodes differently depending on the group category (e.g. family, friend, colleague), which I loaded them via ego-alter configuration along with alter-alter  configuration.
When I tried to select the attribute for coloring nodes differently in "visualization" mode, I just saw "No Number Attributes Found".
Could you let me know how I fix this? If you need more information regarding my dataset, I will send you screenshots of my data.

Thank you!
Haeran

Mihovil Bartulović

Aug 31, 2021, 7:38:26 PM8/31/21
to ORA Google Group
Hello,

It seems like you do not have any attributed imported to your nodeset/network.

When you are in the main ORA window under Meta-network Manager expand the network in question -> select your nodeset -> select editor and if you only have Nodeset ID column that means you do not have any attributes affiliated to your nodes.

However, that is an easy fix - when you are in nodeset editor you can either press attributes -> create new attribute and manually enter all of the attributes per node; or attributes -> import attributes and import them from an already existing file.

Once you have the attributes you'll be able to color nodes in the visualizer.

Hope this helps!

Best,

Mihovil

Haeran Song

Aug 31, 2021, 8:12:41 PM8/31/21
to ORA-goog...@googlegroups.com
Thank you so much for your quick and helpful guide.
You were right. I didn't import any attributional data. After following your instruction, I was able to get the visual I had wanted.
Thank you again,
Haeran

--
Computational Analysis of Social and Organizational Systems (CASOS)
The Institute for Software Research, Department of Computer Science