RE: Truancy Upload - same for Behaviour

0 vue

Wallace, Andrew

non lue,
17 avr. 2018, 09:21:3017/04/2018
à MaineICU...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Sam - this is what we plan to do for our Behavior Report (minus the awesome SQL part). A basic left to right style template of required data has been requested and I understand the DOE team is working on it, as they thought it was already online. If anyone already ahs this please share and we can save everyone some time.

I know we could figure out the data dictionary format, but people really want to see all the fields in a way that makes them editable by a principal or secretary.

Our plan is then to upload the edited file into Synergy.

There is a tool in IC that seems to allow you to combine discipline codes, but I am hesitant because we also use this data internally. For example, you could combine Marijuana related drugs and non marijuana related drug events - but I worry we would lose historical data. It seems easier to me to just change those codes in a spreadsheet.

From: maineicu...@googlegroups.com [maineicu...@googlegroups.com] on behalf of Sam Iggulden [s.igg...@msad17.org]
Sent: Tuesday, April 17, 2018 8:58 AM
To: MaineICUsersGroup
Subject: Re: Truancy Upload

I'm going to be doing ours today, so I may not be fully up to speed with all the issues, but is it the Synergy upload that's broken, or the IC export?

If the upload works, then why not start with an IC extract and then edit what needs editing to make the upload work (i.e. directly in the upload file using Excel), then try re-upload.

One-at-a-time data entry isn't an acceptable solution in my mind...

And if it's just that you're missing an informal action - then use something generic that can be filled down... something like "followed school attendance protocol" with a date that is the same as the truancy start date (i.e. per row).

And if you have any SQL skills at all... use that generic statement in an insert into IC instead of in excel, and then you'll save yourself a step next time.

I'll probably have some kind of query that'll handle that later today if you're interested.

Sam Iggulden

non lue,
17 avr. 2018, 09:36:2117/04/2018
à MaineICUsersGroup
I think with regard to the codes - you don't have to change (or merge) any codes, you just have to check the State Event (or resolution) Code Mappings.

In Index > Behavior > Event Types, click on each of your existing state reportable codes, and just make sure the state mapping makes sense...

I don't know that it'll matter with historic data, because we're not likely to re-report last years behaviors to the state, and if you only edit the state mapping per code - then you haven't changed anything for your local use of the behavior module.

And of course - anything that is too minor to be reported to the state, should NOT have a state code

Remember also - that only events with BOTH State Event mappings AND State Resolution mappings will be reported... and (new this year) the IC extract also requires the Status of an event to be "complete" for it to be included.  (which is pretty bad for us, because we don't really use the Status field much, and only about 10% of our high school incidents have been changed from In-Progress to Complete, because it's a somewhat pointless extra step... if the end date of the resolution has passed, the incident is over in my book).

Katie Gourley

non lue,
17 avr. 2018, 09:37:4617/04/2018
à MaineICU...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Sam,
My major issue is that it needs comments for every start and resume status as they are now required fields and not was required in IC.  I am also getting date errors etc along with a few other random issues.
Katie

Sent: Tuesday, April 17, 2018 8:58 AM
To: MaineICUsersGroup
[...]

17 avr. 2018, 09:46:0717/04/2018
à MaineICUsersGroup
Yes - that's an issue, and we haven't had this tool long enough to iron out these kinds of things prior to the 4/15 reporting date.

Still - the Q3 reporting is a "review" and not a final, so if it's somewhat incomplete then I reckon that's OK.  I think one of the DOE's reasons for quarterly reporting is to force us to work on this stuff early, so we have time to iron out the issues prior to Q4.

Also the guy at IC (Gabe) has been very good at responding to these kinds of things once we figure out where the issue are.  A few of us (including DOE people) have a webex meeting with him every couple of weeks, and we'll be sure to bring this issue up.

Wallace, Andrew

non lue,
17 avr. 2018, 09:49:5617/04/2018
à MaineICU...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Sam - Of value might be a list of the event types and the state code they map to. Does this exist yet? I can easily see people not knowing which things apply to which state/fed required code. For example the difference between battery and assault.

I still don't know if anyone has found a list of all the initial codes we used to have to use. It's been 10 years since we have expanded codes, reduced codes, combined codes that I don't know what is origial or not any more.
Also of concern for me is I see "Alcohol Related" list in our IC as an inactive code...

In my second screenshot I think the active types are "home grown" events - sort of silly things like "rude behavior", but yet code 91 about drug paraphenlia should be mapped to a illicit drug related. Not sure if we made that code as I recall it being one of the original preloaded codes.

Lastly, in third screenshot, my state mapping codes still have Marijuana, yet I was told marijuana is now part of Illicit Drug Related.

Is everyone else still as confused and disjointed as we are? Is it time for a webinar or a meeting instead of tons of people calling the help desk and wasting their time and (h)ours?

thanks - Andy

Sent: Tuesday, April 17, 2018 9:36 AM
To: MaineICUsersGroup
Subject: Re: Truancy Upload - same for Behaviour

Screen Shot 2018-04-17 at 9.43.26 AM.png
Screen Shot 2018-04-17 at 9.44.11 AM.png
Screen Shot 2018-04-17 at 9.44.40 AM.png

Katie Gourley

non lue,
17 avr. 2018, 10:01:5517/04/2018
à MaineICU...@googlegroups.com
I was just looking at ours as well and I have so many now that say "Local Code Only" that way they do not get used for events that need to be reported such as "rude behaviors" I really do not want to combine either as we still end up going back to pull data. Just like in the ESSA report that a lot of us are doing we need to report behaviors 3 years back.

As for the mapping codes I do not have the updated list. I had asked IC about it and they told me it had been done on their end. When I pulled my download the codes had been mapped to the 6 codes the state wanted now. I only had one that showed as a blank as it was 52 which we are not suppose to use anymore.

I feel like we are over due for a webinar for help and walk through. I happened to look at my behavior/attendance reports in NEO today and on my report I am seeing students that our responsible students but attend other districts. We have one town that has school choice. I do not know what goes on in those schools and I am hoping that when it comes time to certify those schools are off that list. I am not sure what the reasoning behind showing me those behavior events and attendance.

Sent: Tuesday, April 17, 2018 9:36 AM
To: MaineICUsersGroup
[...]

17 avr. 2018, 10:17:5717/04/2018
à MaineICUsersGroup
Fyi when I logged in to Synergy today it say that Q3 reports are now extended to April 30th... I was out last week so I am not sure if that is something that was known and I just missed it.
Katie

Sam Iggulden

non lue,
17 avr. 2018, 10:18:1417/04/2018
à MaineICUsersGroup
Districts have the right to have their own set of behavior and resolution codes (i.e. so they can use the behavior module for daily school business).

So districts should simply define their own list of behavior types and behavior resolutions that the district wants, and then map those where appropriate to meet the state's needs.

For each of the state mappings - the district should probably have at least one corresponding local code. You could have multiple local codes mapped to the same state code (if your local codes call for it)... And anything minor shouldn't get a state mapping at all, which will ensure it won't get state reported.

I suspect after this year - the state will stop asking IC to force changes for us, so this summer would probably be a good time for districts to audit/redefine their behavior codes and mappings.  But you could also do it now - just go through the list of the codes you schools use, and apply a common sense state mapping where applicable, and it should be that simple.

All I did this year, was change our old state harassment codes (i.e. the 50's, which are no longer used by the state) to be a "77 Other"...  And some of those won't get state reported anyway (i.e. unless they result in a suspension or worse, and get marked "complete").

Nancy Embry

non lue,
24 avr. 2018, 12:41:0324/04/2018
à MaineICU...@googlegroups.com
I've still got "Marijuana" and "Other Drugs" or whatever, and
I notice that when I upload my Behavior in Synergy, they both
show up under "Illicit Drugs" so I haven't lost my local detail
level, and the State gets what they want.

Sent: Tuesday, April 17, 2018 8:58 AM
To: MaineICUsersGroup
[...]

Data Systems Manager
Kittery School Department
207 439-2572  Ext. 108

nem...@kitteryschools.com

Audet, Norma-Jean

non lue,
27 avr. 2018, 10:08:0927/04/2018
à MaineICU...@googlegroups.com
Good morning,

I am late to the party! I just uploaded the Behavior export from IC to Synergy, errors of course.

Is there a DOE document that states exactly what they want in Synergy, code / behavior wise?

Maintaining two SIS systems, manually, is definitely a resource burden - anyone else ready for summer?

Sent: Tuesday, April 17, 2018 8:58 AM
To: MaineICUsersGroup
[...]

Norma-Jean Audet
Technology Director
RSU #4 Litchfield - Sabattus - Wales
Oak Hill High School
56 School Road
Wales, ME 04280
207.375.4950 x 393
norma-je...@rsu4.org

Notices:

This email message is intended for the exclusive use of the individual(s) or entity(ies) addressed above. It may contain information that is privileged and/or confidential under both state and federal law, including confidential education records. If you are not the intended recipient or an agent of the recipient, you are notified that any further dissemination, copy or disclosure of this communication is strictly prohibited.

Please also be advised that, subject to certain exceptions, emails may be classified as public records under Maine law, and could be released to the public and/or the media if requested.

Katie Gourley

non lue,
27 avr. 2018, 10:20:5327/04/2018
à MaineICU...@googlegroups.com
This went around last week. I finally got mine uploaded the other day without errors. Took only about a week messing with it!
Katie
Behavior Guidance synergy - FINAL 3_21_18.docx

Audet, Norma-Jean

non lue,
27 avr. 2018, 10:22:2527/04/2018
à MaineICU...@googlegroups.com
Katie - Thank you!

Jeanne Houde

non lue,
27 avr. 2018, 14:06:3127/04/2018
à MaineICU...@googlegroups.com
Here is what I got from the Helpdesk.  It was not the same as on the website.

Jeanne Houde
Data Management Advisor
MSAD/RSU35
Cell:  207-752-1253
Behavior Guidance synergy - FINAL 3_21_18.docx
Répondre à tous
Répondre à l'auteur
Transférer
0 nouveau message