Bicycle Quarterly Un-Meeting

Jan Heine

Jun 24, 2015, 10:17:25 AM6/24/15
to 65...@googlegroups.com
Whether you ride 650B or not, you are welcome join us at the BQ Un-Meeting, Sept. 26/27. It'll be great riding on great roads in great company. More details are here:

https://janheine.wordpress.com/2015/06/24/bicycle-quarterly-un-meeting/

Jan Heine
Editor
Bicycle Quarterly
www.bikequarterly.com

Mark Guglielmana

Jun 25, 2015, 12:53:33 AM6/25/15
to 65...@googlegroups.com
Just moved up to Portland last year, so I'm within range this year!

Jan Heine

Jun 25, 2015, 1:11:50 AM6/25/15
to Mark Guglielmana, 65...@googlegroups.com
At 9:53 PM -0700 6/24/15, Mark Guglielmana wrote:
>Just moved up to Portland last year, so I'm within range this year!

Hope you'll make it! We had a lot of fun last year.

Jan Heine

Calvin Rocchio

Jul 22, 2015, 11:23:40 PM7/22/15
to 65...@googlegroups.com
Hello!

The 24th is my birthday and I think I may have fandangled a quick work trip up to Washington the week before (free air fare) so I could ride out to Cle Elum the day before to join you guys! I couldn't be any more excited by the possibility of potentially getting to participate this year. Do you happen to know if there will be a group riding out there together? It would be wonderful to get to meet everyone, and I would appreciate the opportunity to ride with a group that may know some of the more adventurous routes out to that particular location!

Thank you so much for everything you do and organize!

Best,

Calvin

Mark Guglielmana

Jul 22, 2015, 11:37:22 PM7/22/15
to 650b, calvin...@gmail.com
It's early yet, but we could start one! I've already planned a credit card tour around the Un-Meeting. I have a bit of a time window, leaving Portland on Amtrak morning of the 24th, getting off in Centralia, then riding to Emunclaw. 25th will be spent riding to Cle Elum, where I'll be staying at the Aster Inn during the "festivities". The last day a friend of mine will arrive, then back to Portland via Yakima, Goldendale, and Cascade Locks.

Where in Washington would you be riding from? I can imagine many riders starting from different points like small creeks, then joining up as rivers, finally joining together at Cle Elum.

So if anyone wants to join me getting Jan's annual get together, let me know, the company would be appreciated!

Nick Favicchio

Jul 31, 2015, 4:58:45 PM7/31/15
to 650b
Won't be cool enough to ride there, but I'm planning on driving out after work on Friday from Port Townsend.

Where in Cle Elum specifically is everyone meeting up?

Mark Guglielmana

Aug 2, 2015, 2:36:17 PM8/2/15
to 650b
Right now there's no plan. It's an un-meeting. But I imagine Jan will announce where some rides will start. As it gets closer perhaps we can all post when and where you're arriving. I'll be riding in the day before, a meet and greet dinner at a local pizza place perhaps? Never been to Cle Elum, but here's one that sounds promising.

Mark Guglielmana

Aug 2, 2015, 2:38:35 PM8/2/15
to 650b
Addition from Jan's blog: "We’ll post more details about where we’re meeting as the date approaches."

Neil Hodges

Sep 10, 2015, 6:17:14 PM9/10/15
to 650b
I plan to join the good forks this time, too.  I'll be riding a set of one of the new 26" Compass tires, too.

Is anyone going to be riding to Cle Elum on the John Wayne Pioneer Trail from the Seattle side of the mountains?

- Neil

Mark Guglielmana

Sep 10, 2015, 7:43:57 PM9/10/15
to 650b
Calvin,

I started a list over at the bikeforums.net site to keep track of everyone that has asked about others riding up the day before. I've put your name in as well.

Jeff Angeley

Sep 13, 2015, 2:30:25 PM9/13/15
to 650b

Mark Guglielmana

Nick Favicchio

Sep 21, 2015, 4:54:31 PM9/21/15
to 650b
Whispering Pines RV park is apparently the spot (per Mr Heine) for Unmeeting folks.

See you Friday!

Mark Guglielmana

Sep 21, 2015, 6:51:55 PM9/21/15
to Nick Favicchio, 650b
Just to be clear, (un-)meeting is at 8am on Saturday morning, I've got a small group ride on Friday for those riding up from the Seattle area if interested.