I am unable to send a post and reply to a post on wxwidgets forum

Dalibor Javůrek

Sep 21, 2021, 12:48:35 PM9/21/21
to wx-u...@googlegroups.com
Hello,
I have joined the wxWidgets forum a few days ago. I managed to send one post to C++ developer senction. Since then I was unable to upload any kind of data into the wxWidgets forum server.

First I managed to upload my first post. Then I saw I got a reply. Therefore I wanted to reply as well. But I was unable to do that. I could log in, write the reply post into the window and make a preview. After hitting the submit button, it took a while and a blank screen appeared. I managed to send the reply on my mobile phone, but since then, I have observed the same problem. I have tried to connect to internet via different provider, even from different PC from different place. I have been observing the same issue. I am even unable to reset my password. When I fill in my email address and hit the submit button, I have got invalid form error. The same occurs, when I try to contact the administrator.

Can you help me, how to overcome these troubles?

Thank you,
Dalibor

Eric Jensen

Sep 21, 2021, 1:23:44 PM9/21/21
to Dalibor Javůrek
Hello Dalibor,

DJ> Hello,
DJ> I have joined the wxWidgets forum a few days ago. I managed to
DJ> send one post to C++ developer senction. Since then I was unable
DJ> to upload any kind of data into the wxWidgets forum server.

unfortunately that's a common problem that affects everyone. Just keep
trying. When you login, uncheck the box "Remember me". If the login is
successful, you will also be able to post.

Eric

Dalibor Javůrek

Sep 21, 2021, 3:55:00 PM9/21/21
to wx-u...@googlegroups.com

Hi Eric,

thank you fot the reply. This is a major drawback. In my case, I have tried this like 20 times, but with no success. In this state, the forum is unfortunately unusable for me. Do you have any other hints how to increase probability of submitting a post? Forr exapmle avoid code field or attachements?

Thanks.

Dalibor

--
Please read https://www.wxwidgets.org/support/mlhowto.htm before posting.

Igor Korot

Sep 21, 2021, 4:08:07 PM9/21/21
to wx-u...@googlegroups.com
Hi,
Unfortunately, this is an ongoing issue with the forum.
You just need to find a good time frame to login.

Keep trying and you will eventually succeed.

Thank you.
> To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/wx-users/20210921215456.0BBE34F4%40centrum.cz.

Dalibor Javůrek

Sep 21, 2021, 4:33:57 PM9/21/21
to wx-u...@googlegroups.com

Hi Igor,

thank you for the reply. What is your login strategy? Do you try it few times a day or few times in one moment?

I have also received a recommendation to login with remember me button unchecked. Do you do it as well?

Thank you,

Dalibor

> Od: "Igor Korot" <ikor...@gmail.com>
> Komu: wx-u...@googlegroups.com
> Datum: 21.09.2021 22:08

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/wx-users/CA%2BFnnTyaugr3r9mydS-NR6Zr-zi6_kdG2Mz498ZruyrU3%2B-5aA%40mail.gmail.com.

Igor Korot

Sep 21, 2021, 4:41:51 PM9/21/21
to wx-u...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

On Tue, Sep 21, 2021 at 3:33 PM Dalibor Javůrek <na...@centrum.cz> wrote:

> Hi Igor,
>
> thank you for the reply. What is your login strategy? Do you try it few times a day or few times in one moment?

There is no strategy per se.

If I try and log in - great. If not - try it in a couple of hours.
Rinse. Repeat.

> I have also received a recommendation to login with remember me button unchecked. Do you do it as well?

Never do "Remember me" anywhere. Never saved any passwords anywhere,
besides my head.
The best storage ever. ;-)

Thank you.
> To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/wx-users/20210921223353.207BF97E%40centrum.cz.

Dalibor Javůrek

Sep 21, 2021, 5:15:30 PM9/21/21
to wx-u...@googlegroups.com

I managed to login with ,,remember me,, button unchecked. Some of the functions of the forum seem to work fine (e.g. changing the passowrd).

But I still cannot reply the posts nor send a message to admin.

I will keep trying.

If there are any other hints how to successfully reply a post, I will welcome them.

Thanks,

Dalibor

> Od: "Igor Korot" <ikor...@gmail.com>
> Komu: wx-u...@googlegroups.com

> Datum: 21.09.2021 22:41

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/wx-users/CA%2BFnnTx-Ytx9nrg2kpjm7XvyRZfAna7QJ6fNQ_Tu3%2BvyCVFHUg%40mail.gmail.com.

Gunter Königsmann

Sep 22, 2021, 4:25:52 AM9/22/21
to wx-u...@googlegroups.com, Dalibor Javůrek
Often such a thing has to do with cookies or an advanced tracking protection like the one that Firefox offers...

Eric Jensen

Sep 22, 2021, 5:00:35 AM9/22/21
to Gunter Königsmann
Hello Gunter,

Wednesday, September 22, 2021, 10:25:45 AM, you wrote:

GK> Often such a thing has to do with cookies or an advanced tracking
GK> protection like the one that Firefox offers...

Several people have done extensive tests already. This is
definitely not a client-side problem.

Eric