Code folding not working for restructuredText (.rst) after 8.1-153

Steve Canny

Jul 2, 2019, 12:58:19 AM7/2/19
to vim_use
After a recent upgrade to 8.1-154 and 8.1-156, code-folding is not working for restructuredText (rst) file-type. Reverting to version 8.1-153 restores that functionality.

:e foobar.rst

-> file opens with text fully expanded

zc

-> E490: No fold found

set fdm? -> expr
set fde? -> RstFold#GetRstFold

This behavior was observed on two of my three machines, running 8.1-154, 8.1-156, and 8.1-153. Reverting the second one to v153 restored RST code-folding.

Let me know if you need more and I'll be happy to provide :)

--Steve

Christian Brabandt

Jul 2, 2019, 2:23:30 AM7/2/19
to vim_use

On Mo, 01 Jul 2019, Steve Canny wrote:
> After a recent upgrade to 8.1-154 and 8.1-156, code-folding is not working for restructuredText (rst) file-type. Reverting to version 8.1-153 restores that functionality.
>
> :e foobar.rst
>
> -> file opens with text fully expanded
>
> zc
>
> -> E490: No fold found
>
> set fdm? -> expr
> set fde? -> RstFold#GetRstFold
>
> This behavior was observed on two of my three machines, running 8.1-154, 8.1-156, and 8.1-153. Reverting the second one to v153 restored RST code-folding.

Can you test a more recent version?

Best,
Christian
--
"Herr Doktor, der Patient von Zimmer 345, der Simulant, ist letzte Nacht
gestorben." - "Oha, jetzt übertreibt er aber!"

Steve Canny

Jul 2, 2019, 2:22:47 PM7/2/19
to vim...@googlegroups.com
Okay, looks like I was stating a snapshot number, apologies for that. The versions are these:

    Folds .rst files as expected: 8.1.577

    Does not fold .rst files:  8.1.950, 8.1.1517

--Steve

For more information, visit http://www.vim.org/maillist.php

Steve Canny

Jul 10, 2019, 8:56:46 PM7/10/19
to vim_use
Hi Guys, just bumping this to see if there are any next steps. I'm happy to post an issue on the development site if you can tell me where that should go.

Best,
Steve

Christian Brabandt

Jul 14, 2019, 9:25:25 AM7/14/19
to vim_use

On Mo, 01 Jul 2019, Steve Canny wrote:

The Vim runtime files for rst have been updated in between. Try the
latest version from https://github.com/marshallward/vim-restructuredtext

If it still doesn't work, open an issue there with the upstream author
to have it fixed. Thanks.

Best,
Christian
--
Freude bereiten heißt: Die Banane essen und die Schale einem Anderen hinlegen.
-- Helmut Kohl