Video Streamed via xhr.

António Andrade

Jun 23, 2022, 8:10:14 AM6/23/22
to video-download...@googlegroups.com

Hi, I´d like to download a video streamed via xhr. and I’m not able to do it with VideoDownloadHelper because the video (and audio) is broken in hundreds of little pieces. Do you know if there is a way to get the full video? Thanks

Wild Willy

Jun 23, 2022, 12:38:54 PM6/23/22
to Video Download Helper Google Group

jcv...@gmail.com

Jun 24, 2022, 1:19:33 AM6/24/22
to Video DownloadHelper Q&A
Hi,
We probably don't find the aggregation info, I'm afraid there is no workaround in this case.
jerome

António Andrade

Jun 24, 2022, 2:29:18 AM6/24/22
to jcv...@gmail.com, Video DownloadHelper Q&A
Hi Gerome,

Thanks this is also my understanding until now.

The solution I have found in stakeoverflow is to download all files (plus 600) and merge them together.
Is impracticable.

Thanks,

Best regards,

Antonio

António Andrade

Jun 27, 2022, 7:50:54 AM6/27/22
to jcv...@gmail.com, Video DownloadHelper Q&A
Hi Gerome,

Technically VDH should be able to solve this problem, automatically and sequentially saving, concatenating and merging the files, in order to solve this problem. This should be possible with some interactions and solve a big pain for the users.

It is a suggestion, only, it could be e big win for VDH.

If you need a alpha user, I am available.

Thanks

Antonio

Wild Willy

Jun 27, 2022, 7:58:18 AM6/27/22
to Video Download Helper Google Group
It's not as simple as you think it ought to be. Sometimes a web site does not supply the
information that would be necessary to do what you want. This can be intentional on
their part to thwart downloader programs like VDH. It's too bad you ignored my earlier
post. A proper problem report here would go a long way toward allowing somebody else to
investigate what's going on in this case. You are only alluding to your problem instead
of properly reporting your problem.