Okafor: In Memory of George Floyd

Toyin Falola

May 31, 2020, 11:39:23 AM5/31/20

May 31, 2020, 4:13:11 PM5/31/20
to usaafric...@googlegroups.com
Thank you for this, Collins.
It said it all
Endearingly,
Endurely.

R.I.P.
George Floyd
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "USA Africa Dialogue Series" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__groups.google.com_d_msgid_usaafricadialogue_EA6F6CDB-2DC770-2D43B0-2DB93E-2DA3DF13157C72-2540austin.utexas.edu&d=DwIBaQ&c=Cu5g146wZdoqVuKpTNsYHeFX_rg6kWhlkLF8Eft-wwo&r=qMHo0jABnWy_k058JRFMMbozPcY5ZtnWAZeTWwiqyb8&m=VIT3TJBOlysUUOfFrnWXScFAjH9PNxasx9VL22YyIcU&s=z3Snfn37atEoR5RuDrYQEtEg421dWt1dIqpNHHHpvSc&e= .

Gloria Emeagwali

May 31, 2020, 6:16:46 PM5/31/20
to usaafric...@googlegroups.com
A heartfelt masterpiece.

GE

Sent from my iPhone

> On May 31, 2020, at 4:13 PM, 'Pamela Smith' via USA Africa Dialogue Series <usaafric...@googlegroups.com> wrote:
>
> Thank you for this, Collins.
> Current archives at http://groups.google.com/group/USAAfricaDialogue
> Early archives at http://www.utexas.edu/conferences/africa/ads/index.html
> ---
> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "USA Africa Dialogue Series" group.
> To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/usaafricadialogue/CH2PR07MB66774C65BA14A3D4FA57453CAE8D0%40CH2PR07MB6677.namprd07.prod.outlook.com.

O O

May 31, 2020, 7:45:44 PM5/31/20
to usaafric...@googlegroups.com
Would a black police officer not do to GF what the white police officer did to GF? And why or why not?

Sent from my iPhone
Work
> On May 31, 2020, at 3:13 PM, 'Pamela Smith' via USA Africa Dialogue Series <usaafric...@googlegroups.com> wrote:
>
> Thank you for this, Collins.
> ---
> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "USA Africa Dialogue Series" group.
> To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/usaafricadialogue/CH2PR07MB66774C65BA14A3D4FA57453CAE8D0%40CH2PR07MB6677.namprd07.prod.outlook.com.

Gloria Emeagwali

May 31, 2020, 10:00:09 PM5/31/20
to usaafric...@googlegroups.com
You must be an agent provocateur.

Are you not the same person who stereotyped Black People not too long ago?

Sorry I tend to mix up my O’s and A’s.

GE

> On May 31, 2020, at 7:45 PM, 'O O' via USA Africa Dialogue Series <usaafric...@googlegroups.com> wrote:
>
> Would a black police officer not do to GF what the white police officer did to GF? And why or why not?
> To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/usaafricadialogue/C4602BEE-7F1B-4921-9DD4-1BF7098CCD20%40yahoo.com.

Cornelius Hamelberg

Jun 1, 2020, 2:34:23 PM6/1/20
to usaafric...@googlegroups.com

Sisters and Brothers

I just wanna grab your attention

Who be me?

“The voice of one crying in the wilderness: Prepare ye the way of the Lord, Make his paths straight.”

No protocols here not for convenience not even conventional big grammar punctuation because I’m angry so unspeakably angry I could shoot him in the knee

I’m beginning like this because once upon a time I remember one Orlando Marville at that time working for UNESCO and marvelling at one of his students at Milton Margai Teachers College by the name of Theodore Dougan having the temerity not pleading guilty and yes actually  having the balls the perspicacity the presence of both mind and good conscience to begin some maiden speech or other with the opening preamble “Gentlemen and Ladies” which at the time my marvellous Senior Brother Marville thought was cool pretty cute maybe even quite revolutionary when his aforementioned student Dougan daring to insist in not reversing  the natural order of sanity/ reality/ i-manity/ humanity not even for politeness sake ( such as hush now childthere are ladies present “) but no holds barred let truth be boldly told and crowed out loud (and clear) considering that according to the natural order of reality Grandpa Adam, of course, came before Grandma Chava Ḥawwa Eva Eve came long before God put Grandpa Adam to sleep and pulled out one of his ribs which later on was fashioned and shaped to become the creation known as Grandma  Chava was created which is at it was in the beginning and should forever be namely respect for Adam the elder therefore the adage age before beauty came into being and nowadays every time I say  or think of “age before beauty” I think of the recent usage and misapplication ( in this forum)  of the word “geriatric”  by one 47-year-old old youth and e.g. Tom Lehrer of National Brotherhood Week fame ( badly needed in the USA today) saying “ It is sobering to consider that when Mozart was my age he had already been dead for a year” and I seem to remember that when Steve Biko was assassinated he was only thirty years old 30  Frantz Fanon died at the age of thirty-six 36 Patrice Lumumba was assassinated when he was thirty-six years old 36  Walter Rodney was assassinated at the age of thirty-seven 37 Dr King was assimilated  at the age of thirty-nine 39 Malcolm X was assassinated at the age of thirty-nine 39 all of them cut down in their prime.

Sometimes it has to be expressed in what is poetry

or what looks like poetry but is certainly not poetry

through poetry so as to bypass

censorship the sensitive diplomatic language filter

but assuming that this dumbass

question is coming from some really bitter

old Negro black as my donkey’s ass

it’s a natural reaction when you think that Steve Bantu Biko didn’t

just die it’s not as if he was killed by nobody or somebody who didn’t

Know what he was doing since the killer was someone who didn’t

like Biko and his Black consciousness and because that someone didn’t

such a dumb-ass question coming from one of us pisses me off

Respect demanded so please remember Brother Steve Biko died

He was killed it was part of the method in the madness he died

we’re pissed off because you are looking for some highfalutin

philosophical rhyme and reason asking such a dumb ass question

I’m not a disciple of Lombroso so is this supposed to be academic

Some smart as dick thing for you guys to discuss and split hairs

“Would black police officer not do to GF what the white police officer did to GF? And why or why not?”

Did Cain kill Abel?

 Soundkilla

For Oluwatoyin : The Knee of Listening

Salimonu Kadiri

Jun 1, 2020, 5:34:46 PM6/1/20
to usaafric...@googlegroups.com
​Take note, my dear Rabbi Hamelberg, that every participant in  discussions on this forum always identify self with name before initials. Double zero, 'O O', is an exceptional suspect. If he is not what Frantz Fanon called, Black Skin, White Mask, he must certainly belong to Neo-Third Reich Brown Uniform. His hypothetical question, I think, is meant to provoke otherwise, he could just have informed readers about his personal experience of a Black police officer he knew that murdered an unarmed Black civilian in order to prove his point that the White policeman that choked George Floyd to death did the usual thing the US police used to do irrespective of the colour of the skin of the perpetrator or the victim. It does not make sense for double 'O O,' a probable Black Skin, White Mask and perhaps an inheritor of Third Reich Brown Uniform, to insinuate about if a black police officer could have done to George Floyd what the white police officer did to him or not.
S. Kadiri

Jun 1, 2020, 8:06:38 PM6/1/20
to usaafric...@googlegroups.com
Mr O ‘s  question was truly disrespectful of the dead. To  ask this rhetorical question at this sensitive  moment is a sign of callousness. We know that this was  an attempt to trivialize this important moment in American history, Black history and the struggle for civil rights.

 I would like Mr. O O to identify himself. We have a right to know who we are talking to.

Hiding behind a mask of anonymity is an act of cowardice that should not be tolerated. Transparency is an important prerequisite for accountability  in a group like this.

GE

Sent from my iPhone

Julius Eto

Jun 3, 2020, 2:41:00 PM6/3/20
to usaafric...@googlegroups.com
Dear SK,

Thank you sir. I think Trump is missing Adolf Hitler whose actions may have sat well with the current American president. He could even be a closet Hitler admirer. Remember that the Trumps migrated from Germany and his father was a shady character and known supremacist.

I saw a WhatsApp picture of Don's dad in KKK regalia and the white terrorist in New Zealand who targeted Muslims not too long ago in a shooting spree actually hailed Trump as "a symbol of common purpose" by which he clearly meant white supremacy and its Nazi-style fascist world domination project.

Trump may even support legislation such as that of the state of Missouri in 1922 that issued Nigger hunting licence. It gave the holder the legal right to hunt and kill African-Americans.

On Monday, June 1, 2020, 10:34:48 PM GMT+1, Salimonu Kadiri <ogunl...@hotmail.com> wrote:

[...]

To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/usaafricadialogue/BN7PR06MB4068EEE83714062C721C7495AE8A0%40BN7PR06MB4068.namprd06.prod.outlook.com.

Julius Eto

Jun 3, 2020, 4:31:47 PM6/3/20
to usaafric...@googlegroups.com
Correction,

His grandfather, not father, was a shady character and known supremacist.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/usaafricadialogue/749258133.1542395.1591209596823%40mail.yahoo.com.

Cornelius Hamelberg

Jun 3, 2020, 9:11:04 PM6/3/20
to usaafric...@googlegroups.com

It should be painful for the accused who is wrongly or wrongfully accused of being a racist, an ethnic supremacist, or a Nazi. So, we have to be extra careful and avoid making false accusations or accusations without any strong foundations.

Thou shalt not bear false witness against thy neighbour

Thou shalt not bear false witness, period.

 Here’s one reason why we should not look forward to Trump’s re-election:

Trump is not the kind of person that’s going to wage war against police brutality. As we can all see, he would rather tear-gas his peaceful fellow American citizens peacefully demonstrating outside the White House just as he did yesterday, without remorse, and also, just as he said yesterday, he wants to wage war on his fellow American citizens. He would like to call out the full force of the battle-ready, awesome US military against other unarmed protesters, fellow Americans who he views as the enemy. So, there are now two enemies: the visible enemy  (fellow Americans, including the more militant protesters, looters ) and then there’s the invisible enemy that is causing the kind of economic ruination of what he was boasting about as his achievement.

The last such encounter that I remember, was at Kent State University where four students were shot dead. There’s was this protest song about it : Four Dead in Ohio

 When the student cadres of the moral, upright America start protesting about the spate of brutal, unlawful Police killings of unarmed Black People, then America will have a chance of redeeming its name that is being sullied during Trump's watch.

As Chairman Mao once said, “Politics is war without bloodshed while war is politics with bloodshed.”

Hopefully, the moral majority students will protest peacefully – as they did at Kent State University, this time, without being gunned down mercilessly, e.g. by Trump’s war machinery. Some of them think that they   can get away with anything because they read in Isaiah. “Though your sins be scarlet, they shall be as white as snow”. I would like to hear what Hon. Minister Louis Farrakhan has to say about that perception.  Well Louis Farrakhan is one of the Black Leaders in the US, and here’s what he has to say about the cold-blooded murder of Brother George Floyd

 Trump thinks that nobody knows the military use of force better than him. America’s chief soldier has just contradicted and corrected him about his latest plans of sending in the troops

Trump is not the kind of person that’s going to wage war against police brutality, unless of course, such brutality were to be perpetrated on a near and dear member of his own family, in which case we can take it as fore granted he would be speaking differently.

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty, and the pursuit of Happiness. — That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed”

We can ruminate over this question that is neither poetic nor philosophic not even the weepy Biblical “Why do bad things happen to good people” it’s a straightforward hypothetical question:

Members of the Jury, if it had been Jared Kushner’s life that had been crushed under Derek Chauvin’s knee, what do you imagine would have been Donald Trump’s reaction? What would he have said in his address to the nation? Maybe - he would have declared three days of national mourning?

That being the case – and we all agree that it’s “an eye for an eye, a tooth for a tooth, a hand for a hand, a foot for a foot, a burn for a burn, a wound for a wound, a bruise for a bruise.”(Shemot / Exodus 21: 24 - 25)

 There’s Cuomo Prime Time  ( I pray that he will be increasing the heart on Trump’s rump)

Spike Lee on George Floyd

Twitter says fake "Antifa" account was run by white supremacists

Please check out these tweets

Cornelius Hamelberg

Jun 4, 2020, 2:04:11 PM6/4/20
to usaafric...@googlegroups.com

Correction: not heart but heat; should read:

There’s Cuomo Prime Time (I pray that he will be increasing the heat on Trump’s rump)

CNN’s noble knight  Anderson Cooper 360°  is a pro-America and therefore an anti-Trump warrior, so are  Chris Cuomo and Don Lemon ,  all three of them doing a marvellous job and by the grace of GOD our prayers will soon be answered, this November.

The United States of America deserves someone other than a clown like Trump as their leader. Surely, the United States can do better? Four more years of Trump and Americans believe that the United States will be abetter place? “Great Again” Will the United States ever be greater than its current president?

Globalism? Global consciousness?

The whole world is fed up – sick and tired of Trump.  I don’t know anyone who likes him – not even a single person here in Sweden or anywhere else in the world, that likes Trump. What a loser. Idiot, buffoon!

About the sort of person Trump is, this says it all:

Protesters Dispersed With Tear Gas So Trump Could Pose at Church (New York Times)

My own prayer request is simple:

Dear Hashem,

 All praise belongs to You!

O Lord, hearken to my prayer, and may my cry come to You.

You don’t like ugly. Please hear our simple and sincere prayer and let our cry come unto YOU

Please, Trump must go! I pray that the chorus will swell: TRUMP MUST GO!

Trump does not believe in Climate Change.

As you know, Trump is not a good leader. Trump is not good for America. Don’t You think that America deserves much better? Trump is not good for Europe, he’s not good for the UK, he’s not good for Africa, he is so arrogant - he says that your beloved Africans live in “shithole countries” – he’s a bigot and a racist - if he thinks that the white man - a white like him is God, then what has he learned from the Torah?  He is not humble, he doesn’t even like Your Beloved Black American peoples either. Or Mexicans. He’s not good for the Caribbean, he’s not good for central America, he’s not good for South America, he’s not good for Asia, not for China, not even for Japan, he’s not good for Russia, Indonesia, Papua New Guinea, North Korea. He’s not good for Australia, New Zealand, not good for the Middle East, not good for Turkey,  Iran,  Iraq,  Syria, Afghanistan, not good for the Far East, not good for the children of Abraham, not good the Arabs, not good for the Berbers, not good for the Christians  and not good for the Jews,  You know better than anybody that he’s not good for your Beloved people in Israel: Or do You think that he is good for Israel? What about the Palestinians?

Gave Me A Song God

Pharaoh Sanders - You've Got To Have Freedom

Cornelius Hamelberg

Jun 4, 2020, 2:04:18 PM6/4/20
to usaafric...@googlegroups.com

Correction: not heart but heat; should read:

There’s Cuomo Prime Time (I pray that he will be increasing the heat on Trump’s rump)

CNN’s noble knight  Anderson Cooper 360°  is a pro-America and therefore an anti-Trump warrior, so are Chris Cuomo and Don Lemon ,  all three of them doing a marvellous job and by the grace of GOD our prayers will soon be answered, this November.

The United States of America deserves someone other than a clown like Trump as their leader. Surely, the United States can do better? Four more years of Trump and Americans believe that the United States will be a better place? “Great Again”?  Will the United States ever be greater than its current president? If Trump knows that he is going to hell must he take the United States along with him? Of course not.  We pray, “God bless America!” We don’t pray, “God bless Donald Trump”?

Globalism? Global consciousness?

The whole world is fed up – sick and tired of Trump.  I don’t know anyone who likes him – not even a single person here in Sweden or anywhere else in the world, that likes Trump. What a loser, Idiot, buffoon!

About the sort of person Trump is, this says it all:

Protesters Dispersed With Tear Gas So Trump Could Pose at Church (New York Times)

My own prayer request is simple:

Dear Hashem,

 All praise belongs to You!

O Lord, hearken to my prayer, and may my cry come to You.

You don’t like ugly. Please hear our simple, sincere prayer and let our cry come unto YOU

Please, Trump must go! I pray that the chorus will swell: TRUMP MUST GO!

Trump does not believe in Climate Change.

 If there was unlimited freedom of speech in this forum, I would tell you more. But You know everything already. I am only a humble supplicant, humbly beseeching You

You know, Trump is not a good leader. Trump is not good for America. Don’t You think that America deserves much better? Trump is not good for Europe, he’s not good for the UK, he’s not good for Africa, he is so arrogant - he says that your beloved Africans live in “shithole countries” – he’s a bigot and a racist. If he thinks that the white man - a white like him is God, then what has he learned from studying the Torah? He is not humble, he doesn’t even like Your Beloved Black American people either. Or Mexicans. He’s not good for the Caribbean or Canada, he’s not good for central America, he’s not good for South America, he’s not good for Asia, not for China, not even for Japan, he’s not good for Russia, Indonesia, Papua New Guinea, North Korea. He’s not good for Australia , New Zealand, not good for the Middle East where they know that he’s a good-for-nothing, not good for Turkey,  Iran, Iraq,  Syria, Afghanistan,  not good for the Far East, not good for the children of Abraham, not good the Arabs, not good for the Berbers, not good for the Christians  and not good for the Jews.  You know better than anybody that he’s not good for your Beloved people in Israel. Or do You think that he is good for Israel? What about the Palestinians?