Full Frontal to try a new episode this week

David Bruggeman

Mar 24, 2020, 1:13:52 AM3/24/20
to TVorNotTV
Per this video from Samantha Bee, the Full Frontal team will attempt to have a new episode ready for Wednesday night.

Clearly the Bee/Jones clan are holed up in the woods somewhere.  Based on the decor in Jimmy F.'s place, I wonder if they're literally in the same neck of the woods (presumably in upstate NY?)  Trevor Noah joins Jimmy on tonight's edition of Tonight online.

If you're missing new Colbert, they were originally scheduled to be off this week.  Stephen did appear on this week's episode of "Wait Wait, Don't Tell Me..." available on the NPR website.

David

Bob Jersey

Mar 24, 2020, 11:12:42 AM3/24/20
to TVorNotTV

David Bruggeman, in part, today (3/24):
If you're missing new Colbert, they were originally scheduled to be off this week.  Stephen did appear on this week's episode of "Wait Wait, Don't Tell Me..." available on the NPR website.

Glad to see "Wait Wait" able to continue remotely...  B

Dave Sikula

Mar 25, 2020, 5:57:26 AM3/25/20
to TVorNotTV
I enjoyed that in-studio "Wait Wait" far more than the usual version. Reminded me of the glory days (and, yes, I won Carl Kassel's voice back in the 90s).

Also read tonight that both Maher and John Oliver will be new this week. I welcome the latter and wish the former would just melt away like the slimy toad he is.

--Dave Sikula

Jon Delfin

Mar 25, 2020, 7:52:27 AM3/25/20
to tvornottv
On Wed, Mar 25, 2020 at 5:57 AM 'Dave Sikula' via TVorNotTV <tvor...@googlegroups.com> wrote:
I enjoyed that in-studio "Wait Wait" far more than the usual version. Reminded me of the glory days (and, yes, I won Carl Kassel's voice back in the 90s).

Also read tonight that both Maher and John Oliver will be new this week. I welcome the latter and wish the former would just melt away like the slimy toad he is.

Programming the DVR last night, I noticed HBO had non-new Maher and Oliver shows listed in their usual slots. As of a minute ago, Friday at 10 is now a "Westworld" rerun, and Sunday at 11 says "to be announced."

Mark Jeffries

Mar 25, 2020, 4:56:11 PM3/25/20
to tvor...@googlegroups.com
Maher will be back Apr. 3.  Oliver's back Sunday night.

David Bruggeman

Mar 25, 2020, 6:41:49 PM3/25/20
to tvor...@googlegroups.com
While Colbert's staff is on a pre-scheduled hiatus, the boss has resumed taping stuff at home and posting it on YouTube.

I noted that my cable company has put some of The Daily Show's online content up on my on-demand service.  Of course, your provider's options may vary.

David

Dave Sikula

Mar 26, 2020, 12:19:25 AM3/26/20
to TVorNotTV
Colbert tweeted that he’ll be back with new shows Monday. One assumes they either won’t be in the Ed or have an audience.

—Dave Sikula

Jon Delfin

Mar 26, 2020, 7:29:40 AM3/26/20
to tvornottv

On Thu, Mar 26, 2020 at 12:19 AM 'Dave Sikula' via TVorNotTV <tvor...@googlegroups.com> wrote:
Colbert tweeted that he’ll be back with new shows Monday. One assumes they either won’t be in the Ed or have an audience.

—Dave Sikula

Dave Sikula

Mar 26, 2020, 7:44:33 AM3/26/20
to TVorNotTV
I feel compelled to say that I've found both Noah's and Colbert's remote monologues to be ungodly awful, the former moreso than the latter. Noah's act has been palling for me for quite a while, and not having a crowd there to pump up his weak material and unfortunate accents has done him no favors.

Kimmel at least has the advantage of talking to someone. Fallon's remotes did nothing so much as remind us that A) he still has evidenced no talent, and B) his kids--like everyone's--are nowhere near as charming as he thinks they are.

Myers has been the clear winner this week, given that his Closer Looks don't live and die by audience response. (The same cannot be said for the unfortunate "Jokes Seth Can't Tell" segments, which are SNL-level bad.)

--Dave Sikula