ToscaWidgets1 on TurboGears 2.4

Jean-Denis Girard

Oct 24, 2019, 2:28:43 PM10/24/19
to TurboGears
Hi list,

I have an old TurboGears application using tw1, that I'm going to deploy
on a new server. I would like to use up to date TG (2.4.1), but upgrade
notes say : ToscaWidgets1 is no longer supported in TG2.4. If you need
to use ToscaWidgets1 you will have to write your own
tg.configurator.base.ConfigurationComponent to support it and register
it in your application.

I'm not sure what that involves: is there more documentation about that,
or a recipe somewhere?

Jean-Denis Girard

SysNux Systèmes Linux en Polynésie française
https://www.sysnux.pf/ Tél: +689 40.50.10.40 / GSM: +689 87.797.527

signature.asc

Alessandro Molina

Oct 30, 2019, 8:11:11 AM10/30/19
to TurboGears
Support for ToscaWidgets1 is no longer builtin into 2.4
It was deprecated for years and 2.4 mostly removed all deprecated feature.

That doesn't meant you can't use TW1 in 2.4, it just means you will have to write your own configuration component to do so.

You can probably mostly take example from the ToscaWidgets2 configuration component ( https://github.com/TurboGears/tg2/blob/development/tg/configurator/components/toscawidgets2.py ) mix it with the old code that did add TW1 in previous TG versions ( https://github.com/TurboGears/tg2/blob/tg2.3.12/tg/configuration/app_config.py#L1062-L1088 ) and make your own TW1 component.

Once you have your component ready, it's just a matter or registering it in the `app_cfg` with `base_config.register(YourComponent)`.

Jean-Denis Girard