TortoiseSVN (Version 1.14.5): Painfully Slow Repo Browsing

Yusra Riaz

Nov 16, 2022, 12:06:27 PM11/16/22
to TortoiseSVN
Hi everyone,

I am wondering if someone can help me out about the slow repo browsing using TortoiseSVN. Please note that I am very new to SVN and have no knowledge of DevOps. If someone please guide with clear instructions, it'll be much appreciated.

I have latest versions installed of both TortoiseSVN(1.14.5) and SVN Server(5.1.1).

Whenever I right click in the window > TortoiseSVN > Repo-browser
The message "Please wait while the repository browser is initializing" displays with the loading cursor for good 10-15mins and even more until I have to end the TortoiseSVN using "Task Manager".
Everything was working fine a week before. No change has been made in SVN but now my whole team is facing the same issue and it is really painful for specially developers as they are unable to Check-out, Commit and check logs because of this.

Any help will be much appreciated.

Regards,
Yusra Riaz

Pavel Lyalyakin

Nov 16, 2022, 12:26:04 PM11/16/22
to TortoiseSVN
Ask your infrastructure team or a system administrator if there were
any recent changes on your network. This thread suggests that an
active firewall can be a problem:
https://groups.google.com/g/tortoisesvn/c/RzDReF5lCEU/m/kjZpK9dHAgAJ.

So I think that you need to investigate if you use any of the
following and if they can block connections to the server:
* Proxy server,
* VPN,
* Active proxy, reverse proxy, load balancer,
* Antivirus application (on-access scanning, network traffic interception).

If it was working a week ago, but does not work now, then something
has changed on your side. I think that you need to ask your admin for
assistance.

Hope this helps!

--
With best regards,
Pavel Lyalyakin

Yusra Riaz

Nov 25, 2022, 12:19:11 AM11/25/22
to TortoiseSVN on behalf of Pavel Lyalyakin
Infra team restarted the services and everything is working fine now.

Thank you for your prompt response and suppport.

Regards,
Yusra