[Plugin] Embed YouTube Videos

Tony K

Apr 26, 2020, 11:50:07 AM4/26/20
to TiddlyWiki
Ok another plug in I made today that allow to embed a YouTube Video in TiddlyWikky by simply copy/paste the YouTube URL

# Features:
* Create tiddler that embed a YouTube Video by copy / paste of a URL
* Retrieves Video Title and use it at Tiddler Title
* Requires a Google / YouTube API key (get your API key for free)

hope it helps someone

TonyM

Apr 27, 2020, 8:26:56 AM4/27/20
to TiddlyWiki
Tony

Thanks for your contribution. The community thrive on contributions and a diversity of solutions.

Remember that tiddlywiki is a nice unique string for searching and covid19 and Anne has brought a lot of new users there is a lot already out there.

Thanks again
Tony

Mat

Apr 27, 2020, 12:23:09 PM4/27/20
to TiddlyWiki
You may be interested in RichLinks which also features embedding of youtube vids, among other things.

<:-)

Tony K

Apr 27, 2020, 12:40:12 PM4/27/20
to TiddlyWiki
where were you :D lol

My Plugin is so amateurish lol

Tony K

Apr 27, 2020, 12:40:42 PM4/27/20
to TiddlyWiki
Hello Tony

Thank you for chiming in and your kind feedback

Cheers
Tony

Tony K

Apr 28, 2020, 1:07:50 AM4/28/20
to TiddlyWiki

Again Mat thanks for sharing,
although RichLinks is impressively good and gives me a lot of ideas, at the moment my plug-in is "smarter"

  1. Works by Copy/Paste, no need to create a tiddler myself
  2. recognize all youtube domains youtube.com youtu.be
  3. supports links with time stamps
  1. Retrieves Video Title and use it at Tiddler Title
    * Requires a Google / YouTube API key (get your API key for free)
    thank you

    TonyM

    Apr 28, 2020, 3:44:46 AM4/28/20
    to TiddlyWiki
     As I said Diversity is Good;

    although RichLinks is impressively good and gives me a lot of ideas, at the moment my plug-in is "smarter"

    Tony

    Mat

    Apr 28, 2020, 12:56:13 PM4/28/20
    to TiddlyWiki
    Tony K wrote:
    although RichLinks is impressively good and gives me a lot of ideas, at the moment my plug-in is "smarter"

    Sounds great! I want to try it out but I'm not sure how to do that from https://github.com/akhater/TiddlyWiki-EmbedYouTube
    I.e how do I install it?
    Thanks!

    <:-)

    Tony K

    Apr 28, 2020, 1:00:25 PM4/28/20
    to TiddlyWiki

    Mat

    Apr 28, 2020, 2:56:54 PM4/28/20
    to TiddlyWiki
    Tony K wrote:
    TiddlyWiki

    I totally suck at Github: How do I download there? I guess I could manually copy the text and paste it into a file that I manually name with a json suffix but surely that's not what I'm supposed to do, right... :-/

    Thank you!

    <:-)

    Tony K

    Apr 28, 2020, 4:07:34 PM4/28/20
    to TiddlyWiki

    no issues Mat

    here it is
    $__ak_plugins_EmbedYouTube.json

    Martin Piron

    May 3, 2020, 1:53:37 PM5/3/20
    to tiddl...@googlegroups.com
    Hello and thanks a lot for your plugin.

    I can't make it work : I installed it by importing the json, I see the "Add YouTube Video" tab on the panel, but trying to import a YouTube URL gives an internal JavaScript error : Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'items' of null.
    What is it supposed to do ? Create a new tiddler ?

    (I cannot make your Easy Bookmark plugin work either, it does not give an error but just does nothing...)

    Martin

    Tony K

    May 3, 2020, 2:37:34 PM5/3/20
    to TiddlyWiki
    Hello Martin

    Did you input your Google Api key?

    Martin Piron

    May 3, 2020, 5:06:22 PM5/3/20
    to tiddl...@googlegroups.com
    Well there was one by default, so no. I will try it.

    Tony K

    May 3, 2020, 5:14:45 PM5/3/20
    to TiddlyWiki
    if it doesn't work please report and I will look into it

    N.B. you should refresh to see the newly created tiddler I didn't solve part yet :(

    On Monday, May 4, 2020 at 12:06:22 AM UTC+3, Martin Piron wrote:
    Well there was one by default, so no. I will try it.

    > Le 3 mai 2020 à 20:37, Tony K <akh...@gmail.com> a écrit :
    >
    > Hello Martin
    >
    > Did you input your Google Api key?

    Martin Piron

    May 3, 2020, 5:16:25 PM5/3/20
    to TiddlyWiki
    Ok, now I’ve got no error but just like the bookmark plugin, it just does nothing...

    Tony K

    May 3, 2020, 5:18:41 PM5/3/20
    to TiddlyWiki
    can you please try to refresh and see if it changes ?

    Martin Piron

    May 3, 2020, 5:49:49 PM5/3/20
    to TiddlyWiki
    Well, sorry but no Tiddler is created, even if I save then refresh :-/

    It’s late here and I have to sleep, but tomorrow I can try things if you can indicate some...
    (Even on a fresh empty.html from TiddlyWiki.com I could not make it work)

    Tony K

    May 3, 2020, 5:52:16 PM5/3/20
    to TiddlyWiki
    can  you please run inspect / console and see the output if you have any error ?

    can you share the link you are trying to bookmark ?

    Martin Piron

    May 4, 2020, 5:10:46 AM5/4/20
    to TiddlyWiki
    Well I'm sorry, it did work in fact !
    I had to go in "More" then "Orphans" to see the created tiddler though, it did not show in "Recent" where I was expecting it to.
    And as there are a lot of Orphans already, I did not see it among the others. It was when I re-tried on Empty.html that I saw my error...

    Sorry then !
    I think it could help to either tag with "video" the newly created video tiddler or if you can find a way to make it appear in Recent...

    Thanks for your support !

    Tony K

    May 4, 2020, 5:33:08 AM5/4/20
    to TiddlyWiki
    My Pleasure Martin

    Thank you for trying it.

    I will update it soon sorry for the mess