Re: [tw] TiddlyWiki on Dropbox

Jeremy Ruston

May 24, 2013, 8:46:25 AM5/24/13
to tiddl...@googlegroups.com
You need to access the TiddlyWiki file from your locally synced Dropbox folder, via a file:// URI, in order for the saving to work.

As an alternative you can use TiddlyWiki in the Sky for Dropbox, at:

Once you authorise the app with Dropbox it lets you choose a TW file from your Dropbox, and then opens it for editing.

​TiddlyWiki in the Sky is still quite new, and may not work with some plugins.

Best wishes

Jeremy

--
Jeremy Ruston
jer...@jermolene.com

On Fri, May 24, 2013 at 1:15 PM, Fuler <drf...@gmail.com> wrote:

Ok, I really need to put my TiddlyWiki on Dropbox, but it just won't work out! I can open it and edit it... but any changes made while it's on Dropbox won't be saved - as soon as I open TiddlyWiki again, it's all gone! I've tried to take my TiddlyWiki off Dropbox for testing, and then it worked properly, so it isn't my TiddlyWiki that's bugged somehow...

Does anyone knows how to fix this? I really be needing it!

Thanks a lot.

Peter Miller

May 26, 2013, 3:57:58 PM5/26/13
to tiddl...@googlegroups.com
Has anyone implemented TW on app.net yet? The free tier accounts now come with 500 MB filestore which seems not unuseful. Those using iOS can use the Passport app to register https://directory.app.net/ and a search on Twitter often yields results for other OS.

SallyG

Nov 4, 2013, 9:10:27 AM11/4/13
to tiddl...@googlegroups.com
To edit/save your dropbox wiki you need to access it using the "in the sky" URL (http://dropbox.tiddlywiki.com) everywhere, even on your desktop.  It doesn't appear to work to edit the file directly out of your desktop dropbox folder, which mixed me up a moment.

I'm not using any extensions, but "in the sky" is working great between my ipad and desktop computers.  I hope the future html5 TW version will also support "in the sky".   I give it five diamonds!

Andy Pastuszak

Mar 9, 2016, 9:28:37 AM3/9/16
to TiddlyWiki
I just tried to use this with a recent TiddlyWiki file and I am getting a message when I click on my TiddlyWiki files that says "Error: Not a TiddlyWiki!"

Arlen Beiler

Mar 16, 2016, 7:35:58 AM3/16/16
to TiddlyWiki
If this is TW5, you can also try https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/y4td4vq6wfw10dn/index.htm, which is a mod of dropbox.tiddlywiki.com that works with TW5.

Mal

Mar 18, 2016, 12:45:35 AM3/18/16
to tiddl...@googlegroups.com
I note that Dropbox are making some changes to their API (https://blogs.dropbox.com/developers/2015/04/deprecating-the-sync-and-datastore-apis/).

I'm not sure what this means for Tiddlywiki In The Sky...

Mal

Arlen Beiler

Apr 13, 2016, 12:16:38 PM4/13/16
to TiddlyWiki
Hi Mal,
I don't think it will affect it.
By the way, you can now access the path from tiny.cc/tw5inthesky.
Enjoy!
-Arlen

On Fri, Mar 18, 2016 at 12:45 AM, Mal <mal.g...@gmail.com> wrote:
I note that Dropbox are making some changes to their API https://blogs.dropbox.com/developers/2015/04/deprecating-the-sync-and-datastore-apis/).

I'm not site what this means for Tiddlywiki In The Sky...

Mal

Message has been deleted