Google code-in contest for 13-17 year-old

Handoko Suwono

Dec 13, 2015, 4:46:30 AM12/13/15
to TiddlyWiki
Kindly be informed that I am hosting the Google code-in (GCI) contest and mentoring for TiddlyWiki and TiddlySpace.

Google code-in is designed for pre-university students, high school and secondary school students aged 13-17 yo to participate in open source programming and applications starting on December 7th, till January 25th, 2016. Here are some completed task samples,

TiddlyWiki task sample
https://storage.googleapis.com/codein-prod.appspot.com/gci-2015/core_taskupdate/doc/1449978919_my-fav-fruit-edited.html?

an example task using TiddlySpace.
http://pretzels.tiddlyspace.com/

I have five beginner tasks with five instances each for both TW and TS including the use of TW as an event scheduler.

Not sure if the tasks that I have created are good enough for introducing TW (or TS) because the description needs to be neat to 1500 words and targetted for begginners. If you would like to become assisting mentors, do ask me or contact the fossasia.org organizers at which I am one of the mentors. I need more idea if you can advice to be put in GCI contest since it will still last for the next six weeks.

handoko -

Jeremy Ruston

Dec 13, 2015, 2:51:13 PM12/13/15
to tiddl...@googlegroups.com
Hi Handoko

Kindly be informed that I am hosting the Google code-in (GCI) contest and mentoring for TiddlyWiki and TiddlySpace.

That’s great to hear, thanks for participating.

Here’s some background on the contest:

This URL is returning access denied for me.

Best wishes

Jeremy

handoko -

Handoko Suwono

Dec 13, 2015, 5:21:57 PM12/13/15
to tiddl...@googlegroups.com
Thanks Jeremy. So sorry for not including the background information.

These are the tasks with TW and TS, it's open for the students who
registered but not sure if it's public. I think you may need to
sign-in to see.

https://codein.withgoogle.com/dashboard/tasks/mine/?sp-order=-modified&sp-mentors=5321914109132800&sp-organization=4625502878826496&sp-page=1

Those are simple tasks, I'll try to make it available for others to evaluate.

Greetings.

handoko -

On 12/14/15, Jeremy Ruston <jeremy...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Handoko
>
>> Kindly be informed that I am hosting the Google code-in (GCI) contest and
>> mentoring for TiddlyWiki and TiddlySpace.
>
> That’s great to hear, thanks for participating.
>
> Here’s some background on the contest:
>
> https://developers.google.com/open-source/gci/
>
>> TiddlyWiki task sample
>> https://storage.googleapis.com/codein-prod.appspot.com/gci-2015/core_taskupdate/doc/1449978919_my-fav-fruit-edited.html?
>
> This URL is returning access denied for me.
>
> Best wishes
>
> Jeremy
>

>> handoko -
>>
>> --

> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/tiddlywiki/C47FCABA-CFFB-4221-8FC2-04A45F0E2EAD%40gmail.com.

Handoko Suwono

Dec 14, 2015, 9:59:02 AM12/14/15
to tiddl...@googlegroups.com

Handoko Suwono

Nov 27, 2016, 9:37:50 PM11/27/16
to TiddlyWiki
Hi,

I am mentoring again with the Google code-in starting tomorrow until January 16th, 2017.

Google code-in is a contest designed for pre-university students, high school and secondary school students aged 13-17 yo to participate in open-source programming and applications. I need more TW idea to be put in GCI contest especially on those related to mobile applications.

https://opensource.googleblog.com/2016/11/announcing-google-code-in-2016-orgs.html

handoko -