Order of styleshhet tiddlers in 5.1.20pre

Mohammad

Jul 8, 2019, 10:47:39 PM7/8/19
to TiddlyWiki
Reference:

https://groups.google.com/d/msg/TiddlyWiki/OA8uubShqpA/fLyIdOgQDgAJ

One expect to have the theme stylesheet tiddlers at the very begining or list of tiddlers tagged with $:/tags/Stylesheet.

This way one can override theme stylesheets and have customized css for his/her wiki!

Strangely in TW5.1.20pre, it seems theme cssa are not at top of the list and they override other plugin or user defined CSSs.

Even if you look at the
https://tiddlywiki.com/prerelease/#%24%3A%2Fcore%2Fui%2FControlPanel%2FStylesheets

You see snowwhite and vanilla base tiddlers are at position 5 and 6.

So, it seems TW 5.1.20pre has some changes that cause theme css tiddlers appear after some user/plugin css tiddlers and that

overrides user customization.

--Mohammad

PMario

Jul 9, 2019, 2:19:01 AM7/9/19
to TiddlyWiki
Hi,

That's a bug. You should open a ticket at github.

-m

Mohammad

Jul 9, 2019, 1:55:23 PM7/9/19
to TiddlyWiki
Hi Mario,
 Thank you for confirming this.
I opened a ticked at GitHub

Best
Mohammad

Mohammad

Jul 23, 2019, 9:47:28 AM7/23/19
to TiddlyWiki
A ticket is open here and Jeremy has taken some actions!

Do you have encountered this problem?

For me it is critical, as some of my customization (Stylesheets) do not work!

Cheers
Mohammad

Mat

Jul 23, 2019, 10:37:39 AM7/23/19
to TiddlyWiki
For me it is critical, as some of my customization (Stylesheets) do not work!

You mean stylesheets you share with others then, right? because for your own wiki you can easily change the order of the stylesheets by merely dragging them e.g inside the stylesheets tag.

<:-)

Mohammad

Jul 23, 2019, 11:11:14 AM7/23/19
to TiddlyWiki
No, the core stylesheets do not come at first place!
They overwrite user style sheets!

--Mohammad

Joshua Fontany

Jul 23, 2019, 11:54:12 PM7/23/19
to TiddlyWiki
There is also a way to override it with `list-after` field values, but I agree that this is a bug. I've been putting off styling my edition prototype because of some weird issues with *.20-pre and I think this is the root.

Best,
Josh F

Mohammad

Jul 24, 2019, 1:36:22 AM7/24/19
to TiddlyWiki
Hi Josh,
 Thanks for confirming this!
I hope Jeremy could fix the issue as many codes have stylesheets and one confuses when they do not work, but everything seems correct.

--Mohammad