TW5 for the historical process

Sergey Shishkin

Jul 25, 2016, 5:04:53 AM7/25/16
to tiddl...@googlegroups.com
Birthe C offered me a simple solution for how to set up tiddliwiki historical process. I like his decision, but full of happiness still need two things:

1. Date and Place must have external links (URL)
2. It should be possible to create tiddlers without subtitle

That is, we have two types of templates for tiddlers - for historical events and tiddlers without a subtitle. I entered another field in the subtitle for the event - eventtype, which should have only an internal link on tiddler without subtitle.

If you implement these two options, I would have started to create tiddliwiki and promote it as a standard in our historic community.

Perhaps there are other solutions, but I need specific help. I appeal to the expert, since I am sure that for them to solve it faster than me. I'm still just learning.

Add 20160725. After discussions and reflections in our historic community, we came to the conclusion that the first problem can be removed. There is only the question - whether to work with such dates journal? We would call him chronology.

In connection with this, the second task becomes even more crucial for us. Can we worried for nothing. There is a simple opportunity for specific tiddlerov remove the subtitle? For example, by inserting some magic string. We are recommendatory in order to insert it into each tiddler. Hands. We are like that. Or maybe there is already such a procedure? Prompt!

RichardWilliamSmith

Jul 25, 2016, 5:41:41 AM7/25/16
to TiddlyWiki
Hi Sergey,

I'm afraid it's not clear what you mean - what do you want to link to?

Are you saying that the date in the 'subtitle' should be a link to an external URL? Do you want to set that URL for each tiddler?

In that case you would have a field called "date" and one called "url" and clicking the date will take you to the URL - is that what you want?

Regards,
Richard

Sergey Shishkin

Jul 25, 2016, 8:36:07 AM7/25/16
to tiddl...@googlegroups.com
Hi Richard

I want by clicking on the date (value), I went on URL that somewhere asking and also with the place (value). There is still a hearth with the eventtype (in Example it not, but I have). According to it, everything will remain as before, but to go on without subtitle tiddler. Having tiddlers with subtitle, where the dateplace and eventtype, I also want to have a normal tiddlers, but that subtitle with the date, place and eventtype that have not. Recent tiddlers that will not create the events. My English is bad, but I think exactly precise task. In this second option - two types tiddlers more important than the first. In principle, it is possible to do without URL, but it was just perfect with them! That is, there is a priority claims. The second requirement is more important! Events - historic events - tiddlers. Tiddlers withou subtitle - other entity - not the historic events.

Sergey

Sergey Shishkin

Birthe C

Jul 25, 2016, 2:52:00 PM7/25/16
to TiddlyWiki
If you would not mind using a tag in tiddlers that you do not want to show subtitle you could create a tiddler tagged $:/tags/Stylesheet and content

.tc-tagged-nondates .tc-subtitle { visibility: hidden;}

nondates is just an example, use what you like.

Subtitles are not removed just not visible.

Birthe

RichardWilliamSmith

Jul 25, 2016, 9:36:53 PM7/25/16
to TiddlyWiki
Hi Sergey,

The way a tiddler is displayed is determined by $:/core/ui/ViewTemplate . It loads the template in pieces, each of them has the tag  $:/tags/ViewTemplate (you can see the list using the filter [tag[$:/tags/ViewTemplate]].

The subtitle template, $:/core/ui/ViewTemplate/subtitle, is just one of them.

If you don't like the information that is currently in the subtitle, you can over-write the tiddler with an empty tiddler of the same name, or you can remove its tag.

If you want additional information to be displayed instead, you can edit the subtitle tiddler with different wikitext, or you can add a new tiddler that also has the tag $:/tags/ViewTemplate, which will then also become part of the view template.

For example, if you make a tiddler called "Sergey's View Template component" and give it the tag $:/tags/ViewTemplate and the content

then every tiddler that has the necessary fields will display some "info" that links to a "url".

To make this piece of the view template appear where we want it to, we can give it the fields "list-before" or "list-after", for example, you can give this tiddler the field list-after, with a value of $:/core/ui/ViewTemplate/subtitle and it will appear below the subtitle.

If you want to combine these two approaches, you could re-write the subtitle template to look like this:

<$reveal type="nomatch" state=<<folded-state>> text="hide" tag="div" retain="yes" animate="yes">

<$list filter="[is[current]!has[info]]">
<$link to={{!!modifier}}>
<$view field="modifier"/>
</$link> <$view field="modified" format="date" template={{$:/language/Tiddler/DateFormat}}/>
</$list>

<$list filter="[is[current]has[info]]">
</$list>

</$reveal>

And it will display the link for tiddlers that have an "info" field and revert to default behaviour for those that don't.

If anything is unclear, please ask.

Regards,
Richard

Sergey Shishkin

Jul 26, 2016, 3:37:23 PM7/26/16
to tiddl...@googlegroups.com
Hi Richard

Many thanks for a solution!

Combine the two possibilities that would be wonderful. I did so:

<$reveal type="nomatch" state=<<folded-state>> text="hide" tag="div" retain="yes" animate="yes">
Historic date:<$link to={{!!historic}}>
<$view field="historic" format="date YYYYMMDD" template={{$:/language/Tiddler/DateFormat}}/>
</$link>
<$list filter="[is[current]!has[info]]">
Place:<$link to={{!!place}}>
<$view field="place"/>
</$link>
</$list>
<$list filter="[is[current]has[info]]">
Place: <a href={{!!url}} target="blank">{{!!info}}</a>
</$list>
Type of event:<$link to={{!!eventtype}}>
<$view field="eventtype"/>
</$link>
</$reveal>

eventtype: Testing
historic: 20160726
info: Wuppertal

Historic date: 20160726 Place: Wuppertal Type of event: Testing

Everything worked out! Only tiddler subtitle template now looks like.

$:/core/ui/ViewTemplate/subtitle
Historic date: Place: Type of event:

Historic date: Place: Type of event:

It's not scary? Twice repeated subtitle. And everything is fine in other tiddlers.

And I realized that I could hang an external link to one of my argument. But I have three options. Is there magic that allows to do so with each? Or not? I will not disappoint the negative answer. But suddenly? I had to ask.

Regards,
Sergey

вторник, 26 июля 2016 г., 3:36:53 UTC+2 пользователь RichardWilliamSmith написал:
Message has been deleted

Sergey Shishkin

Jul 27, 2016, 6:37:38 AM7/27/16
to TiddlyWiki
Hi Birthe

Brilliant! It is a pity that we can not in Russian. We will do a color tag! "notEvent"

Can I ask for such a thing? If you do everything right with examples and efficiently. That is called the journal I called the chronology. And tiddlers - dates have this tag. How to make a tiddler - Chronology, where the table with dates and tiddlers that have that date?

Thousands of thanks in advance!

P.S. I decided to use the solution by Richard and my template I have is as follows:

<$reveal type="nomatch" state=<<folded-state>> text="hide" tag="div" retain="yes" animate="yes">
Historic date:<$link to={{!!historic}}>
<$view field="historic" format="date YYYYMMDD" template={{$:/language/Tiddler/DateFormat}}/>
</$link>
<$list filter="[is[current]!has[info]]">
Place:<$link to={{!!place}}>
<$view field="place"/>
</$link>
</$list>
<$list filter="[is[current]has[info]]">
Place: <a href={{!!url}} target="blank">{{!!info}}</a>
</$list>
Type of event:<$link to={{!!eventtype}}>
<$view field="eventtype"/>
</$link>
</$reveal>

Sergey Shishkin

Aug 5, 2016, 8:53:56 AM8/5/16
to TiddlyWiki
Hi Birthe

I saw what you did template for Chronology. Sumptuously!

But what to do now two things:

1. To the values in the tables have become links
2. You can make a link to the bottom tiddler's "Retrospective", where the same table is sorted in reverse order by time.

Yours faithfully
Sergei

PS I am delighted!

Sergey Shishkin

Aug 6, 2016, 6:24:44 AM8/6/16
to TiddlyWiki
Birthe

Thank you very much for your time. This is to get used to the syntax, which is new for me. The last question I have for a long time and will not pull you over nothing. How rearrange in reverse order. Example.

Sergey

понедельник, 25 июля 2016 г., 20:52:00 UTC+2 пользователь Birthe C написал:
If you would not mind using a tag in tiddlers that you do not want to show subtitle you could create a tiddler tagged $:/tags/Stylesheet and content

Sergey Shishkin

Aug 7, 2016, 10:52:44 AM8/7/16
to TiddlyWiki
Birthe

Thank you very much again. Your help has been invaluable. Now I will try myself. And what will happen with this experimental file, http: //historydates.tiddlyspot.com?

We will then develop further or it is no longer needed?

I now have so

Sergey