The-book. Weekly report

Luis Gonzalez

Nov 8, 2019, 5:12:31 AM11/8/19
to TiddlyWiki
The-book is growing!! Look its Repository.
The most important chapter is near: filters. Understanding filters is essential to get the most out of Tiddlywiki. The next weeks I will start writing it.

This week:
  • Chapter 4
    • Adding new buttons at the toolbars.
    • Adding global shortcuts.
    • Adding a left menu.
  • Mindmap of the CSS main core tiddlywiki classes on page 36
  • Table with the roles a tiddler can have on page 38
  • Wikitext mindmap on page 42
  • Chapter 8. Starting.
    • Describing variables

The_Book.pdf

David Gifford

Nov 9, 2019, 7:31:50 AM11/9/19
to TiddlyWiki
Great! Congratulations on the progress!

@TiddlyTweeter

Nov 9, 2019, 8:44:26 AM11/9/19
to TiddlyWiki
Ciao on the Google Group I added the tags "announcement", "resource", "update" ... like this ...

Annotation 2019-11-09 144248.jpg

Its worth taking the time to do so when you post. It makes the posts more easily findable.

Best wishes
TT

TonyM

Nov 10, 2019, 12:13:36 AM11/10/19
to TiddlyWiki
Luis,

Great stuff, I will review in more detail and provide feedback if you want.

  • The one thing I just noticed is you use the word unlinear which does not exist - use nonlinear.
  • You say "tag bubbles" but the standard is "tag pill"
Do you want us to point good document sources to you?

Regards
Tony

A Gloom

Nov 10, 2019, 9:57:37 PM11/10/19
to TiddlyWiki
Luis,

You got me reading the manual-- ahead of time and not after the fact that is so common nowadays,  The good thing is you're potentionally learning things you may have skipped ovder in the past.  I know I learned new things when I started doing documenting for the Reference Collective.

Attached is the TWGuideDoc I did for users of my customized TW's I made for them-- its an unfinished work since I retired from such things.  It's attached cause of technical difficulties took it offline.

Also here's the link for References Collective I created for group efforts to collect and consolidate a scattered reference material already created by users

TWguidedocs.html

Luis Gonzalez

Nov 11, 2019, 2:23:50 AM11/11/19
to TiddlyWiki
I'm not an English writer so I know the manual is full of mistakes. At this point correct them is a useless work because I will change the manual many times until it is complete.

But when I finish it, I need readers and revisers to change all mistakes.I am making a great effort writing in English and I just want you to help me in the final corrections.

Thanks for your support!!

A Gloom

Nov 11, 2019, 2:49:01 AM11/11/19
to TiddlyWiki
I'm not an English writer so I know the manual is full of mistakes. At this point correct them is a useless work because I will change the manual many times until it is complete.
But when I finish it, I need readers and revisers to change all mistakes.I am making a great effort writing in English and I just want you to help me in the final corrections.

 perfectly understood (why I'm puttting grammar edits in a tiddler for future use)-- I'll let you in a secret... I'm a horrible English writer myself, on the grammar police Most Wanted list << >> :)

My spouse pointed out one thing about people that English is a second language for them-- they are much more careful and precise with their English than many native English speakers.

These weekly topics can be like notes for you, people can leave edit suggestions and you can refer back to them when the time is right

Keep up the effort-- I'm pretty confident it will be worth it