References Collective & Portal

A Gloom

Oct 15, 2019, 10:17:39 PM10/15/19
to TiddlyWiki

NOTICES:

    Created on deaktop/Windows/Firefox– may not work as intended on other browsers or mobile.
    Due to system config, it is unknown how this appears with a normal TW theme.
    A demo, not fully completed– still many refinements, streamlining of code to be done.
    Uses material from Tobias Beer to illustrate the concept of importing content versus external links to collect user reference material into or for consolidating into a larger central user knowledge base.

Three components of this presentation/demo:
• Collected reference material & searches of reference material/wikis/sites

    References articles
    References search , References search articles

References Collective & References Portal

• A demonstration of a more extensive version of References articles. Simple portal for listing/searching references sites/material in one place.

Sidebar searches :

• Several reference searches made into sidebar tiddlers– click a button below and look at the right sidebar to see the search tiddler.

Search for wikitext markup, keyboard shortcuts, html/css, widget, macro, filter, system tags and code in the sidebar.

Ref/Resources

Simple References/Resources lnks list in sidebar.

Ref wiki search

Search link generator (url with search query) for any Tiddlywiki reference wiki/site.

TW Groups search

All TW Google Groups search link generator in the sidebar.

Mohammad

Oct 15, 2019, 11:50:01 PM10/15/19
to TiddlyWiki
Hello,
 This is a really amazing piece of work.

Cheers
Mohammad

@TiddlyTweeter

Oct 17, 2019, 3:02:40 PM10/17/19
to TiddlyWiki
Ciao Gloom

That looks awesome!

It deserves serious attention.

I will use it a few days and comment in some detail.

Thank you!

Josiah

@TiddlyTweeter

Oct 19, 2019, 8:46:11 AM10/19/19
to TiddlyWiki
Ciao Gloom

VERY useful tool!

The searches are well designed. The use of embedding results is impressive.

The attempt to be comprehensive search of major resources in TWs (both normal & static), resources for TW that are not themselves  TiddlyWiki (Gifford's list; mail groups archive searches).

It was particularly struck by the searches of TiddlySpot, e.g. http://twguidedoc.tiddlyspot.com/#TiddlySpot%20wikis%20search
I was able to find wikis I knew existed but had lost links to. That easier access of TiddlySpot is invaluable!

The lookup for markup, HTML etc reference in the sidebar is also very useful. Makes it a go-to source for basis resources.

I could have suggestions but I don't want to detract from the acheivement.

I hope your tool gets used and you will, in time, get much more feedback.

Best wishes
Josiah

TonyM

Oct 20, 2019, 6:50:18 PM10/20/19
to TiddlyWiki

ON THE TO DO LIST

TonyM'S pdf expanding on Tobias' version – need to get permission first

Permission granted! The tiddler version

A Gloom

Nov 1, 2019, 6:45:34 PM11/1/19
to TiddlyWiki
Haven't uploaded fixes yet but one of them is search ref wiki bookmarks by name or wiki owner's name.

@Mohammad-- TYVM, such a compliment from the creator of TWScripts means a lot-- I TWScripts use as much as TB5 now : )

@Tony-- Your doc has been added, this wiki was based off and is my personal reference wiki, collecting the best reference works I've found.  Now to get Mohammad's "Syntax Shorthand"

@TT-- TYVM

>>The searches are well designed. The use of embedding results is impressive.
>>The attempt to be comprehensive search of major resources in TWs (both normal & static),

I looked at the other ref sites that either listed links or collected tiddlers from other wikis -- TW Community Search Wiki impressed me-- and went with the approach of concentrating on what could be viewed in a wiki (static, Toolmap, Google searches for wikis, & now GG), and launching searches for those that couldn't.

User's will be able to build their own custom bookmarks for the ref wikis search which will be more than just a bookmarks list, they'll be able to have indexes of those wikia with the table of contents feature and launch searches of their bookmarked wiki's saving a step or two.

The static pages feature is my particular fav-- I can view and navigate thru all the static pages in my wiki without having to leave it.

I want to try to do the same with some of the places that are attempting a user created manual and/or documention for W,

>>It was particularly struck by the searches of TiddlySpot,

I'm working on search queries to read wiki metadata to make separate searches for TWC & TW5 (TW5 has version info in meta),  Also thinking of having queries to search by language, title, possibly date.  The data dictionary tiddler I started was going to list wiki version, owner, personal vs reference,-- but its gonna take time to go through them all.

>>The lookup for markup, HTML etc reference in the sidebar is also very useful.

I use them everyday to double chech code, copy & paste from-- no need to leave the wiki-- the ref cheat sheets are right next to the tiddler being edited.  Derived from a display any tiddler (text field entry for tiddler title) in the sidebar for side by side tiddler display for referencing, copy & pasting to and from (sidebar width causes an issue but I work with it- shift+mouse wheet for horizontal scrolling).  I need to figure out how to incorporate copy to clipboard macro.  Also the cheat sheets are also good for brief notes on coding that i want for future ref-- ie: table horizontal scroll : container div overflow-x auto

>>I could have suggestions but I don't want to detract from the acheivement.

you won't, I put it out partially finished and in a rush-- so there's much to improve with it-- plus it was designed for a Gloom-- may not be completely suitable for all audiences << >>