Casting Church - Sun Aug 9

Regan Burmeister

Aug 5, 2020, 10:45:15 AM8/5/20
to Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders
Casting Church this Sunday, 9 Aug, 8am - 11am, at Fletcher's Cove.

We will be addressing rod tip path - straight line path and why this matters. We will have some accuracy exercises and distance exercises, always lots of fun. Mainly, because they help you identify quickly where your casts are challenged and improvements are immediately obvious.

We will practice social distance.  Pretty easy to do since we are outside.  And since we are all holding fly-rods and moving them around, this separation tends to work out naturally.
However, if you are ill or suspect you might be, please respect the health of others and rest up at home.  There will be other casting churches, once a month at least.

Come on out, whether you are a novice, intermediate, or advanced caster, it is all fun to work on solving casting problems and casting challenges.
If you are just getting started, this is a great way to meet people who can help.  There will be casting instructors on hand.
If you are preparing for an upcoming trip and looking to re-fresh your casting skills, this is a great opportunity.

If you want to wade, just come prepared.  We work on casting on the grass fields and in the water, both single-hand and two-hand casting.

See you there,

Regan

Owen Williams

Aug 8, 2020, 8:41:36 AM8/8/20
to Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders
Thanks for the reminder, Regan!

I'll be bringing my wife and 20 y.o. daughter (and three rods). Both have cast before, but not recently.

Best,
Owen

Owen Williams

Aug 9, 2020, 11:26:21 AM8/9/20
to Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders
What a great crowd we had! Glad to see so many beginners getting better so quickly!

I wanted to send a special thanks to Terry for helping my wife and daughter understand what to do with such great analogies.

Best,
Owen

Rob

Aug 9, 2020, 12:23:24 PM8/9/20
to tidal-potoma...@googlegroups.com
Fantastic. I had clients and couldn’t make it. How did the water look?

Sent from my iPhone

On Aug 9, 2020, at 11:26 AM, Owen Williams <eowill...@gmail.com> wrote:

--
http://www.tpfr.org

Rob

Erika B

Aug 9, 2020, 8:33:08 PM8/9/20
to Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders
I really enjoyed my first Casting Church...made great progress in a couple of hours thanks to Terry. What an amazing resource this event is!

I will note here in case someone searches for this in the future - I pulled into the Fletcher’s Boathouse parking lot and went straight towards the tunnel sign...through the tunnel...and down to the end of the lower parking lot. Took me a few minutes to figure that out!

Owen Williams

Aug 10, 2020, 7:26:04 AM8/10/20
to Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders
You're familiar with Nesquik?

Actually, "Mr Spey" Regan would need to weigh in on that one.

Best,
Owen
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to tidal-potomac-fly-rodders+unsub...@googlegroups.com.

Daniel Lazenby

Aug 10, 2020, 8:43:44 AM8/10/20
to tidal-potoma...@googlegroups.com
Erika, thank you and all of the others for coming.
Of the 24, or so, people (including instructors) attending about 10 had never cast a fly rod or had only just begun.
I agree it is amazing how much progress can be made at these events.

Daniel