Snakehead tournament

Sam Hauser

Jun 24, 2013, 5:54:50 PM6/24/13
to tidal-potoma...@googlegroups.com
Is anyone planning on doing the snakehead tournament?

Sam Hauser

Jun 25, 2013, 5:22:26 PM6/25/13
to tidal-potoma...@googlegroups.com
Let me rephrase this... Would anyone be even mildly interested in joining the tournament with me? I have been doing pretty good on snakehead recently and was hoping to find some other kayak based anglers to join me....

Sent from my iPad

--
http://www.tpfr.org

Dalton Terrell

Jun 25, 2013, 5:30:35 PM6/25/13
to tidal-potoma...@googlegroups.com
I've heard confirmations from Trent Jones and Rob Snowhite that they are fishing it and I'm assuming there are several more. I plan to be at Smallwood State Park Sunday to taste some Flying Dog and watch the weigh in. TPFR is also sponsoring the event, and for more details, see the website here: http://potomacsnakehead.com/

Dalton

Daniel Davala

Rob Snowhite

Jun 25, 2013, 8:51:01 PM6/25/13
to tidal-potoma...@googlegroups.com
Uh time to tie some full sizes duck flies.
image.png
Sent from my iPhone

Richard Farino

Jun 26, 2013, 10:32:12 AM6/26/13
to tidal-potoma...@googlegroups.com

Snakehead are more ravenous that we thought.  Here’s a better shot.  It looks like a gosling, which is about right for this time of year.

Grizzly’s brother suggests adding trebles to a rubber ducky bath toy.

Richard Farino

Urban Angler VA | 108 N. Washington Street  2nd Floor | Alexandria, VA 22314 Google_Maps_Marker

(703) 527-2524 | fax: (703) 527-3313 | ric...@urbanangler.com

image001.png
image002.png
snakeheadgoose.jpg

Danny Barrett

Jun 26, 2013, 10:44:55 AM6/26/13
to tidal-potoma...@googlegroups.com
Thats wild.  Ill be bass/SN fishing over the weekend holiday.  i might have to try n tie up some sorta large floating duck like fly or a mouse/frog.  Is there any time thats better to catch these guys?

Thanks,

Dan Barrett

MSA Fall Protection CoOp
1100 Cranberry Woods Drive,
Cranberry TWP, PA

3610 Dawson Ave
Pittsburgh, PA

image001.png
image002.png

Rob Snowhite

Jun 26, 2013, 11:00:00 AM6/26/13
to tidal-potoma...@googlegroups.com
Working on a new pattern for snakeheads
image.jpeg
Sent from my iPhone

On Jun 26, 2013, at 10:32 AM, "Richard Farino" <ric...@urbanangler.com> wrote:

Snakehead are more ravenous that we thought.  Here’s a better shot.  It looks like a gosling, which is about right for this time of year.

Grizzly’s brother suggests adding trebles to a rubber ducky bath toy.

Richard Farino

Urban Angler VA | 108 N. Washington Street  2nd Floor | Alexandria, VA 22314 <image001.png>

Uh time to tie some full sizes duck flies.

<image002.png>
Sent from my iPhone

<snakeheadgoose.jpg>

Bryan Lanier

Jun 26, 2013, 11:05:17 AM6/26/13
to tidal-potoma...@googlegroups.com
Is that thing radio controlled? Needs a diving plane as well as deployable hook. Or better yet...a net!

Bryan

image.jpeg

Richard Farino

Jun 26, 2013, 11:01:09 AM6/26/13
to tidal-potoma...@googlegroups.com

Outgoing tides are best.

The rest is just speculation  ;)

Richard Farino

Urban Angler VA | 108 N. Washington Street  2nd Floor | Alexandria, VA 22314 Google_Maps_Marker

(703) 527-2524 | fax: (703) 527-3313 | ric...@urbanangler.com

image001.png
image002.png

Bryan Lanier

Jun 26, 2013, 11:07:30 AM6/26/13
to tidal-potoma...@googlegroups.com
Also proximity sensors and snakehead species recognition system.

Bryan
image.jpeg

samuel newcomer

Jun 26, 2013, 3:59:25 PM6/26/13
to tidal-potoma...@googlegroups.com
Did you find some partners for this thing?