Fwd: Virginia Fly Fishing & Wine Festival

Thomas C Roberts

Dec 26, 2017, 10:56:06 AM12/26/17
to tidal-potoma...@googlegroups.com
Christmas may be over, but we still have Beau Beasley’s Virginia Fly Fishing Festival to look forward to in January.  Less than a month away, and bigger and better than ever.
Beau has been a great supporter of introducing young people to fly fishing.  The Boy Scout Fly Fishing Merit Badge program will again be offered this year to Boy Scouts on both Saturday and Sunday.  There is no charge for scouts in uniform and their guardian.
If you know of a Boy Scout troop or Boy Scout who might be interested, please pass along this link.
Fish On!  And see you all in January in Doswell.
Tom Roberts
Fly Fishing Merit Badge Program Lead

Begin forwarded message:

From: Virginia Fly Fishing & Wine Festival <fishu...@comcast.net>
Subject: Virginia Fly Fishing & Wine Festival
Date: December 20, 2017 at 12:07:26 PM EST

18th Annual
Virginia Fly Fishing & Wine Festival
January 13-14, 2018
Doswell, Virginia

Need the
perfect Christmas gift?
Consider
admission tickets
or a
specialty class!

The 18th Annual
Virginia Fly Fishing & Wine Festival
January 13 -14, 2018

Meet author Jason Randall--national pro-staffer for  Temple Fork Outfitters--and a slew of other national and regional speakers at this year's festival! Don't miss this chance to purchase your classes or weekend passes before they sell out: click here.

Specialty Classes Available
Saturday: 7 spots
Sunday: 9 spots

Ed Jaworowski: Advanced Casting
Saturday:
SOLD OUT
Sunday: 2 spots

Saturday: 3 spots
Sunday: 7 spots

Saturday AM: 3 spots
Saturday PM: 7 spots
Sunday AM: 8 spots

We've recently added new speakers! To learn who will be presenting this year, click here.

To see our updated schedule of events click here
Meet author and expert kayak angler Cory Routh at this year's festival

Get Your
Festival After-Party
Tickets Now!

Don't forget to reserve your Festival After-Party tickets for this year's event. Thanks to our friends at Steam Bell Beer Works and Flymen Fishing Company, we have a dandy event in store for this year's festival goers. After spending a great Saturday learning about all things fly fishing and meeting various authors and speakers, conclude your day with great tasting Virginia brews and a movie!

The capstone of this year's Festival After-Party will be the debut of Back Bay, featuring author and kayak expert Cory Routh of Ruthless Outdoor Adventures. Tag along with Cory as he narrates the amazing comeback of this great fishery; the film includes interviews with Lefty Kreh and Walt Cary. To view the trailer, click here.

Your advance purchase After-Party ticket includesyour food, complimentary Steam Bell Beer Works micro-brewed beer (while supplies last), and the movie--all for only $25! If available, After-Party tickets will sell at the door for $35. Get your ticket now by clicking here.

Featured Vendor: Simms

Winter fishing can be fun and exciting or absolutely miserable--and everyone who fishes in winter knows that miserable is being cold and wet. No one in the industry knows more about keep anglers warm and dry than Simms.

Bozeman-based Simms has been making quality products since its inception in 1980 when avid angler John Simms thought he could build better products for anglers than were currently on the market. By 2012 the company's growth required a 60,000 square foot facility to keep up with production demands.

Quality gear like the Simms G3 Guide Jacket, G3 Guide Waders, gear bags, wading shoes, and clothing have made Simms a household name.

Speak to Simms' Mid-Atlantic rep Justin Sterner at the festival; he'll have the latest products on hand for you to see and try on. Then walk across the festival aisle to one of our participating Simms dealers and purchase your gear right at the event. Stay warm and dry while fishing this winter!

The 2018
Festival T-shirt or Sweatshirt:
Order Yours Today!

Looking to start your fly fishing season off with a bang? Why not order your 2018 Virginia Fly Fishing & Wine Festival t-shirt today and wear it to our event?

Since we have moved the festival to winter, we've teamed up with Corporate Imprints to provide not only our festival t-shirts but festival sweatshirts as well. You can opt to have them shipped to your home, or just pick them up when you're visiting the festival. Don't miss out: order your shirts here.

Got Your Reservations?
Get a discounted room!

The Virginia Fly Fishing Festival is pleased to partner with the Holiday Inn Express of Ashland, Virginia, to offer our vendors and guests discounted rooms. Don't wait until its too late, make your reservations today by clicking here.

Come See Us in Plano, Texas!

The Virginia Fly Fishing & Wine Festival
Facebook
Twitter
LinkedIn
Pinterest
Rain Shadow Fly Fishing Promotions, LLC, 6729 Eckert Court, Warrenton, VA 20187
Sent by fishu...@comcast.net in collaboration with
Constant Contact

Thomas C Roberts

Jan 2, 2018, 9:46:24 AM1/2/18
to tidal-potoma...@googlegroups.com
The new year has begun and there may be ice on the water, but we have the Virginia Fly Fishing and Wine Festival in 2 weeks to look forward to.  It is indoors, and warm and toasty-

Over the years, Beau Beasley has been a great supporter of introducing young people to fly fishing.  The Boy Scout Fly Fishing Merit Badge program will again be offered this year to Boy Scouts on both Saturday and Sunday.  There is no charge for scouts in uniform and their guardian.  We still have a few open spaces.  If you know of a Boy Scout troop or Boy Scout who might be interested, please pass along the link Festival link, or have them email me at mob...@aol.com.

Fish On!  And Tight Lines!
And see you all in Doswell.

From: Virginia Fly Fishing & Wine Festival <fishu...@comcast.net>
Date: January 1, 2018 at 12:16:39 PM EST

18th Annual
Virginia Fly Fishing & Wine Festival
January 13-14, 2018
Doswell, Virginia

Your New Year's Resolution:
Fish More, Fish Better

Let us help you with that:
purchase festival
admission tickets
or book space in a
specialty class today!

                                         The 18th Annual
Virginia Fly Fishing & Wine Festival
January 13 -14, 2018

Meet Appalachian Fly Fishing Hall of Famer and Temple Fork Outfitters national pro-staffer Wanda Taylor--as well as a slew of other national and regional speakers--at this year's festival!

Purchase classes and weekend passes before they sell out: click here.

2018 Specialty Classes
Saturday AM: SOLD OUT
Saturday PM: 4 spots
Sunday AM: 6 spots

Saturday: 1 spot remaining
Sunday: 9 spots

Ed Jaworowski: Advanced Casting
Saturday: SOLD OUT
Sunday: 4 spots

Saturday: 1 spot remaining
Sunday: 7 spots

We've recently added new speakers
Find the updated speaker list here.
Find our updated schedule of events here
[...]

Win a getaway to Harman's Cabins

The Virginia Fly Fishing & Wine Festival is proud to partner with Harman's Luxury Cabins to offer our attendees a chance to win a great fishing getaway.

How can you get in on this great opportunity? Simply fill out our survey at this year's festival. Our survey station will be located next to the Wine/Beer Tickets table at this year's festival. All paid attendees and volunteers are eligible to enter.

Meet Our Artist

Painting, Drawing,
Sculpting, and More

Artist Jessica Callihan, photographed here by Laura Peirpont, is just one of the many artists participating in this year's festival. Callihan began her love affair with fly fishing through her experiences with Project Healing Waters, which helps wounded veterans rehabilitate through fly fishing and fly tying.

Callihan has managed to marry her love for the quiet sport with her passion for art. Her work includes everything from original oil painting and gift cards to matted prints. Stop by her booth to meet her and learn what she has created that might look great on that bare wall at home.

Numerous painters, sculptors, and metalworkers will be at this year's festival, including Mary Kay aka "the Fish Lady," Dave Krupa Angling Art, The Forged Fly, and Carden Farms

Featured Vendor: Fish Hippie

Looking for clothing that balances style, comfort, and performance? Enter Fish Hippie. Mt. Airy, North Carolina-based Fish Hippie is making serious waves turning out comfortable, durable, affordable clothing for outdoor enthusiasts.

Winter blues setting in? Settle in by the fire with some mulled wine and a Barton Flannel Button Down shirt or Browder Vest. Gotta go outside? Consider the Bridgestow Field Jacket, made to keep you both warm and comfortable when afield.

The 2018
Festival T-shirt or Sweatshirt:
Order Yours Today!

Looking to start your fly fishing season off with a bang? Why not order your 2018 Virginia Fly Fishing & Wine Festival t-shirt today and wear it to our event?

Since we have moved the festival to winter, we've teamed up with Corporate Imprints to provide not only our festival t-shirts but festival sweatshirts as well. You can opt to have them shipped to your home, or just pick them up when you're visiting the festival. Don't miss out: order your shirts here.

Got Your Reservations?
Get a discounted room!

The Virginia Fly Fishing Festival is pleased to partner with the Holiday Inn Express of Ashland, Virginia, to offer our vendors and guests discounted rooms. Don't wait until its too late, as  January 5th is the cut off date. Check for remaining discounted rooms here.

Come See Us in Plano, Texas!

The Virginia Fly Fishing & Wine Festival
Facebook
Twitter
LinkedIn
Pinterest

Gary Fleeger

Jan 4, 2018, 12:50:30 AM1/4/18
to Tidal Potomac Fly Rodders
I have a Cub Scout interested! His name is Luke and he participated in the first blue gill tournament.

Thomas C Roberts

Jan 10, 2018, 10:22:53 PM1/10/18
to tidal-potoma...@googlegroups.com
Hi Gary,

I have released your spot to another scout for the Fly Fishing Merit Badge this weekend.  We are currently fully booked.  However, if you are still interested, please let me know and I will put you on the waiting list.  If you do come down to Doswell for the Festival, please drop by and say hi.

Your in Scouting
Tom Roberts

--
http://www.tpfr.org