最初の未読メッセージにスキップ

Oscar Benjamin

未読、
2019/12/13 16:40:362019/12/13
To: sympy
Hi all,

It is my pleasure to announce the release of SymPy 1.5 today. I have
uploaded the release files to for this release to PyPI so you should
be able to install or upgrade with

$ pip install -U sympy

This release of SymPy has a large number of fixes, improvements and
new features. The full release notes can be found here:
https://github.com/sympy/sympy/wiki/Release-Notes-for-1.5

Please report any issues with this release to GitHub.

The following people contributed at least one patch to this release
(names are given in alphabetical order by last name). A total of 132
people contributed to this release. People with a * by their names
contributed a patch for the first time for this release; 68 people
contributed for the first time for this release.

Thanks to everyone who contributed to this release!

- Akash Nagaraj (akasnaga)*
- Shubham Abhang
- Abhi58*
- Louis Abraham*
- Sachin Agarwal
- Harsh Agarwal*
- Supreet Agrawal
- Abhinav Anand*
- Oscar Gerardo Lazo Arjona*
- arooshiverma*
- Juan Barbosa*
- Oscar Benjamin
- Gabriel Bernardino*
- Parker Berry
- Johan Blåbäck
- Francesco Bonazzi
- Ondřej Čertík
- Arighna Chakrabarty
- Pengning Chao*
- Sean P. Cornelius*
- Björn Dahlgren
- Nabanita Dash
- Anway De*
- Gaurav Dhingra
- Mark Dickinson*
- dranknight09*
- Zachariah Etienne
- Isuru Fernando
- Enric Florit*
- Mauro Garavello
- Matthias Geier
- Sourav Ghosh
- Lauren Glattly*
- Christoph Gohle*
- Erik R. Gomez*
- Oscar Gustafsson
- David Hagen*
- hannah-kari*
- Hou-Rui*
- Hugo
- Denis Ivanenko*
- jgulian*
- Shubham Kumar Jha
- Ishan Joshi
- Aadit Kamat*
- kangzhiq
- Hannah Kari*
- Atharva Khare
- Cameron King*
- Shivani Kohli
- George Korepanov*
- Amit Kumar
- Ritesh Kumar
- Petr Kungurtsev*
- Samesh Lakhotia*
- Ronan Lamy
- S.Y. Lee
- Steven Lee*
- Jun Lin*
- luzpaz
- Megan Ly*
- Morten Olsen Lysgaard*
- Nikhil Maan*
- Colin B. Macdonald
- Riccardo Magliocchetti*
- Kirtan Mali*
- Miguel Marco*
- Maxence Mayrand
- Pragyan Mehrotra
- Henry Metlov*
- Aaron Meurer
- Jogi Miglani
- Aaron Miller
- Sudhanshu Mishra
- Yogesh Mishra*
- Jason Moore
- Yeshwanth N*
- Akshay Nagar
- Akash Nagaraj*
- Sidhant Nagpal
- Prionti Nasir*
- Soniya Nayak*
- Abdullah Javed Nesar
- Kenneth Emeka Odoh*
- OrestisVaggelis*
- Ankit Raj Pandey
- pekochun*
- Ruslan Pisarev
- Tomasz Pytel*
- Bharat Raghunathan*
- Samnan Rahee
- Shekhar Prasad Rajak
- Rohit Rango
- Joseph Redfern*
- Juha Remes
- Rimi*
- rimibis*
- Faisal Riyaz
- Martin Roelfs
- Denys Rybalka*
- Denis Rykov*
- Samesh*
- Bendik Samseth*
- Gilles Schintgen*
- Stan Schymanski
- Daniel Sears*
- Stephan Seitz*
- Vighnesh Shenoy*
- Qingsha Shi*
- Rajiv Ranjan Singh
- Gagandeep Singh
- Jashanpreet Singh
- Ritu Raj Singh
- Arun Singh
- Sartaj Singh
- Animesh Sinha
- Gleb Siroki
- Chris Smith
- Ralf Stephan
- Kalevi Suominen
- Divyanshu Thakur
- TitanSnow*
- Ivan Tkachenko*
- Charalampos Tsiagkalis*
- Versus Void*
- Ethan Ward
- Jonathan Warner
- Arun Yeragudipati*
- Srinivasa Arun Yeragudipati*
- Velibor Zeli*
- Zhi-Qiang Zhou
- znxftw*

Thanks all,
Oscar Benjamin

Aaron Meurer

未読、
2019/12/13 16:55:162019/12/13
To: sympy
Oscar thanks for your great work on getting this release out!

Aaron Meurer

David Bailey

未読、
2019/12/13 17:11:392019/12/13
To: sy...@googlegroups.com
On 13/12/2019 21:41, Oscar Benjamin wrote:
Hi all,

It is my pleasure to announce the release of SymPy 1.5 today. I have
uploaded the release files to for this release to PyPI so you should
be able to install or upgrade with

    $ pip install -U sympy

This worked for me, except that I received the message:

ERROR: mathics 1.0 has requirement sympy==1.0, but you'll have sympy 1.5 which is incompatible.

David

Aaron Meurer

未読、
2019/12/13 17:17:192019/12/13
To: sympy
I guess you have mathics installed, which won't let you upgrade SymPy.
You can remove it with pip uninstall mathics. If you want to use
mathics, you may need to use separate virtual environments until it is
updated to work with SymPy 1.5.

Aaron Meurer

Oscar Benjamin

未読、
2019/12/13 17:18:182019/12/13
To: sympy
And thanks for your help Aaron. There are still some things to do.
Just figuring out how to update the docs website...

--
Oscar
> To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/sympy/CAKgW%3D6Lem44%2Bz2FSuW00s6Vq1sWDfNjo-5cAEwOZspsiywAu8w%40mail.gmail.com.

Oscar Benjamin

未読、
2019/12/13 17:22:442019/12/13
To: sympy
David it looks like mathics pins the SymPy version. You probably have
an older version since on GitHub they are asking for sympy==1.4:
https://github.com/mathics/Mathics/blob/1927ada93c5ce2d8cbe731731ab1f55cd5527467/setup.py#L66

I guess that they will update that soon but in the mean time you will
have to use separate environments so you can have mathics in one and
SymPy 1.5 in another.
> To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/sympy/CAKgW%3D6KV%3D5Waj_WnVejAGzq03D_7JSMjDL2%2BbFobEAFqipMEMA%40mail.gmail.com.

Oscar Benjamin

未読、
2019/12/13 20:38:232019/12/13
To: sympy
On Fri, 13 Dec 2019 at 21:41, Oscar Benjamin <oscar.j....@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> It is my pleasure to announce the release of SymPy 1.5 today. I have
> uploaded the release files to for this release to PyPI so you should
> be able to install or upgrade with
>
> $ pip install -U sympy

I just realised I didn't give the hashes for the release files which are

8ae4a95378304ed4081921767fe46f0adf5921bf471c9f5df425abf2c655d751
sympy-1.5-py2.py3-none-any.whl
31567dc010bff0967ef7a87210acf3f938c6ab24481581fc143536fb103e9ce8
sympy-1.5.tar.gz
b880a0819efac35661e59ec4341e3df7667e51f952033b12a91361f792458639
sympy-docs-html-1.5.zip
2f366888c0efc86bf031e1db4dd988463c26583a8582e33b4bc85eb6b14d4ea1
sympy-docs-pdf-1.5.pdf

I'm interested to know: does anyone check these?

--
Oscar

Francesco Bonazzi

未読、
2019/12/14 10:26:252019/12/14
To: sympy
Great new!

Are we going to drop Python 2.7 and 3.4 support?

There are two nice things to have:

  1. support for type annotations with enforcement in testing.
  2. integration of MatchPy into SymPy (unfortunately this step requires to drop Python 3.5 support as well, as MatchPy is Python 3.6+ only).

On Saturday, 14 December 2019 02:38:23 UTC+1, Oscar wrote:

David Bailey

未読、
2019/12/14 11:55:132019/12/14
To: sy...@googlegroups.com
On 13/12/2019 22:23, Oscar Benjamin wrote:
David it looks like mathics pins the SymPy version. You probably have
an older version since on GitHub they are asking for sympy==1.4:
https://github.com/mathics/Mathics/blob/1927ada93c5ce2d8cbe731731ab1f55cd5527467/setup.py#L66

I guess that they will update that soon but in the mean time you will
have to use separate environments so you can have mathics in one and
SymPy 1.5 in another.

On Fri, 13 Dec 2019 at 22:17, Aaron Meurer <asme...@gmail.com> wrote:

Actually, I didn't even realise I had mathics installed - this was something I tried some time ago. I gave it up precisely because it doesn't seem to have been maintained since SymPy version 1.0!

Because I had forgotten what mathics was, I naively assumed it was a component of SymPy. It would be helpful if the installer could identify when it identifies a clash with a package that is not something that a  SymPy user may need (such as NumPy).

I know I am nit-picking, but I think everything that helps users to install SymPy smoothly is worth doing.

David

Jason Moore

未読、
2019/12/14 12:32:392019/12/14
To: sympy
If you use conda to manage packages, it has a dependency solver and will
warn you about package clashes in environments as well as find compatible
install solutions for a set of packages. Unfortunately, pip does not have
that ability.

Jason

Oscar Benjamin

未読、
2019/12/14 16:31:422019/12/14
To: sympy
Python 2.7 support can be dropped in SymPy 1.6 (the next release). We
don't yet know though if we will need a 1.5.1 bugfix release though so
I'd prefer to give it a few weeks before dropping Python 2.7 from
Travis. I think that as soon as Python 2.7 is not tested SymPy will
stop working on it because it will become unimportable within a few
PRs.

Once 2.7 is removed from Travis there are a number of places in the
codebase that can be cleaned up (noted with the "dropping Python 2"
label) and a bunch of compat code that can be removed.

SymPy's current Python version support policy is here
https://github.com/sympy/sympy/wiki/Python-version-support-policy
and says that a version of Python is supported until it reaches EOL.
For Python 3.5 that is September 2020 according to the table here:
https://devguide.python.org/#status-of-python-branches

Dropping 3.5 before then wouldn't match the support policy but if
there are strong advantages then it can be discussed.

--
Oscar

Aaron Meurer

未読、
2019/12/14 18:05:372019/12/14
To: sy...@googlegroups.com
On Sat, Dec 14, 2019 at 2:31 PM Oscar Benjamin <oscar.j....@gmail.com> wrote:
Python 2.7 support can be dropped in SymPy 1.6 (the next release). We
don't yet know though if we will need a 1.5.1 bugfix release though so
I'd prefer to give it a few weeks before dropping Python 2.7 from
Travis. I think that as soon as Python 2.7 is not tested SymPy will
stop working on it because it will become unimportable within a few
PRs.

We should make sure __init__.py stays importable so we can give an error message about Python 2 not being supported.

Once 2.7 is removed from Travis there are a number of places in the
codebase that can be cleaned up (noted with the "dropping Python 2"
label) and a bunch of compat code that can be removed.

SymPy's current Python version support policy is here
https://github.com/sympy/sympy/wiki/Python-version-support-policy
and says that a version of Python is supported until it reaches EOL.
For Python 3.5 that is September 2020 according to the table here:
https://devguide.python.org/#status-of-python-branches

Dropping 3.5 before then wouldn't match the support policy but if
there are strong advantages then it can be discussed.

We might need to become more aggressive at some point. Python is planning on speeding up their release cadence so with the current policy there will be more Python versions for us to support.

Aaron Meurer

Jason Moore

未読、
2019/12/14 18:28:172019/12/14
To: sympy
I'd like for us to hang on to Py27 until we see what happens when NumPy drops it. I personally feel like shit might hit the fan.

Oscar Benjamin

未読、
2019/12/14 18:36:482019/12/14
To: sympy
I don't see why anything dramatic will happen when NumPy drops support
for Python 2.7. The current releases of both NumPy and SymPy will
still be available for Python 2.7. Gradually over time more new
releases will emerge that can't be installed on Python 2.7 but nothing
will immediately break for people who continue to use 2.7 with NumPy
and/or SymPy. Those users will just be stuck with the current versions
of 3rd party packages as well as an old version of the interpreter.
> To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/sympy/CAP7f1AiJqLahHrRVk%3D3UiYCvh5ERVrKqwLAOS0GZyUEi9CYCbA%40mail.gmail.com.

Jason Moore

未読、
2019/12/14 18:46:352019/12/14
To: sympy
I'm just suggesting we watch and see what happens when the most major packages switch and then follow after witnessing if it goes smoothly or not.

Jason

Isuru Fernando

未読、
2019/12/14 18:47:312019/12/14
To: sy...@googlegroups.com
FYI, NumPy has already dropped python 2.7 support in 1.17.0 in July. They are supporting 1.16.x until January, 1 2020 and 1.16.x will no longer be supported.

Isuru

Aaron Meurer

未読、
2019/12/15 0:07:272019/12/15
To: sympy
Quite a few other large packages have already dropped Python 2 support
for over a year. matplotlib and Jupyter already dropped it. I'm not
aware of many issues.

Aaron Meurer
> To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/sympy/CA%2B01voPuK1Y8gDxJNot6ik%3D71D40x8CohQOTnT1_x2krBosWxw%40mail.gmail.com.

Jason Moore

未読、
2019/12/15 1:00:282019/12/15
To: sympy
Python 2.7 seems to be about 30% of the downloads still: https://pypistats.org/packages/sympy

Matplotlib is maintaining an LTS for Python 2.7 (I think), not sure about Jupyter.

Jason

Oscar Benjamin

未読、
2019/12/15 6:48:562019/12/15
To: sympy
In practical terms, maintaining an LTS just means that if a
substantial problem arises with using SymPy 1.5 on Python 2.7 we could
add a fix for it on the 1.5 branch and release 1.5.x with that fix. I
can't see what that problem would be though apart from, say, an update
to pypi that means 1.5 doesn't install any more.

If something like that happened then I don't see why we couldn't issue
a release but it seems unlikely that it would be necessary. In any
case it doesn't require us to keep the the master branch working on
2.7 going forwards.

--
Oscar
> To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/sympy/CAP7f1AgQmjtzsi04j80n0knQm%2BLggo91HotUe1JsyrQQH4%3DnRA%40mail.gmail.com.

Oscar Benjamin

未読、
2019/12/15 7:02:462019/12/15
To: sympy
I'm not sure how to interpret the pypi download stats. There is a very
regular weekly rhythm and 80% of the downloads are for Linux which I
don't think is representative of the userbase. It looks to me more
like some servers are using sympy and installing it from pypi
thousands of times per day.
全員に返信
投稿者に返信
転送