Saltar al primer mensaje no leído

Oscar Benjamin

no leída,
25 abr 2020, 16:07:1525/4/20
a sympy
Hi all,

I think it's time to start thinking about the sympy 1.6 release. At
this stage all that needs doing is flagging issues or pull requests
that are potential release blockers.

I've opened an issue to keep track of the release itself here:
https://github.com/sympy/sympy/issues/19193

If you know of any issues, bugs, pull requests that should be resolved
for the next release then please add the 1.6 milestone on github.
Currently there are only a handful of issues with the milestone:
https://github.com/sympy/sympy/milestone/53

Oscar

Aaron Meurer

no leída,
26 abr 2020, 4:18:2226/4/20
a sympy
Thanks for doing this!

It might be worth running the benchmarks to see if there any
regressions we should be aware of. I saw at least one issue in the
milestone is performance related.

Aaron Meurer

Arpan Chattopadhyay

no leída,
26 abr 2020, 7:25:3326/4/20
a sympy
In how many days are we planning to take SymPy 1.6 live?

Oscar Benjamin

no leída,
26 abr 2020, 8:33:0726/4/20
a sympy
Hi Arpan,

There is no particular timeline at this stage but I guess in a week or
so I'll make a 1.6 branch and start clearing release blockers.

Oscar

On Sun, 26 Apr 2020 at 12:25, Arpan Chattopadhyay
<f201...@pilani.bits-pilani.ac.in> wrote:

> In how many days are we planning to take SymPy 1.6 live?

Arpan Chattopadhyay

no leída,
26 abr 2020, 9:07:3326/4/20
a sympy
Got it. Thank you.

Oscar Benjamin

no leída,
26 abr 2020, 10:00:3426/4/20
a sympy
Hi Aaron,

I've done some basic benchmarking and opened an issue to track
performance changes since 1.4/1.5.1:
https://github.com/sympy/sympy/issues/19199

When releasing 1.5 Jason did not manage to find time to run the full
benchmark suite so I compared 1.4 as well. Hopefully we can also run
the full suite (not sure I can do that myself).

Oscar
> To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/sympy/CAKgW%3D6KGdtc087D7wJEyUTu%3DUJNYaUHQOu%3DhA7fz3scDcQSqiA%40mail.gmail.com.

Nikhil Maan

no leída,
27 abr 2020, 14:30:1227/4/20
a sympy
Hi Oscar,

Do you plan to release 1.6 before the GSoC coding period ends?
Or will the GSoC 2020 projects also be included in this release?

Regards,
Nikhil Maan
> > To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to sy...@googlegroups.com.
> > To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/sympy/CAHVvXxS8eZQx99GtoY_5RrBe%3DwGrX-_UNgtzfyKm7o6Dsrx1_Q%40mail.gmail.com.

Aaron Meurer

no leída,
27 abr 2020, 14:52:4027/4/20
a sympy
I think we should try to release before GSoC starts. Otherwise we will
have to wait until the fall to do the release.

Aaron Meurer
> To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to sympy+un...@googlegroups.com.
> To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/sympy/43f05f45-fae9-49e4-af7e-59e0d54486f2%40googlegroups.com.

Oscar Benjamin

no leída,
27 abr 2020, 14:56:1127/4/20
a sympy
Yes, I'm aiming to release as soon as possible. There aren't many
release blockers and some are already getting fixed.
> To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/sympy/CAKgW%3D6LdcPYRToEMmvX8bQF_yKisktn-swKeSHRCWsG_0XLCaQ%40mail.gmail.com.

Oscar Benjamin

no leída,
3 may 2020, 8:35:153/5/20
a sympy
Hi all,

I've create the sympy 1.6 release branch and opened PRs to update
versions in both the 1.6 and master branches. For 1.5 we had a beta
release but I think there was precisely zero feedback from it so I'm
skipping that this time and going straight to release candidate
1.6rc1. I will make the release candidate available on PyPI so it can
be installed by pip.

Can I ask all contributors not to merge any PRs right now until the
version is updated on the master branch.

The release notes for 1.6 are here:
https://github.com/sympy/sympy/wiki/Release-Notes-for-1.6

Can anyone who authored/merged any work between 1.5 and 1.6 take a
look through those release notes and update/improve them if necessary?
I think anyone with push access can edit directly. If you are unable
to edit the release notes let me know and I can do it for you.

In particular:

1. Please consider whether the release note itself makes sense to end
users. Will they be able to read that and understand what is fixed or
how to find out about using a new feature?

2. Some changes e.g. refactoring work are not normally given a release
note for each PR but I still think it makes sense to give a release
note at the end that explains if a significant rearrangement of the
code has taken place. Maybe some release notes should be added
manually if you know of a lot of refactoring that has taken place.
Please let me know e.g. by replying here if that's the case (don't
assume that I will remember even if I was involved in merging...)

3. We need to manually fill in the "Backwards compatibility and
deprecations" section. If your work involved any non-backwards
compatible changes or deprecated anything can you make sure it is
listed in that section in a way that should make sense to end users.

--
Oscar

Chris Smith

no leída,
3 may 2020, 12:20:423/5/20
a sympy
Can I ask all contributors not to merge any PRs right now until the
version is updated on the master branch.

Sorry -- I did make a merge but will wait now.

I wonder if an event could be added like the sympy-bot release notes check which will disallow PRs to be merged as long as the check is present.

/c

Oscar Benjamin

no leída,
3 may 2020, 12:58:053/5/20
a sympy
Hi Chris,

It's easily fixed.

I have merged the 1.7.dev version update to master now.

I don't see any release notes for 1.7 here yet though:
https://github.com/sympy/sympy/wiki/Release-Notes-for-1.7

You can manually move the release note from here if it went through as 1.6:
https://github.com/sympy/sympy/wiki/Release-Notes-for-1.6

Oscar

Aaron Meurer

no leída,
4 may 2020, 0:39:294/5/20
a sympy
On Sun, May 3, 2020 at 6:35 AM Oscar Benjamin
<oscar.j....@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I've create the sympy 1.6 release branch and opened PRs to update
> versions in both the 1.6 and master branches. For 1.5 we had a beta
> release but I think there was precisely zero feedback from it so I'm
> skipping that this time and going straight to release candidate
> 1.6rc1. I will make the release candidate available on PyPI so it can
> be installed by pip.
>
> Can I ask all contributors not to merge any PRs right now until the
> version is updated on the master branch.
>
> The release notes for 1.6 are here:
> https://github.com/sympy/sympy/wiki/Release-Notes-for-1.6
>
> Can anyone who authored/merged any work between 1.5 and 1.6 take a
> look through those release notes and update/improve them if necessary?
> I think anyone with push access can edit directly. If you are unable
> to edit the release notes let me know and I can do it for you.

Actually anyone, not just people with push access, can edit the
release notes (or any other page on the wiki). So if you see something
on that page that needs fixing, please just fix it. That's the reason
why we have it on the wiki.

Aaron Meurer
> To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/sympy/CAHVvXxQwvgPtWL%2BzA%2BhwE76q8EyBokHbGRSZJXyN_wm78%2BZrxw%40mail.gmail.com.
Responder a todos