Start Contribution

Vishesh Mangla

Jan 28, 2019, 5:31:09 PM1/28/19
to sympy
Hello everyone,
My name is Vishesh Mangla, 2nd year student at Bits Pilani,Rajasthan,India pursuing Msc.Chemistry + B Sc. Chemical Engineering (Duel Degree). I have learned python from online sources and then I started solving problems on Project Euler(Username : teutranian).I solved around 120 questions(took around 3 months) but then realized it was not leading me anywhere. So,now I would want to use whatever maths I know to produce a real product which can be used by someone.But I haven't done anything in the open source world yet. Being quite interested in maths(a lot more than chemistry) I would like to start contributing to sympy and at least post a proposal for GSOC '19 this year.I know maths and 'm willing to learn more of it.I am not a regular user of Sympy but had computational chemistry and solving ODE's(using laplace,bessel etc) as a math couse course last year which required solving equation,determinants etc. by hand not computer but I used that as an opportunity to work with a library of python ie Sympy to verify answers while practicing. I looked at the easy bugs page but couldn't see if the bug was unsolved or needs to be solved since in the comments there lead a link to where in that conversation the bug seemed to be repaired.Please help!

Oscar Benjamin

Jan 29, 2019, 8:21:45 PM1/29/19
to sympy
Hi Vishesh,

Since you mentioned your experience with differential equations maybe
you would be interested in this issue (that I just opened):
https://github.com/sympy/sympy/issues/15881

If you have questions about it then probably best to ask on the issue.

On Mon, 28 Jan 2019 at 22:31, Vishesh Mangla <manglav...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello everyone,
> My name is Vishesh Mangla, 2nd year student at Bits Pilani,Rajasthan,India pursuing Msc.Chemistry + B Sc. Chemical Engineering (Duel Degree). I have learned python from online sources and then I started solving problems on Project Euler(Username : teutranian).I solved around 120 questions(took around 3 months) but then realized it was not leading me anywhere. So,now I would want to use whatever maths I know to produce a real product which can be used by someone.But I haven't done anything in the open source world yet. Being quite interested in maths(a lot more than chemistry) I would like to start contributing to sympy and at least post a proposal for GSOC '19 this year.I know maths and 'm willing to learn more of it.I am not a regular user of Sympy but had computational chemistry and solving ODE's(using laplace,bessel etc) as a math couse course last year which required solving equation,determinants etc. by hand not computer but I used that as an opportunity to work with a library of python ie Sympy to verify answers while practicing. I looked at the easy bugs page but couldn't see if the bug was unsolved or needs to be solved since in the comments there lead a link to where in that conversation the bug seemed to be repaired.Please help!

Vishesh Mangla

Jan 29, 2019, 8:29:09 PM1/29/19
to sy...@googlegroups.com
Sure, I would definitely check it.