Status of RUBI integrator

Naveen Saisreenivas Thota

Nov 18, 2020, 8:18:50 AM11/18/20
to symengine
Hi,

I was going through some issues of symengine when I came across the RUBI integrator. It would be a huge addition to the library. However, I couldn't quite understand the current status of the implementation. I have a 3-month long break from the beginning of December, and I am relatively free, so I would like to work on this. Could someone tell me -

1. What is the current status of RUBI in symengine?
2. How are we planning to integrate it into Sympy?
3. What are the prerequisites(if any) to work on this?

Regards
Naveen Saisreenivas Thota

Ondřej Čertík

Nov 18, 2020, 6:45:22 PM11/18/20
to syme...@googlegroups.com
Hi Naveen,

On Wed, Nov 18, 2020, at 3:19 AM, Naveen Saisreenivas Thota wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I was going through some issues of symengine when I came across the
> RUBI integrator. It would be a huge addition to the library. However, I
> couldn't quite understand the current status of the implementation. I
> have a 3-month long break from the beginning of December, and I am
> relatively free, so I would like to work on this. Could someone tell me
> -

Thanks for the email and your interest!

> 1. What is the current status of RUBI in symengine?

The latest status update, as far as I understand it is in my comment here:

https://github.com/symengine/symengine/issues/1597#issuecomment-521721092

> 2. How are we planning to integrate it into Sympy?

By wrapping it in Python wrappers, just like any other functionality in SymEngine.

> 3. What are the prerequisites(if any) to work on this?

I don't think there are any prerequisites, besides those mentioned in the comment link above.

Let me know if you want to discuss this further. We can do a video call.

Ondrej

Aaron Meurer

Nov 18, 2020, 8:00:40 PM11/18/20
to symengine
The RUBI developers are working on RUBI 5, which does not rely on the
Mathematica pattern matching capabilities. See recent messages in
https://gitter.im/Rule-Based-Integration/Lobby.

Aaron Meurer

Naveen Saisreenivas Thota

Nov 22, 2020, 4:46:46 PM11/22/20
to symengine
Hi Ondrej,

My vacation starts in about 2 weeks, so meanwhile I'll go through the code properly and try to get myself familiarized. Once I'm free, I'll message you and we can have a video call as to what to do. Now that Aaron has talked about RUBI 5, I asked on RUBI's gitter about the expected completion date. It might be best to wait until it releases.

Regards
Naveen