Tusa IQ-750 Element II import weirdness

Dan Bowkley

May 8, 2016, 9:23:32 AM5/8/16
to Subsurface Divelog
Subsurface 4.5.4 on Kubuntu Linux 15.04 (yeah, I know it's time for an upgrade)

I'm using a Tusa IQ-750 and for the most part importing my dives works flawlessly, just plug it in and hit go.  The only issue is it seems to have N2 and O2 backwards: my computer is set to air, and when the dives are imported into SS it warns me that I have a very weird Nitrox mix of 79% O2.  I'm betting a pair of variables got swapped somewhere.

Linus Torvalds

May 8, 2016, 3:05:56 PM5/8/16
to subsurfac...@googlegroups.com, Jef Driesen, Libdivecomputer Mailing List
On Sun, May 8, 2016 at 6:23 AM, Dan Bowkley <danbo...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I'm using a Tusa IQ-750 and for the most part importing my dives works
> flawlessly, just plug it in and hit go. The only issue is it seems to have
> N2 and O2 backwards: my computer is set to air, and when the dives are
> imported into SS it warns me that I have a very weird Nitrox mix of 79% O2.
> I'm betting a pair of variables got swapped somewhere.

This sounds more like a libdivecomputer issue than a subsurface one.

Adding Jef and the libdivecomputer mailing list to the participants,

Linus

Benjamin

May 8, 2016, 11:40:38 PM5/8/16
to subsurfac...@googlegroups.com, Jef Driesen, Libdivecomputer Mailing List

And don't use "SS" as an abbreviation for Subsurface, please.

Benjamin

Jef Driesen

May 9, 2016, 4:54:01 AM5/9/16
to Dan Bowkley, Libdivecomputer Mailing List, subsurfac...@googlegroups.com
On 2016-05-08 21:05, Linus Torvalds wrote:
> On Sun, May 8, 2016 at 6:23 AM, Dan Bowkley <danbo...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>>
>> I'm using a Tusa IQ-750 and for the most part importing my dives works
>> flawlessly, just plug it in and hit go. The only issue is it seems to
>> have
>> N2 and O2 backwards: my computer is set to air, and when the dives are
>> imported into SS it warns me that I have a very weird Nitrox mix of
>> 79% O2.
>> I'm betting a pair of variables got swapped somewhere.
>
> This sounds more like a libdivecomputer issue than a subsurface one.

Indeed.

@Dan: Can you send me a memory dump of your dive computer. Simply enable
both the libdivecomputer dumpfile and logfile checkboxes in the
subsurface download dialog. Note that it will help if you can record a
dive with all gas mixes set to different values (e.g. 22%, 23% and so
on). Air gets recorded as a zero byte, and since there are many zero
bytes present in the dive header, it's difficult to tell which byte(s)
are the gas mixes.

Jef