account management

Malcolm Cook

Jun 13, 2022, 7:47:34 PM6/13/22
to spctools-discuss
I wonder if thee exchanges are the state of the are for TPP account management and its documentation:

Cheers,
Malcolm

Luis Mendoza

Jun 14, 2022, 2:21:55 AM6/14/22
to spctools...@googlegroups.com
Hi Malcolm,
Yes, those instructions for adding new accounts are still valid; I find it simplest to follow the ones under your second link ("TPP Login Credentials").

Please do note that those passwords are only as secure as the server protocol under which you install TPP -- i.e. things are not at all secure unless using https.  The passwords are never stored locally; instead a one-way encryption with a locally-settable salt are used to generate a hash.  You may also wish to disable the default "guest" account in order to avoid unwanted access.

Cheers,
--Luis