add/create account for GUI under Ubuntu

Huan Wang

Jan 18, 2011, 5:58:53 PM1/18/11
to spctools-discuss
Hi,

I just installed v4.41 on ubuntu 10.04 64bit. I am trying to add
"tutorial" account following the instruction in the Tutorial, but the
crypt command just did not go anywhere. I realize that the
instructions are for cygwin under windows. If you run TPP on linux,
please help on this.

Thanks.

Huan

Joe Slagel

Jan 24, 2011, 2:06:26 PM1/24/11
to spctools...@googlegroups.com
Huan,

The "unix" version of those instructions are:

cd /usr/local/tpp/users
mkdir tutorial
crypt isbTPPspc TPP > .password
chmod -R 777 /usr/local/tpp/users/tutorial

The only change being using unix style paths as opposed to window style paths.  Also, you should use the TPP_ROOT directory that you specified when you built and installed TPP, if its not /usr/local/tpp.

-Joe

Joe Slagel
Institute for Systems Biology
jsl...@systemsbiology.org