SmartSVN and 3D CAD files

Robert Pozdal

Oct 21, 2018, 11:20:32 AM10/21/18
to SmartSVN
Does anyone using smartSVN to manage 3D CAD files (Pro-e, Creo etc.)
Any issues I should be aware of, any regrets ?

SmartSVN Support

Oct 22, 2018, 3:36:33 AM10/22/18
to smar...@googlegroups.com
> Does anyone using smartSVN to manage 3D CAD files (Pro-e, Creo etc.)
> Any issues I should be aware of, any regrets ?

I don't know these formats in special, but you should probably make sure that MIME Type is set to binary and you should consider setting 'Needs Lock'. Both can be automated based on the file extension using 'auto-props'.

--
Best regards,
Marc Strapetz

10/21/2018 17:21 - Robert Pozdal wrote:

> Does anyone using smartSVN to manage 3D CAD files (Pro-e, Creo etc.)
> Any issues I should be aware of, any regrets ?

Robert Finley

Mar 3, 2022, 2:02:00 AM3/3/22
to SmartSVN
We store all of our ECAD and MCAD files using SmartSVN and WanDisco for about 8 years now.  No regrets.