I/O Port assignments and the Z180

Douglas Miller

Apr 13, 2022, 9:52:18 PM4/13/22
to SEBHC
I know we've had discussions about I/O port assignments, but just
realized that if we ever do the Z180 board we will need to avoid I/O
address in the 00-3F range. The Z180 internal hardware will need to be
accessed in that range (since 40-7F, 80-BF, and C0-FF already have
H89/H8 devices well established). So, we'll want to plan for that going
forward. The H8-512K-MMU board is at 00, but that one is OK since the
Z180 won't use that board. So, any boards that won't/can't be used with
the Z180 could be in that range.

norberto...@koyado.com

Apr 14, 2022, 12:28:37 AM4/14/22
to se...@googlegroups.com
Yes, I'm planning to have a Z180 board with 1MB of RAM for the H8. There is a Z80 V4.0 board modified with a Z180 running either local 512K or H8-512K at 24MHz with 0 memory wait states without any issues. This is for POC and it is encouraging.

Thanks,
Norberto