certificate_unknown for sgadmin.sh

Vít Listík

Nov 12, 2017, 5:38:31 PM11/12/17
to Search Guard Community Forum
Hello,

I am trying to add some users to .searchguard index with sgadmin.sh

I have changed the demo certificates to domain wildcard certificate.
Https works correctly, but I am not able to generate valid client certificates.

openssl genrsa -out admin-es.key 2048
openssl req
-new -key admin-es.key -out admin-es.csr
openssl pkcs8
-topk8 -inform pem -in admin-es.key -outform pem -out admin-es.pkcs
openssl x509
-req -in admin-es.csr -CA domain.pem -CAkey domain.key -CAcreateserial -out admin-es.pem -days 1024 -sha256

openssl x509
-noout -subject -in admin-es.full.pem
subject
= /C=CZ/ST=Some-State/L=Prague/O=domain/CN=admin

elasticsearch
.yml

searchguard
.authcz.admin_dn:

- C=CZ,ST=Some-State,L=Prague,O=domain,CN=admin

/usr/share/elasticsearch/plugins/search-guard-5/tools/sgadmin.sh -nhnv -key admin-es.pkcs -icl -cert admin-es.pem -cacert domain.pem -keypass pass
which results in:
SSL Problem Received fatal alert: bad_certificate

I have also tried to concatenate certs to bundle
cat admin-es.pem domain.pem > admin-es.full.pem

/usr/share/elasticsearch/plugins/search-guard-5/tools/sgadmin.sh -nhnv -key admin-es.pkcs -icl -cert admin-es.full.pem -cacert domain.pem -keypass pass
which results in
SSL Problem Received fatal alert: certificate_unknown

I am aware of this example but it is not using OpenSSL https://github.com/floragunncom/search-guard-ssl/blob/master/example-pki-scripts/gen_client_node_cert.sh

Can you please suggest what am I doing wrong?

SG

Nov 13, 2017, 9:56:07 AM11/13/17
to search...@googlegroups.com
there is also script which use openssl only: https://github.com/floragunncom/search-guard-ssl/blob/master/example-pki-scripts/gen_node_cert_openssl.sh