Search Guard 6 GA has arrived!

Jochen Kressin

Dec 22, 2017, 4:15:55 PM12/22/17
to Search Guard Community Forum
Hi all,

we're super proud to announce that Search Guard 6 has reached GA!

We just released Search Guard 6.1.0-20 and the corresponding Search Guard Kibana plugin 6.1.0-8.

Both the Elasticsearch and the Kibana plugin are available on Maven central already:
In addition, we also released Search Guard v18 for Elasticsearch 5.6.x, which is a compatibility release. It's recommended to upgrade to Search Guard 5.6.x-18 prior to upgrading to Elasticsearch / Search Guard 6.

Detailed upgrade instructions from 5.x to 6.x can be found in the Search Guard docs, as well as the changelog.

Thank you all for your support over the course of this year, and we hope you enjoy Search Guard 6 as much as we do.

Jochen and the Search Guard team.

Search Guard (®) is an Elasticsearch plugin that offers encryption, authentication and authorisation.
Coded with love in Berlin, Denmark, Sweden and the US.
Search Guard is a trademark of floragunn GmbH, registered in the U.S. and in other countries.
Elasticsearch, Kibana, Logstash, and Beats are trademarks of Elasticsearch BV, registered in the U.S. and in other countries.
floragunn GmbH is not affiliated with Elasticsearch BV.

marcus young

Dec 28, 2017, 7:38:46 AM12/28/17
to Search Guard Community Forum
The releases tab on github shows "6.1.0-", missing the build number "20", will this affect anything when I attempt to upgrade?

SG

Dec 28, 2017, 2:32:50 PM12/28/17
to search...@googlegroups.com
I added a new tag