How are binary releases being built?

austin.m...@sony.com

Jul 26, 2018, 8:32:46 PM7/26/18
to Search Guard Community Forum
I'm trying to replicate the upstream build using maven. I'm able to get it to compile (using mvn package), but when using the generated jar, it fails because of the missing dependencies.

I tried using mvn dependency:copy-dependencies to copy the dependencies to the target folder, but that failed for me:
19:26:44,728 INFO  - [ERROR] Plugin org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-dependency-plugin:2.8 or one of its dependencies could not be resolved: Failed to read artifact descriptor for org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-dependency-plugin:jar:2.8: 1 problem was encountered while building the effective model

Could someone share how the official releases on central.maven.org (i.e., http://central.maven.org/maven2/com/floragunn/search-guard-6/6.3.1-22.3/search-guard-6-6.3.1-22.3.zip) are being built?

For reference, trying to build git tag v6.3.1-22.3.

Thanks!
-Austin

Austin.M...@sony.com

Jul 27, 2018, 11:58:45 AM7/27/18
to search...@googlegroups.com
> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/search-guard/a2141b60-2fca-42fa-b73a-74a562b17475%40googlegroups.com
> <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/search-guard/a2141b60-2fca-42fa-b73a-74a562b17475%40googlegroups.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>.

It seems that I had a bad copy of maven-dependency-plugin-2.8.pom. I rm
-rf'ed the 2.8 directory and retried, which worked for
dependency:copy-dependencies.

--
Austin English
Austin.M...@sony.com

Jochen Kressin

Jul 27, 2018, 5:54:11 PM7/27/18
to search...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

the proper way to build Search Guard as an installable zip is to just activate the enterprise profile by adding, e.g.

mvn clean install -Penterprise

Of course, also check that the dependencies in pom.xml are correct.

Austin.M...@sony.com

Jul 30, 2018, 2:53:21 PM7/30/18
to search...@googlegroups.com
Lovely, worked perfectly, thanks!