Expired Free Basic License of Xpack

varun saluja

May 2, 2018, 3:04:25 AM5/2/18
to Search Guard Community Forum
When asking questions, please provide the following information:

* Search Guard and Elasticsearch version
* Installed and used enterprise modules, if any
* JVM version and operating system version
* Search Guard configuration files
* Elasticsearch log messages on debug level
* Other installed Elasticsearch or Kibana plugins, if any

Hi Experts,
We were using free basic license of Xpack for monitoring purpose from last year. It has expired now. Can I renew free license further without affecting anything on my ES cluster.

Thanks,
Varun Saluja

varun saluja

May 2, 2018, 3:08:43 AM5/2/18
to Search Guard Community Forum
ES Version: 5.2.

I read on few community blogs which states, its feasible to extend basic license further after an year. Need to make sure it has no affect on ES cluster/data.

Saw below link which mentions to remove complete ES data to start trail license again. Does this also apply to basic free license.
https://discuss.elastic.co/t/how-to-reinstall-x-pack/69248/3

Thanks

SG

May 2, 2018, 5:22:55 AM5/2/18
to search...@googlegroups.com
That seems not to be Search Guard related, pls ask you question here https://discuss.elastic.co
X-Pack and Search Guard are different products from different vendors.