jwt_auth_domain is still disabled after setting sg_config.yml

Johnson C

Jan 18, 2018, 3:23:46 AM1/18/18
to Search Guard Community Forum
When asking questions, please provide the following information:

* Search Guard and Elasticsearch version
* Installed and used enterprise modules, if any
* JVM version and operating system version
* Search Guard configuration files
* Elasticsearch log messages on debug level
* Other installed Elasticsearch or Kibana plugins, if any

Version Info:
Elasticsearch version:6.1.1, Search Guard Version: 6.1.1; Kibana: 6.1.1;
JVM version: 1.8.0_131, Win 10;

Problem:

After configure sg_config.yml as below, jwt_auth_domain is still disabled.
How to enable jwt_auth_domain?

SG

Jan 18, 2018, 4:52:48 AM1/18/18
to search...@googlegroups.com
did you run sgadmin after changing sg_config.yml? See http://docs.search-guard.com/latest/sgadmin

Jochen Kressin

Jan 18, 2018, 7:41:42 AM1/18/18
to Search Guard Community Forum
If this is not a fresh install but an upgrade, you may have hit a bug affecting the config reload. Please make sure you are on Search Guard 6.1.1-20.1.

Johnson C

Jan 22, 2018, 3:51:03 AM1/22/18
to Search Guard Community Forum
So i must use the sgadmin to flush configure?
I restarted the ES  and Kibana application, it seems not work.

Johnson C

Jan 22, 2018, 3:56:59 AM1/22/18
to search...@googlegroups.com
This is fresh install and it's version is 6.1.1-20.1, maybe i will try other version just in case this is a bug in this version

Jochen Kressin

Jan 22, 2018, 4:12:18 AM1/22/18
to search...@googlegroups.com
6.1.1-20.1 is the most recent version, there are no known issues.

Every configuration change in sg_config.yml must be pushed to SG via sgadmin. The config is stored in the Search Guard index in Elasticsearch, it's not read from any file on startup. That allows for hot config reloading. See:

("The Search Guard index")

and:

Johnson C

Jan 23, 2018, 1:12:32 AM1/23/18
to Search Guard Community Forum
Your advise is really helpful, thanks very much.