Recommended Plugin Versions for Elasticsearch 5.1.1

Terry Quigley

Aug 11, 2017, 9:11:04 AM8/11/17
to Search Guard Community Forum
Is there a full matrix describing which plugins are compatible with each Elasticsearch version?

I am especially concerned about the JWT plugin version as we get exceptions if we don't use a jar with dependencies

We require the following plugins - version details are against each one - we took these from the poms that depended on 5.1.1
  • Search Guard itself - 5.1.1-12 (from https://github.com/floragunncom/search-guard/wiki at time of starting evaluation)
    • JWT plugin - we are unclear which one we should use as both of these result in ClassNotFound exceptions
      • 5.0.3 depends on ES 5.0.2 (SG 5.0.2-9)
      • 5.0.4 depends on ES 5.2.1(SG 5.2.1-11)
    • Rest Management API -
      • 5.1.3 depends on ES 5.1.1 (SG 5.1.1-9)
    • DLSFLS
      • 5.1.5 depends on ES 5.1.1 (SG 5.1.1-9)

Thanks

SG

Aug 11, 2017, 1:33:34 PM8/11/17
to search...@googlegroups.com
You should upgrade because 5.1.1-12 is a bit old (in the worl of security).

Despite that try this for 5.1.1-12

http://oss.sonatype.org/service/local/artifact/maven/content?c=jar-with-dependencies&r=releases&g=com.floragunn&a=dlic-search-guard-auth-http-jwt&v=5.0-5
http://oss.sonatype.org/service/local/artifact/maven/content?c=jar-with-dependencies&r=releases&g=com.floragunn&a=dlic-search-guard-module-dlsfls&v=5.1-6
http://oss.sonatype.org/service/local/artifact/maven/content?c=jar-with-dependencies&r=releases&g=com.floragunn&a=dlic-search-guard-rest-api&v=5.1-4

Pls. note that you need to purchase a license if you run this modules in production

Terry Quigley

Aug 14, 2017, 10:09:44 AM8/14/17
to Search Guard Community Forum
Thanks for the quick response. That is one of the combinations I tried. The JWT plugin doesn't work with this setup. I get the following:

[2017-08-14T15:05:19,526][WARN ][c.f.s.a.BackendRegistry  ] Unable to create instance of class java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException with (Settings.class)constructor due to class com.floragunn.dlic.auth.http.jwt.HTTPJwtAuthenticator
[2017-08-14T15:05:19,527][ERROR][c.f.s.a.BackendRegistry  ] Unable to initialize auth domain java.lang.NoSuchMethodException: com.floragunn.dlic.auth.http.jwt.HTTPJwtAuthenticator.<init>(org.elasticsearch.common.settings.Settings, com.floragunn.searchguard.action.configupdate.TransportConfigUpdateAction) due to jwt_auth_domain

SG

Aug 15, 2017, 4:16:39 PM8/15/17
to search...@googlegroups.com

Terry Quigley

Aug 16, 2017, 8:56:50 AM8/16/17
to Search Guard Community Forum
Is there a specific configuration issue you have in mind ? I tried this jar and don't see anything that indicates an problem.

When I run any JWT jar with dependencies included it works. It is a jar that works without dependencies that I would prefer unless you are recommending otherwise.

SG

Aug 16, 2017, 12:18:51 PM8/16/17
to search...@googlegroups.com
You need always the "jar with dependencies" !
(There is no working jar without dependencies or something)
> To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/search-guard/19c281d9-d820-45ec-8357-e359d13617ed%40googlegroups.com.

Terry Quigley

Aug 16, 2017, 12:24:24 PM8/16/17
to Search Guard Community Forum
I don't need the jar with dependencies for either the REST Management API or for the DLSFLS plugin.

SG

Aug 16, 2017, 12:40:43 PM8/16/17
to search...@googlegroups.com
you do, everything else is unsupported and may break at any time without prior notice (although it may work currently because some of the modules does not have dependencies currently)