Two questions

djtecha

Jun 27, 2016, 2:47:22 PM6/27/16
to Search Guard
1) if you use the proxy pass method does it only consider the sg_roles.yml declaration? I see the x-proxy-user come though, and obviously the x-proxy-roles are null values as nginx isn't passing those. But I would have thought the sg_role_mapping file would match on my x-proxy-user name and properly add that user to the role mapped in that file. But this is just not happening.

2) Do users added to the sg_internal_users.yml file need to have a password? Can we create a user without a password and get them to be checked via the basic_internal_auth_domain? Seems like the user is just silently ignored if I don't have a hash value defined.

SG

Jun 29, 2016, 11:49:52 AM6/29/16
to search...@googlegroups.com

This was a bug and fixed with https://github.com/floragunncom/search-guard/issues/150

> 2) Do users added to the sg_internal_users.yml file need to have a password? Can we create a user without a password and get them to be checked via the basic_internal_auth_domain? Seems like the user is just silently ignored if I don't have a hash value defined.

empty or null passwords are not supported (this should throw an exception)