Kibana asks for authentication twice !

Oucema Bellagha

Mar 7, 2017, 10:55:24 AM3/7/17
to Search Guard
Hi folks,

So I get all the Searchguard running with ELK stack - but now when I authenticate into kibana I need to authenticate twice - what could be the problem?
ELK: 5.2.2
Searchguard: 5.2.2-12

Kibana conf:
kibana.index: ".kibana-operations"

elasticsearch.preserveHost: false
elasticsearch.ssl.ca: "/etc/kibana/root-ca.pem"
elasticsearch.ssl.verify: false
elasticsearch.username: "kibanaserver"
elasticsearch.password: "password"
elasticsearch.url: "https://kibanaserver:9200"

console.proxyConfig:
  - match:
      protocol: "https"
    ssl:
      ca: "/etc/kibana/root-ca.pem"
Elasticsearch conf:
bootstrap: {memory_lock: true}
cluster: {name: elasticsearch}
discovery:
  zen:
    minimum_master_nodes: 2
    ping:
      unicast: {hosts: 'kibanaserver,kibanaserver2'}
http: {host: 10.3.0.221, max_content_length: 100mb, port: 9200}
network: {host: 10.3.0.221}
node: {data: true, master: true, name: kibanaserver}
path: {conf: /etc/elasticsearch, data: /var/lib/elasticsearch, logs: /var/log/elasticsearch,
  scripts: /usr/share/elasticsearch/config/scripts}
searchguard:
  authcz.admin_dn: ['CN=admin, OU=yolo, O=yolo, L=SA, C=US']
  ssl:
    http: {enabled: true, keystore_filepath: 'kibanaserver-keystore.jks, keystore_password: password,
      truststore_filepath: truststore.jks, truststore_password: password}
    transport: {enforce_hostname_verification: false, keystore_filepath: 'kibanaserver-keystore.jks,
      keystore_password: password, truststore_filepath: truststore.jks,
      truststore_password: password}
transport: {tcp.compress: true, tcp.port: 9300}

logs from kibana are attached.

Now as you can see it seems like there's two authentications:

Second: /es_admin/.kibana-operations/index-pattern/_search?stored_fields

kibana.log

SG

Mar 9, 2017, 3:32:15 AM3/9/17
to search...@googlegroups.com