Search Guard Auth - Elasticpress

pat...@amatc.com.au

Dec 11, 2018, 8:00:37 AM12/11/18
to Search Guard Community Forum
Elasticsearch - 5.6.13
Search Guard - search-guard-5:5.6.13-19.2
Java - openjdk version "1.8.0_191"

Wordpress Elasticpress plugin auth fails ES_SHIELD is configured in wp-config.php.

Auth works ok using curl.

When asking questions, please provide the following information:

* Search Guard and Elasticsearch version
* Installed and used enterprise modules, if any
* JVM version and operating system version
* Search Guard configuration files
* Elasticsearch log messages on debug level
* Other installed Elasticsearch or Kibana plugins, if any

Search Guard

Dec 11, 2018, 8:15:02 AM12/11/18
to Search Guard Community Forum
That far to few pieces of information to help you here. Can you pls. provide (strip sensitive values):

- elasticsearch.yml
- sg_config.yml
- wp-config.php

pat...@amatc.com.au

Dec 11, 2018, 4:09:44 PM12/11/18
to Search Guard Community Forum
I have attached.
elasticsearch.yml
sg_config.yml
wp-config.php

SG

Dec 11, 2018, 5:11:03 PM12/11/18
to search...@googlegroups.com
I assume it must be

define( 'ES_SHIELD', 'admin:admin' ); #typo
define( 'EP_HOST', 'https://localhost:9200' ); #https instead of http

instead of

define( 'ES_SHEILD', 'admin:admin' );
define( 'EP_HOST', 'http://localhost:9200' );

Right?
> <elasticsearch.yml><sg_config.yml><wp-config.php>

pat...@amatc.com.au

Dec 11, 2018, 5:13:55 PM12/11/18
to Search Guard Community Forum
I disabled https to test without it as I also had https issue. So this is not the issue.

pat...@amatc.com.au

Dec 11, 2018, 5:49:39 PM12/11/18
to Search Guard Community Forum
I have resolved https issue but still have auth problem.