Create New User

rapolu vinod

Jun 29, 2016, 2:58:41 AM6/29/16
to Search Guard
Hi,

 How to Create new user in elasticsearch.

thanakyou,
vinod

Jochen Kressin

Jun 29, 2016, 3:25:08 AM6/29/16
to Search Guard
How you add new users depends on the authentication backend you want to use (LDAP, internal etc.)

You can find general installation instructions, including LDPA etc., here:

https://github.com/floragunncom/search-guard-docs/blob/master/configuration.md

If you want to use the internal user database, you can find an in-depth example in the Kibana section of the documentation as well:

After you made your configuration changes, do not forget to push these changes by using the sgadmin command line tool. See section "Hot config reloading: Using sgadmin" in the configuration chapter of the docs.

Vin

Jun 30, 2016, 4:49:13 AM6/30/16
to Search Guard

hi,
I am able to create new users with all permissions,but How to create a user with read only permissions.

I have followed the below steps.

1) i have created a user in sg_internal_users.yml file
2) i have mapped  that user in sg_roles_mapping.yml ,like below

sg_public:
  users:
    - 'analyst'

3) i have given read permissions to sg_roles.yml

sg_public:
  indices:
    '*':
      '*':
        - READ
        - GET
        - SEARCH
        - DATA_ACCESS

4) all works good, but when i tried to read the data from kibana UI it is showing balnk page like below

what is the issue, and how to solve it.

Thankyou

SG

Jul 6, 2016, 8:20:38 AM7/6/16
to search...@googlegroups.com
try:

sg_public:
indices:
'*':
'*':
- indices:admin/mappings/fields/get*
- indices:admin/validate/query*
- indices:admin/get*
- READ
- GET
- SEARCH
- DATA_ACCESS
'?kibana':
'*':
- indices:admin/exists*
- indices:admin/mapping/put*
- indices:admin/mappings/fields/get*
- indices:admin/refresh*
- indices:admin/validate/query*
- indices:data/read/get*
- indices:data/read/mget*
- indices:data/read/search*
- indices:data/write/delete*
- indices:data/write/index*
- indices:data/write/update*

> Am 30.06.2016 um 10:49 schrieb Vin <rapol...@gmail.com>:
>

> hi,
> I am able to create new users with all permissions,but How to create a user with read only permissions.
>
> I have followed the below steps.
>
> 1) i have created a user in sg_internal_users.yml file
> 2) i have mapped that user in sg_roles_mapping.yml ,like below
>
> sg_public:
> users:
> - 'analyst'
>
> 3) i have given read permissions to sg_roles.yml
>
> sg_public:
> indices:
> '*':
> '*':
> - READ
> - GET
> - SEARCH
> - DATA_ACCESS
>

> 4) all works good, but when i tried to read the data from kibana UI it is showing balnk page like below
>

> what is the issue, and how to solve it.
>
> Thankyou
>

> On Wednesday, 29 June 2016 12:28:41 UTC+5:30, Vin wrote:
> Hi,
>

> How to Create new user in elasticsearch.
>
> thanakyou,
> vinod

Vin

Jul 6, 2016, 8:31:42 AM7/6/16
to Search Guard
Its Working...

Thank you So much :)

Vin

Jul 6, 2016, 8:34:58 AM7/6/16
to Search Guard
And I have One More Doubt..

How can we give read only permissions to the selected indexes.

SG

Jul 7, 2016, 2:42:06 AM7/7/16
to search...@googlegroups.com
sg_public: