SearchGuard with es-hadoop

SDuara

Mar 8, 2017, 1:44:19 AM3/8/17
to Search Guard
Hi

Is there a document/blog on making Searchguard work with es-hadoop

I am on

Elasticsearch v2.3.5
es-hadoop jar v 2.4.0

Searchguard2  v2.3.5.10

Searchguard SSL  v2.3.5.20

Trying to populate the index by writing to Hive tables.

What are the requisites of enable http SSL and access the index from the Data lake

Thanks

SG

Mar 9, 2017, 10:41:45 AM3/9/17
to search...@googlegroups.com
First: Pls upgrade to Search Guard 2.3.5.11

Can you send us the steps and configs from what you tried so far?

From Search Guard/Elasticsearch point of view all the hadoop stuff is nothing other than a regular http(s) client.
So we recommend to get things running first without haddop integration unless you are able to curl elasticsearch sucessfully.
Then go to https://www.elastic.co/guide/en/elasticsearch/hadoop/current/security.html and read how to access a secured elasticsearch instance.